• Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach, if I gave the impression I was mad I'm sorry. I'm not mad. The tone I wanted to express didn't come across properly in the posting. I know why all the retreads of the big guns get made. The Junior Varsity heroes are constantly warming pegs in my area TRU and others I visit. I see the Heralds of Galactus sets jamming pegs from Kentucky to Times Square. Besides, I spoke too soon about "Spider-sense" Spidey, he has web pits he is currently my favorite of the eight I have(seriously). And yes, I would buy a Maximum Clonage set full of spider-men because I do have that luxury. I have been casually collecting the little guys since the Marvel Zombies set(you never know what is going to catch someones eye)then ghostbusters then marvel because some of the sets were on clearance at TRU last year and I got hooked.

Look, I buy most of the minimates that come out. I was just expressing my dismay at having acquired so many of the heavy hitters in such a short amount of time. Ten Spidey, 14 Iron men, 10 caps and 12 Thors 4 different Psylockes. No one made me buy them i'm not upset, its just I didn't by the sets containing them for those characters and I found it funny one of the characters from the poll couldn't have been squeezed into one of those sets. You yourself recently said the avengers guys had to take a back seat for a little.

Bottom line: You make the guys. I'll buy them. The poll is great, but just because the fans get something doesn't mean we should back off our other demands.

Besides you yank our chains all the time, it's hard to tell when you're being straight forward or playful. I find it hard to believe your posts aren't carefully calculated to do just that. I'm just yanking back a little.

"New" Star Wars has gone 17 years now, but it's suffered from sub-branding ADD (e.g. "Power of the Jedi," "The Vintage Collection," etc.). Marvel Mini-Mates has the longest running consistently-numbered wave count.

What hasbro line might that be, good sir?

The modern Star Wars line has been going non-stop since 1995.

They also produced Batman figures from 1990 to 2001, though in a variety of inconsistent styles.

Their GI Joe brand has been around since 1964 making 12" figures until 1976. The 3 3/4" Real American Hero figures took off in 1982 and went on hiatus in 1994.

Marvel Mini-Mates has the longest running consistently-numbered wave count.

That's a pretty big qualifier though, since "wave counts" are something some lines may use and others may not, though functioning essentially as a single continuous line over many waves (like GI Joe in its 80s/90s run). I don't think it says which wave it is on a figure's packaging anyway, so it may just be a means of organizing things from a sales/distribution standpoint as much as anything else.

They also produced Batman figures from 1990 to 2001, though in a variety of inconsistent styles.

Their GI Joe brand has been around since 1964 making 12" figures until 1976. The 3 3/4" Real American Hero figures took off in 1982 and went on hiatus in 1994.

Kenner/Mattel for Batman

Each of those lines has changed line names and styles several times during their runs. I think the idea is that Marvel Minimates has remained the same since the beginning.

What I don't understand about the hate against the A-listers in the poll is that even though they're all characters that have been done before, they are all drastically different than any versions we've seen before. It's not like we were offered standard version of previously done figures.

What I don't understand about the hate against the A-listers in the poll is that even though they're all characters that have been done before, they are all drastically different than any versions we've seen before. It's not like we were offered standard version of previously done figures.

I'm not arguing for the sake of it but I don't see hatred I see apathy towards the A-listers ,many of us ....& it is an us..... are cynical enough to believe that any A-lister in any form will eventually happen . It is a good list & I'm not against the A -list choices but yep my feeling for them is apathy .

Regards 'standard version of previously done figure' I have to stand my ground & say that Ketchup Ghost Walker looks very much to me like any other Ghost Walker ......& yet the poll appears to indicate otherwise .....amazing! Give that guy a bike & I'll vote for him.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Each of those lines has changed line names and styles several times during their runs. I think the idea is that Marvel Minimates has remained the same since the beginning.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the same." ;)

By the way, when we're talking about Series 50, does that still include the unproduced Ghost Rider Series 15? That offering should be a lesson for anyone who insists "that Minimate is a lock."

Proposal for DST:

The local polls for wave 50 indicate that we will get Blue Ghost Rider but in the event that we don't might I suggest Wave 51 is a Ghost Rider wave (play on the unreleased wave 15). Call it "Wave 51 (15)".

Fill the wave out with eye catching ghost rider themed options paired with A-listers who shared a cover with or had a team up with Gost Rider.

Proposal for DST:

The local polls for wave 50 indicate that we will get Blue Ghost Rider but in the event that we don't might I suggest Wave 51 is a Ghost Rider wave (play on the unreleased wave 15). Call it "Wave 51 (15)".

Fill the wave out with eye catching ghost rider themed options paired with A-listers who shared a cover with or had a team up with Gost Rider.

I proposed that in an ask DST back in December(I think,it certainly was either October or December) Zach said that there were some legal issues with gr(his creator wanted to get his rights from marvel) so they couldn't make any new gr mates. If we support these two figures,Danny and vengeance(that's why I voted for him) we may see more gr centric mates.

Regardless of how Ghost Rider does, we are looking int making more FrOGRs. (Friends of Ghost Rider.)

Ghost Rider and Spider-Man were in the Fantastic Four together! You should make a box set of them, Wolverine, and Mr.Fixit in their FF Uniforms (FF Iron from that other version of All New Fantastic Four could be at TRU since TRU LOVES random Iron Man armors, ask Hasbro!)

and while they were in the Fantastic Four together they’d go grocery shopping together (citation needed) so be sure to include a grocery bag with that four pack!!