UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alpha Flight Minimates!

Jay Tigran

Word. Love me some Alpha Flight. I don't even hold their Canadian-ness against them.

Say, this wouldn't happen to be the '80s property previously referred to, would it?

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice.

Looks like a high likelihood of two sets to round out the team, too. Definite buy(s?) for me. I may have to get a second Puck too - looks like his headgear would work well for a custom Devil Slayer I'm thinking about making.

Glad to see some Canadian love in the minimate world other than Wolverine. Great job DST! They are beautiful. :thumbsup:

Can any of you comic book aficionados reveal the history behind Northstar's white hair?

He's supposed to have shiny black hair. It was depicted with a LOT of white/silver as a lighting effect. Artists and colorists mistakenly thought Northstar (and Aurora) had white hair, and the pair were later depicted as such.

Edited by Turtle

Love this set and can't wait to see the other set. Can someone fill me in on why Guardian has a robot face included? It has been ages since I read AF and I know his wife took over as Guardian, but that he had returned. Any guesses on who's in the second set? Shaman, Sasquatch, Aurora and Snowbird?

Awesome set of figures with great accessories - thanks DST! This is what con exclusive boxsets are all about! Of course the only problem is that now I really want to see set #2 - it seems to be the lot of the minimate collector to get an eagerly anticipated reveal only to have another one set up right away - and just to be clear I wouldn't want to change a thing! :thumbsup:

Yes, like Turtle said, John Byrne chose to draw both Northstar and Aurora with black hair that has a sheen to it, and artists have interpreted that as white hair over the years.

mu_alphaflight_heads.jpg

northstar.jpg

northstar-new_0_0.JPG

byrne-woman.jpg

somethings fishy about that(and its not Marina) typically in comics shiny black is depicted with dark blue as the highlight color think Punishers and black spidey costumes, hell look at Shaman in that same group of pics he is Native American(canadian) That is shiny BLACK hair. also note Vindicators cowl in the same group pics white with black shading.

Edited by Mattallica

Love this set and can't wait to see the other set. Can someone fill me in on why Guardian has a robot face included? It has been ages since I read AF and I know his wife took over as Guardian, but that he had returned. Any guesses on who's in the second set? Shaman, Sasquatch, Aurora and Snowbird?

Here ya go.

Delphine_Courtney_001.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Meh. Not thrilled myself, but happy for those of you that want them . I'm definitely buying them, they just weren't at the top of my wish list. I was hoping more for a Captain America's Allies box set.

That said: Puck NEEDS to come with the slipper-feet pictured in the pic of him doing the handstand. The regular feet pictured in the other pics almost ruin him, since he's such a short character.

When they do make Sasquatch, I hope he has a spacer in his torso to give him more height. I know they are limited as to how high they can make him, but he still needs to be noticeably taller than the others.

I do expect to see the entire team completed and spread over the box sets, and LCBS & TRU exclusive 2-packs. Isn't there a female Vindicator as well?

As for DST's pattern, we got completed teams of Excalibur, New Mutants, soon I'm sure 90's X-Force will be completed. I LOVE this strategy, and hope we finally get more holes filled in our remaining rosters (Inhumans, Songbird & Ghost, maybe current silver-uniformed X-Force). Even though Alpha Flight isn't my top desire, with them out of the way, that leaves the next prolific team to receive this treatment. And that's always exciting.

But, Kudos to DST for a 4-pack of all new characters!

Here ya go.

Delphine_Courtney_001.jpg

Right before Byrne left, he did a story where it appeared that Mac (Guardian) had returned, but it was all a trick, a damn dirty trick. It was actually... that robot chick there, I can't remember her name, and it was all arranged by Hudson's nemesis, the guy in the wheelchair who ran Omega Flight. Look, if you wanna know there names, look 'em up yourself or wait for Miry, okay?