UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 54

Nessex

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just getting caught up on a bunch of Marvel Now reading and it is making me even more excited for the various Marvel Now designs (some in this wave and some in the TRU stuff lately).

I've searched around in here and I have not seen anyone talking about the new Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) look. Any ideas on whether she gets mated? (I know what I said)

Just getting caught up on a bunch of Marvel Now reading and it is making me even more excited for the various Marvel Now designs (some in this wave and some in the TRU stuff lately).

I've searched around in here and I have not seen anyone talking about the new Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) look. Any ideas on whether she gets mated? (I know what I said)

I know i've mentioned her and Doctor Strange whenever NOW! talk pops up (and Hawkeye and Black Widow, but fortunately we already got them). Love Carol, love the book, love the new look, desperately a Minimate of her.

I know i've mentioned her and Doctor Strange whenever NOW! talk pops up (and Hawkeye and Black Widow, but fortunately we already got them). Love Carol, love the book, love the new look, desperately a Minimate of her.

I would love to see an Iron Man Guardians of the Galaxy armor / Carol Danvers with swap out space helmet pack. What are the odds Zach?

Sounds like a solid two-pack. Ask DST for that new IM armor. Does IM still use it? Is he still in space? I am behind. He should come with Death's Head.

Packaged shots:

http://www.artasylum.com/2014/01/more-marvel-minimates-are-soaring-towards-stores/

Yikes! So the Army Builders at TRU are the exclusives? Crud that doesn't bode well. My golden Ultron army shall be small I guess.

I would love to see an Iron Man Guardians of the Galaxy armor / Carol Danvers with swap out space helmet pack. What are the odds Zach?

No no no, you have to save space Iron Man as the anchor for the four pack with Star-lord, Gamora, and Rocket Raccoon.

Curious that the LCS sets feature Cap and robot Red Skull and bad guy Winter Soldier and the Falcon as two separate sets but TRU features one single set of the Cap and Falcon figures paired together. Has this happened before?

This is good though, yes? If you buy the LCS set, you are not forced to repeat two characters in order to get the other WS and an additional Hydra Army Man.

And this happened (kind of) with wave 25. Bucky Cap and an AIM Solder were packed together in the TRU wave and separately in the LCS wave.

@Zach - I don't recall, do the Hydra Elite have alternate looks? Like, can they be displayed w/o the cape? This may effect how many I purchase. ;)

would love to see an Iron Man Guardians of the Galaxy armor / Carol Danvers with swap out space helmet pack. What are the odds Zach?

No no no, you have to save space Iron Man as the anchor for the four pack with Star-lord, Gamora, and Rocket Raccoon.

Unless you only want Iron Man from GotG, no one else.... *cough*Secret War Cap*cough* Edited by Onyx_6

BigVis, what's wrong with the overlap? Do you feel like you've been cheated out of new figures, or that you'll be forced to buy figures you don't want? I guess a completist will end up with two caps and two Falcons, but we designed the assortment so people didn't have to buy two of anybody besides the Hydra Elite in order to get everybody.

And yes, the Hydra Elite's cape is removable. ALSO, Baron Strucker comes with an overcoat, and Red Skull comes with a face. I'll post art soon.

Edited by DSTZach

Yeah, I didn't really see an issue with the overlap since you packed it in a way I wouldn't have to get 2 Caps and 2 Falcons.

Plus the Hydra Elite can be dynamic in terms of costuming, so 3 isn't an issue.

Would a different Cap have been nice? Sure. Though I don't care about Falcon, so maybe a Bucky in his stead? lol oh well.

Dat Thor...drool.gif

The way the over-lap is worked in this wave works out great for me. As mentioned earlier, you can skip ending up with 2 caps & 2 Falcons. And i like having a couple of Army builders, but don't always like ending up with duplicates of non-army characters. IMHO, this is the way to do figure-sharing between LCS & TRU.

just my $0.02.