• Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wave 49 is Iron Man 3, I thought we already determined that? It's the only Spring release Marvel movie and falls in line with the release schedule:

Wave 47 - October 2012

Wave 48 - Feb/March 2013

Wave 49 - May/June 2013

Wave 50 - Summer 2013

Thor 2 and Wolverine will most likely be Waves 51 and 52, if Wolverine gets the LCS treatment again. I would be fine with another TRU exclusive wave ala First Class.

Edited by youbastards

Wave 49 is Iron Man 3, I thought we already determined that? It's the only Spring release Marvel movie and falls in line with the release schedule:

Wave 47 - October 2012

Wave 48 - Feb/March 2013

Wave 49 - May/June 2013

Wave 50 - Summer 2013

Thor 2 and Wolverine will most likely be Waves 51 and 52, if Wolverine gets the LCS treatment again. I would be fine with another TRU exclusive wave ala First Class.

While that seems dead on, that would make me very sad. I don't want to have to split my awesome Marvel Comics minimate waves with lame Marvel Movie minimate waves. Here's hoping they do some kind of clever split that allows, say, a comic Iron Man wave to be released concurrently with an Iron Man 3 wave.

There were some nice Comic related waves to 'accompany' some of those movies. The 616 Wolverine waves is still one of my favourites to date! (Deadpool, Sabretooth, Psylocke & Gambit).

Not to mention that we got Crimson Dynamo, Stilt Man, Mandarin & Dreadnought just after the release of IM2. AntManII, Kree Sentry, Kang & Grim Reaper arrived in the wake of Avengers. Thor & Cap A were followed by the releases of Balder the Brave, Arnim Zola, Crossbones, Beta Ray Bill & Sif.

Don't forget, we also have box-sets & TRU waves to look out for as well. I'm not always a huge fan of movie waves, but DST seem to try and push out some comic versions with each film too.

Thor 2 & Wolverine could mean some awesome 616 Characters like Warriors Three, Malekith, Hela, Silver Samurai (FRAK YEAH!), Yukio, Viper, Lord Shingen, Sunfire (well, he's japanese - they may try and shoe-horn him into a 616 Wolvie wave!).

VE VILL TAKE ZE WORLD!

You know, undeadpool, I don't think we ever properly feted you for being the winner of the Civil War. Your guy is the only one that's gotten made, right?

Has anyone mentioned that because we missed wave 15 (Movie Ghost Rider) wave 51 is actually the 50th wave of minimates?

T.

Quiet, you!

Has anyone mentioned that because we missed wave 15 (Movie Ghost Rider) wave 51 is actually the 50th wave of minimates?

T.

Since parts of the wave made it out of China or New York, I consider Wave 15 as the absolutes rarest wave. Like 1 of 1 made. Also, it has the ignoble distinction as being "Least Wanted Wave" and "Wave That Almost Killed The Line". For that reason, I consider it a valid wave AND a wave I take pride in not having. :)

It is said, any owners of any parts of Wave 15 will die a horrible death on Halloween. So there is that too...

It is said, any owners of any parts of Wave 15 will die a horrible death on Halloween. So there is that too...

:unsure:

I ,personally,couldn't ever figure how we got so many Ghost Walkers so quickly . Wave 6 brought us the first, followed by another in the 10 pack a few months later & then the best one 2 years later (Target) & then the Champions effort 3 years after that . I like the character...he is popular but that popular ???

Wave 15 was the first Minimates wave I ever pre-ordered & I wasn't disappointed when it got cancelled.....it would have bombed.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Wave 15 was the first Minimates wave I ever pre-ordered & I wasn't disappointed when it got cancelled.....it would have bombed.

The movie had Nick Cage in it. Nothing more need be said...

FIXED!

I believe youbastards was successful in reconstituting the wave from prototypes, dark magic, and body parts from dead DST employees?... :teehee:

LOL, parts of it anyway. I'm still missing 3 1/2 of the 'mates. Buttheadsmate isn't too far behind at this point.

Here's the line up of that wave, callsign_morlock

DC71882Alg.jpg

Edited by youbastards