UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 85: Spidey 2010s

Trekker 42

6 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

So perhaps I am just a lonely voice , someone who loves Spider-Man & loves Minimates , someone who actually loved  Waves 76 & 77 .....2 of the strongest waves in years with totally worthwhile Spider-Man variations  .   I guess my problem is that I collected Walgreen Minimates , Walgreen Minimates waves (generally) had at least one Spider-Man variation (sometimes 2 ) in each wave , if there wasn't a Spider-Man then there was a Venom or a Spider-Woman/Girl ! 

Maybe 'animated versions don't count' ?   I can count .

I'm sorry, I hadn't thought about Walgreens,  they feel like ancient history to me now. To be fair,  they were based on the Spider- Man Animated Series and that series is chock-full of spider-characters (Miles, Arana, Gwen, Venom), so we were going to get a lot of Spider. 

If you count Walgreens, there may not be a lot that's new for you in the next set. But as these are comic-based, they do have a lot more detail, new sculpted parts, etc. Hopefully we'll show them off on October at NYCC.

Edited by DSTZach

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were to be a Spider-Verse set based on the 2015 comic, I would imagine the line up consisting of:

Spider-Man Peter Parker (with Mayday Parker baby)
Silk
Scarlet Spider Kaine (Kind of Ben Reilly, but completes the trio)
Spider-Man 2099 or Spider-Punk (Newly popular character)
Morlun
Spider-Ham pack in figure. 

13 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Apparently, my phone is a DC fan.

I mean, if you guys could ever restart those...

Updated Harley Quinn ( jacket, hot pants,white skin like in cartoon and comics)

Batgirl of Burnside

Damian Wayne

Poisom Ivy

Batman Who Laughs

Jon Kent

Beast Boy

Terra

Metallo

Batwing

Donna Troy

Max Lord

Cassie Sandsmark

Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes

Crush

Updated Darkseid

Updated Catwoman

YOU GOT OPTIONS!!!

On 8/8/2023 at 8:23 AM, buttheadsmate said:

I'm mentioning this because of the reference to a  'Ben Reilly' minimate which ,out of sheer coincidence, I've noticed on US eBay (re: Sun Coast Hobgoblin/Scarlet Spider) has become something of an overpriced rarity....bidding has not finished on one item on current US eBay & the bidding started at $80 !

I can't explain why but that is one of my most loved 2 packs. When I eventually part with all of my non X-Men related minis, I suspect these are two I'll hold on to. 

Spider-Ham was a secret-chase from the Marvel Kubrick line & until this week I had always assumed that another secret-chase from that line was called 'Venom-Ham' :blush:  I've been calling 'him' Venom-Ham for years yet now I can find no reference to him at all !  I was going to post that maybe we'd be getting the symbiotic version of Spider-Ham in the future ....good ol' Venom-Ham  ...er.....Pork Grind .

I prefer Venom Ham .

There were just 4 waves of Marvel kubricks (2003-2004) , just 28 figures & 4 secrets . The 4 secrets were Peter Porker ,Venom Ham Black Peter Porker, Venom-Punisher & .....Doppelganger .  How on earth haven't we had those characters 'minimated' *?

Amazingly Doppelgänger is the only one out of those 4 that has a Minimate equivalent but that was not a *comic-based version ......I wonder ?:whistling:

23 hours ago, Freaqualizer said:

There’s a Spider-Ham Lego head that goes REALLY well onto the Itsy-Bitsy Spider-Man minimate. Here’s mine posing with a (for some unknown reason handless) Spider-Man Noir. 😊

https://imgur.com/a/HLhjlA1

That looks awesome!

Although irrelevant, I’d say most minimates are easy to find on the secondary market and now that we are effectively only getting 10 Marvel ones a year I get really annoyed with repeats. Obviously some are necessary evils like Walk Of Shame DD but at least we are getting D-Man parts.

8 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

There were just 4 waves of Marvel kubricks (2003-2004) , just 28 figures & 4 secrets . The 4 secrets were Peter Porker ,Venom Ham Black Peter Porker, Venom-Punisher & .....Doppelganger .  How on earth haven't we had those characters 'minimated' *?

Amazingly Doppelgänger is the only one out of those 4 that has a Minimate equivalent but that was not a *comic-based version ......I wonder ?:whistling:

I may be misunderstanding, but our Doppelganger was definitely comic-based. It was in the Maximum Carnage series.

Minimate Database: Doppelganger

Venom Punisher is a pretty easy QC.

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I may be misunderstanding, but our Doppelganger was definitely comic-based. It was in the Maximum Carnage series.

Minimate Database: Doppelganger

Venom Punisher is a pretty easy QC.

You are of course correct about Doppelgänger ,it was wave 76 which also feels like ancient history .  I had it in my head it was a WG 'mate . 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Gmonkey2k said:

Idk, Miguel looks pretty nice, especially with the arm-thorns.

Does he look 40 bucks nice?

I may order a set out of loyalty to Luke but candidly this wave screams skip. So many of these are repeats that I just don’t need or want but I’m happy for those that are happy.