UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 54

Nessex

BigVis, what's wrong with the overlap? Do you feel like you've been cheated out of new figures, or that you'll be forced to buy figures you don't want? I guess a completist will end up with two caps and two Falcons, but we designed the assortment so people didn't have to buy two of anybody besides the Hydra Elite in order to get everybody.

And yes, the Hydra Elite's cape is removable. ALSO, Baron Strucker comes with an overcoat, and Red Skull comes with a face. I'll post art soon.

Nah, don't get me wrong I much prefer this method then having to buy a figure I already have like DD/Kingpin. It just means I'm only buying three packs instead of four. And I like giving you guys my money!

Too late now but I was hoping we could get a SLIGHTLY different take on Falcon if we're doubling up. Maybe like Marvel Legends where one was the Modern look and one was the white vest look. Could be the exact same figure just slightly different tampos. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I like to get as many new minimates as I can in a wave.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here's just a weird nitpick, and not really a serious critique: does anyone wish Falcon's mask was a slip-over cap with eyeholes rather than painted on? I have this OCD thing where I hate slip-over caps for people with full masks, like Spidey or Deadpool, but I prefer slip-over caps with eye and mouth holes cut out for people with half masks, like Cap or... Falcon. I guess I just like the "layered" effect when you can see its a mask over a face. There was a time when I considered making such masks for figures like Moonstone or X-Factor Marvel Girl, who have half masks and long hair, but there are so many of them, and it's a little harder to cut the wrap around to fit with the hair, and it would be totally crazy to do that, anyway...

Anyway, I may do it for Falcon. Does anyone else have this weird compulsion?

Okay, here's just a weird nitpick, and not really a serious critique: does anyone wish Falcon's mask was a slip-over cap with eyeholes rather than painted on? I have this OCD thing where I hate slip-over caps for people with full masks, like Spidey or Deadpool, but I prefer slip-over caps with eye and mouth holes cut out for people with half masks, like Cap or... Falcon. I guess I just like the "layered" effect when you can see its a mask over a face. There was a time when I considered making such masks for figures like Moonstone or X-Factor Marvel Girl, who have half masks and long hair, but there are so many of them, and it's a little harder to cut the wrap around to fit with the hair, and it would be totally crazy to do that, anyway...

I wish it were a slip on mask. That way you could display him with or without mustache.

Then again, I also wish we had a classic Falcon like that amazing custom you made for me... so... y'know, I'm a glass is 60% full kinda guy on this one.

So madame hydra is also known as viper so is that who viper was in the wolverine?

Yep

Sort of....

In name only. Here's hoping like Quicksilver, we can get the proper HYDRA Viper with Von Strucker in a proper Cap film.

Both Winter Soldiers look incredible. The faces are just like Epting's drawings.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

So madame hydra is also known as viper so is that who viper was in the wolverine?

Yep

Sort of....

In name only. Here's hoping like Quicksilver, we can get the proper HYDRA Viper with Von Strucker in a proper Cap film.

Both Winter Soldiers look incredible. The faces are just like Epting's drawings.

Exactly. Wolverine *does* have a history with Viper/Madame Hydra in the comics.

Viper in The Wolverine fills a sort-of-almost-similar role of a menacing dangerous female villain, but the similarities end there.

As far as i know, 616 Madame Hydra does not have a forked tongue or a blonde wig :P

I think that Viper was a man?

Linkage

EDIT: Fact Check - Madame Hydra actually killed the male Viper & usurped his name for herself, so it's actually the same woman still.

Edited by Nessex

Sounds like a solid two-pack. Ask DST for that new IM armor. Does IM still use it? Is he still in space? I am behind. He should come with Death's Head.

Packaged shots:

http://www.artasylum.com/2014/01/more-marvel-minimates-are-soaring-towards-stores/

Done and done. Request/question sent to DST. :) He has been in space a good portion of the time since NOW! started. Much of the time when we see his black and gold suit he is operating it remotely from space. Cool idea to have 2 versions of Iron Man in 2 comics "happening" at the same time.

dst-marvel-minimates-series-54-captain-a

Dunno if I'll be getting anything from this wave at all. Maybe Winter Soldier and Falcon but that's just me.

...yeah that picture is giving me some second thoughts...

P.S. Am I the only bothered by Red Skull's cosmic cube hands? They're painted black to go with older Red Skulls, but there are TWO. Shouldn't one of them have metallic paint to match the Red Skull that you ARE getting?

End of January, possibly.

Possibly.

Hey lobsterman, you are not alone. It is the one thing I wish for to. No joke, that is the one thing that may keep this from being the best 2-pack ever made , still in the top 3. That's how much I like it and am looking forward to it.

My biggest want for the face mask was captain marvel, and more recently, Angela.

Sounds like a job for the 3D printing guys ( including myself if I can ever get some 3D modeling time)

And while on topic, I may be in the minority, but I like this version of falcon's costume more the classic. I still hope for a classic, been waiting 10 yrs for falcon!