• Dire Wraiths
    • HAMMER Agents
    • Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)
    • Mandroids
    • Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

Not sure if I posted it here or at MMHQ or on FB or Fwoosh, but the remaining polls are 90-95% new characters. If I'd know the bile that would spill, I would have started with a different poll.

Polls 2, 3, and 4 should be at least 90% new characters total since everything I read must be taken 100% literally. :P So where do we stand?

Poll 2: 5 of 8 new characters as Bucky, Captain America, and Luke Cage are already in Minimates form. But since Winter Soldier is so different from Bucky, I'll count him as new. 6 of 8 new. This equals 75%.

Poll 3: Another 6 of 8 as Apoc and Abom have been done. This equals 75%.

So what does this mean? This means poll 4 will need to have more than nine and a half new characters to vote on to make Zach's statement true. However, if we count Cmdr Rogers as a new character as Zach has argued before, then we need more than eight and a half new characters in poll 4. Since the poll is limited to eight options, then we must conclude Zach is either a psychopath liar or he was speaking approximately when he said 90-95%. As I noticed a lack of Toad in poll 3, I am forced to conclude Zach is a psychopath.

Unless Toad is coming out before Wave 50. Then I'll know he isn't a psychopath. Balls in your court, DST!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do so many people think Zemo is a certainty? I wish I had the same optimism. If Winter Soldier, who's been a major focus of Cap books and Marvel books as a whole and now stars in his own book hasn't been in their plans I don't see why a villain with less mainstream exposure would be a sure thing.

I'd wager the main reason he's in the poll is due to our most wanted poll and the campaign to get him made he's had here. I'm not trying to tag anybody, but the only villains I'd argue are ever a sure thing are Spider-Man villains and the few who make it into movies. Everyone else has the same uphill battle.

Presumably because he's such a high-profile character, but I agree with you that no one should think "oh, we'll get him eventually". It's been fifty waves, and if a guy hasn't been made yet, there's no reason to think he'll definitely made. If you want him more then, say, Mojo, don't vote for Mojo. The only way you can guarantee getting the guy you want is if he wins the vote, so vote for 'em.

Zemo and wrecker for me.

Someone needs to help me understand why a 5th version of Ghost Rider is getting so many votes.. Not trying to be a jerk.. Just seriously curious... I thought we already had a blue costumed version of the character. I'm really starting to think Falcon is far from solid.. Especially with the focus moving away from Avengers for a while.

I'm encouraged by the possibility of a Brotherhood set, what would the group hope be for one? Mine would be Pyro, Avalanche, Blob and Toad.
This would be great. Or sub Mystique in for Avalanche, and I'd be fine with that, too, if it raised the set's profile a hair.

I feel like a box set is the *only* way we'd ever see a Desinty minimate - So i would be keen to see her make one of the slots and maybe make Pyro & Avalanche a TRU 2-Pack.

How about two sets? You could have a Mystique, Destiny, Pyro, Avalanche set for the Fall of the Mutants era, then the 90s Brotherhood with Toad, Phantasia, Blob, and Sauron! Oh wait, I think I might be the only person who would buy both of those.....

I'd buy these too. In multiple if need be.

CRAP! One of the other Crew members could be the variant. I need to take back my vote.

I'm REALLY Surprised that we aren't seeing more votes for Wrecker. I feel like we've heard so much noise about the Wrecking Crew & yet now that he's on the table, no love?

IMHO This is your chance Crew-Fans. DST have shown a pretty big commitment to completing started teams, Yeah - i know we have plenty of unfinished teams too, but i think you guys have a better chance of getting the rest of the WC if Wrecker makes it into this wave.

Having said that, I voted for Mojo & Onslaught. I almost went Zemo - there is something about a toy that features Purple with Pink highlights & fur trim that screams 'Toyetic' & 'Total Bad-@ss'. . . I'd be equally happy if he won over Onslaught.

AND ANOTHER JOINS THE RANKS OF THE MOJONSLAUGHT ARMY!

Here, all this time, I thought that my X-Men minimates WERE representing the X-babies!

Haha - for a while, I had my superhero squad X-Men with Marvel Legends Mojo & Spiral :)

This... this is brilliant! Now I wanna track down some SHS figs for my Mojo and Spiral!

Okay, I'm officially out of my depth when it comes to Marvel characters. I'm a DC lad and it's definitely showing when I only recognize two of the villains on the ballot. Random thoughts:

• While I THOUGHT I was familiar with a Marvel character named "Mojo," this ain't it.

• Onslaught would be a cool looking 'mate and the thought of a Xavier/Magneto spawn is threatening enough. Problem is I've never been a huge fan of the X-Men.

There are three Mojos that I'm aware of. There's this guy, Mojo II, and Ultimate Mojo. If you're talking about a short fat man in a suit, that's Ultimate Mojo. If you're talking about a tall thin yellowskinned dude, that's Mojo II, who usurped Mojo for a while as ruler of the Mojoverse. However, if you want the leader of the spineless ones, the original entrepreneur of reality TV, the master of Spiral and creator of Longshot, and the one true undisputed king of creepy, then THIS is the mate for you.

As for Onslaught, it's just too cool and dynamic of a look for me to not want.

To be clear, we can get one or two from this category, right? We get two from A-listers, 2 from one the other 2 categories and 1 from the other, the army builders and DST picks a variant? So, basically,

A-list

A-list

Support

Villain

Support/Villain

Army

Army

Variant

So, in actuality, we have a chance at 3 Villains or 3 Support characters. IF Zemo actually gets it, would anyone be okay with Von Strucker as the variant?? Or would we want another Zemo like the aviator jacket or modern? (Ignoring the inevitable classic Falcon)

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I doubt it, because Zach said choices on the poll won't be the variant.

However, with Cap II coming soon, I have strong hopes of seeing Falcon and a Red Skull/Strucker variant in the comic wave. Something like:

Commander Rogers/Falcon

90's Black Widow/Winter Soldier

Hydra Dreadnaught/Red Skull

Hydra Dreadnaught/Strucker

That would clean up a LOT of the slack from this poll. And it'd only be 2 years out.

I voted for mojo and onslaught from my pc and for vengeance and apocalypse from my iPhone. Zemo and Von strucker are going to happen either way,if not now then next year or in 2014 with cap 2. Abomination is a fairly easy mate. Bulked up hulk with some extra sculpting. I want the wrecking crew but not 1/4 of it. I voted for onslaught and mojo for the unique parts,apocalypse because he kinda needs a bulked up update and vengeance because Zach said that there were some legal issues with ghost rider so we got no mates. Now that these are over if gr's characters do well then we may see more gr mates and more horror characters like morbius,man thing,midnight sons.

even though i voted for Onslaught and Mojo, i am also surprised at how many people are NOT voting for Wrecker. this attitude of 'i want them all so i'm not voting for just Wrecker' is ridiculous. i'd buy a box set of the Wrecking Crew, but i'm not a huge Wrecking Crew fan. considering all the fuss that's been made about them, if you want the WC, you should vote for Wrecker now, not for Apocalypse because he 'kind of needs an update.' i agree ol Poccy Lips could stand to be beefed up, but i could wait onit. i grew up only reading X-Men and have only followed Avengers since Disassembled (and have pretty much dropped them over the last few months) so i'm not familiar with any of the other bad guys, that's why i voted for who i WANTED.

So far this has actually been the hardest decision to make.

Abomination/Apocalypse: While both characters could use an update and I don't yet have an Apocalypse both are such big names that eventually they're both likely to be made anyway.

Baron Strucker: About as interesting as generic leaders at the head of generic army builder's can be. I'm just glad it wasn't Viper because that would have made my choice that much harder to make.

Wrecker: Sorry but I find all of the Wrecking crew to be bland and uninteresting so I'm in likely in a minority of one as to whether they ever get released.

Mojo: While I wouldn't mind him in a box set with Spiral he just isn't up to snuff to be released on his own.

Vengeance: I like the character but without a bike it'd be like getting MODOK without a chair.

Onslaught: Another X-Villain that I don't much care for but I do like the character's look just enough to edge out Vengeance.

Baron Zemo: Got my vote for only two reasons he'll make great custom parts and for the slim chance of getting a Citizen V variant so that I can begin building an Original Thunderbolts team.

Isn't voting for four just diluting your votes?

Not really, it bumps the vote counts of all four he likes, making the villain slot likelier to go to a character he wants. If he only liked two he could have double voted for them to the same end.

Edited by battlecat

As I speculated earlier, I voted for Mojo and Onslaught. I'd love an update on Abomination or Apocalypse, but I couldn't vote for re-dos. (As I said earlier though, I'm assuming Apocalypse and Abomination will steal a heavy amount of the casual vote so... I'm not that worried about not supporting them)...

Everyone else is of less importance to me as an X-Men fan, lol...

Addressing a couple things I've seen others say...

I got into X-Men in the 90s... but I still want both villains. I'm a fan of X-Men in all eras... just because I came in with the Jim Lee team doesn't mean I haven't gone back and learned some history. Plus Mojo just feels necessary to me... with Longshot and Dazzler coming.

How the hell will Zemo make good custom parts? He's a dude in skin tight bodysuit and a faceless skin tight mask. If anyone was every gonna be a basic mate without much tooling, it's him. Maybe a little piece for his shoulder fuzzies, or his tiara, but that seems about it. If that.

Someone said Zemo and Von Strucker are inevitable anyway... Zemo maybe, I could see him coming eventually... but Von Strucker? Are you KIDDING me!? That guy is far from inevitable. I've been reading Marvel since I was 10 and only barely have a passing knowledge of him. Never seen him appear in a book once. The only way he made it to Marvel Legends was as a variant for Red Skull. I'd say he's the least likely character to ever be made on THIS short list of villains. His generic army of drones has more notoriety than he does.

I seriously have this sinking feeling that Abomination or Apocalypse is gonna win this poll due to casual votes. I wouldn't be upset with either, but I'd much rather one of the new villains. I only hope that if they're the top two villains... Zach has the good sense to choose our extra character from the support poll, lol.

It sucks knowing that none of these are in production when you want a majority of them, lol. I can only hope Diamond makes an effort to take the guys who don't win and work them into future lineups. Instead of discarding the losers forever.

PS. The lack of any Brotherhood presence in this vote still makes me optimistically hope that they're going to be the TRU poll.

PS2. Pyro, Blob, Avalanche & Toad, to answer the earlier question of picks. I'd love Sauron, but he can wait. I'd take Destiny, but frankly I don't need her. She can be a TRU exclusive with a Mystique update. (Two girls packed together? YEAH RIGHT! That'll happen... lol...) Frankly I'd love any X-Men Villains, but Blob, Pyro, Avalanche and Toad are the ones I clamor for.

Wrecker and Zemo for me,

Abom needs a bulky update but I really want a Wrecker.

Apoc, I'm happy with the one released so its a pass.

it was a toss up between Strucker and Zemo but I think Zemo is a cooler looking character.

Onslaught, Mojo and Vengence I dont really like Mojo as a charcter or Onslaught so they where easy to pass and I dont know much about Vengence he just looks like a bulky GR so I can pass on that.

I'm just gonna point out... say what you will or won't about whether you do or don't care about Mojo as a character...

But you have to admit he'd make for a hell of an interesting looking minimate. I'm just curious to see how that would be realized, lol.

I presume like MODOK he would have standard minimate arms... but as for the rest of him, I'm really not sure...

Would he even have a head? lol...

Most pubs I go in stock beer,cider,whisky,lager,soda-pop,water,vodka & wine......I like them all but I prefer beer or lager.

If I went into a pub & the 'tender asked what I'd like & which would I'd prefer I wouldn't be thinking "They'll have beer & lager tomorrow so I'll have a 'whisky & water' thanks " .

I want Zemo & Strucker ,they're offered, I'll take them please.....sod this tactical schmactical voting nonsense let's get them on the table whilst the chance is there .