UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alpha Flight Minimates!

Jay Tigran

um....the legs and arms are from one of the newer Thing minimates, the cuffs are painted Rachel Grey cuffs, the feet are painted robin or harley quinn feet, the chest and crotch pieces are painted blue with details done by pen and the head is from transformation venom with Nova's hair

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its uncanny how you guys can suss out exact plans based on just a few clues.

No, I'm really constantly shouting "dammit!" at my screen WhenevEr you guys magically guess exactly whAt the next box set or seRiEs breakdoWn or even license is gonnA be. GranTed, the next person then goes miles off Course, but still HavIng even oNe or two people predict our plans is pretty amazinG.

Well, Zach, you have to know that sometimes those bugs at the office are not always of the insect variety. Which reminds me, tell Chuck those double chocolate chip cookies he had in his bottom drawer were great and your right mutton chop was about a centimeter too long yesterday (threw your whole look off).

Its uncanny how you guys can suss out exact plans based on just a few clues.

No, I'm really constantly shouting "dammit!" at my screen WhenevEr you guys magically guess exactly whAt the next box set or seRiEs breakdoWn or even license is gonnA be. GranTed, the next person then goes miles off Course, but still HavIng even oNe or two people predict our plans is pretty amazinG.

Well, Zach, you have to know that sometimes those bugs at the office are not always of the insect variety. Which reminds me, tell Chuck those double chocolate chip cookies he had in his bottom drawer were great and your right mutton chop was about a centimeter too long yesterday (threw your whole look off).

Let me get this straight... you can remote-taste food in the Maryland office AND you have cameras in my house? (I'm on paternity leave.)

Well NR is not around as much as she used to be and we've yet to train an assistant archivist/super-searchologist to magically produce links to other older posts the way she can. You don't know how much you depend on something like that until it's not there.

Man I miss her. :(

NR = North Raider, right?

I spoke to her fairly recently. She's been having comp issues.

Well NR is not around as much as she used to be and we've yet to train an assistant archivist/super-searchologist to magically produce links to other older posts the way she can. You don't know how much you depend on something like that until it's not there.

Man I miss her. :(

NR = North Raider, right?

I spoke to her fairly recently. She's been having comp issues.

Man, we need to fix that. :/

We're missing LastMaximal too and I was afraid all our south pacific friends fell off the face of the earth.

I love that they went with the more traditional shaped hand for Sassy over sculpted claws.

Also - it's great to see so many characters coming together from one team so quickly. Any Alpha Flight characters that get made after this will just be gravy :thumbsup:

I don't like Snowbird's face either, but I think this pic is one of those Photoshop deals, and I always like the production samples much better. I'm not sure about Sasquatch either, but, again, I'm sure that will change.

Yeah, nice that they're just going ahead and giving us the team basically at once. We go from zero to ten Alpha Flight members! Like I said a few pages ago, Talisman's probably the biggest remaining omission. I wouldn't mind seeing Aurora in her yellow and white outfit, but I'm not dying for it either. Good work DST! :highfive2:

AWESOME!!!!! I would have preferred Sculpted claws on the Sasquatch but I'm just glad to see one after sooooo many years. This is so awesome to get a complete team so quickly!

AWESOME!!!!! I would have preferred Sculpted claws on the Sasquatch but I'm just glad to see one after sooooo many years. This is so awesome to get a complete team so quickly!

I don't like Snowbird's face either, but I think this pic is one of those Photoshop deals, and I always like the production samples much better. I'm not sure about Sasquatch either, but, again, I'm sure that will change.

Yeah, nice that they're just going ahead and giving us the team basically at once. We go from zero to ten Alpha Flight members! Like I said a few pages ago, Talisman's probably the biggest remaining omission. I wouldn't mind seeing Aurora in her yellow and white outfit, but I'm not dying for it either. Good work DST! :highfive2:

I'm DYING for Aurora in her yellow and white outfit!!!!!! I plan to have a custom made if it can be safely assumed she won't be made. DST has made some really obscure Marvel costumes throughout the years (Puffy sleeved Psylocke anyone?) so I'm gonna wait a while but I would LOVE to have her. The tampo on my Northstar's chest is smeared and looks like they didn't finish painting it! sadness! Outside of a few really rubbery arms on the movie Avengers I've NEVER had issues with quality on my Minimates. Oh well, I guess I'll pose Aurora flying in front of him so it's not noticable.