• Dire Wraiths
    • HAMMER Agents
    • Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)
    • Mandroids
    • Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

I'm just gonna point out... say what you will or won't about whether you do or don't care about Mojo as a character...

But you have to admit he'd make for a hell of an interesting looking minimate. I'm just curious to see how that would be realized, lol.

I presume like MODOK he would have standard minimate arms... but as for the rest of him, I'm really not sure...

Would he even have a head? lol...

I'm imagining a standard head, arms and upper torso on a sculpted base, like the Halo Prophets. Torso has a "fat" chest cap like W:O Blob, hairpiece is heavily sculpted to add some mass on the sides and back (maybe dreadlock-like wires similar to Atlantean Guard's hair), and gangly claw hands like GB Theater Ghost.

Awesome. I seriously hope he makes the cut.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are three Mojos that I'm aware of. There's this guy, Mojo II, and Ultimate Mojo. If you're talking about a short fat man in a suit, that's Ultimate Mojo. If you're talking about a tall thin yellowskinned dude, that's Mojo II, who usurped Mojo for a while as ruler of the Mojoverse. However, if you want the leader of the spineless ones, the original entrepreneur of reality TV, the master of Spiral and creator of Longshot, and the one true undisputed king of creepy, then THIS is the mate for you.

The Mojo I was referring to was the white guy in the blue and yellow costume. Evidently Marvel recropped the image later in the day to reveal a Mojo with whom I'm more familiar. He'll be getting one of my votes. That's a 'mate I'd like to see DST tackle.

Now I just need to decide on another...

even though i voted for Onslaught and Mojo, i am also surprised at how many people are NOT voting for Wrecker. this attitude of 'i want them all so i'm not voting for just Wrecker' is ridiculous. i'd buy a box set of the Wrecking Crew, but i'm not a huge Wrecking Crew fan. considering all the fuss that's been made about them, if you want the WC, you should vote for Wrecker now, not for Apocalypse because he 'kind of needs an update.' i agree ol Poccy Lips could stand to be beefed up, but i could wait onit. i grew up only reading X-Men and have only followed Avengers since Disassembled (and have pretty much dropped them over the last few months) so i'm not familiar with any of the other bad guys, that's why i voted for who i WANTED.

Huh... This is basicallly my reading history, too. Crazy.

I started the X-Family with the Jim Lee relaunch, reading all four main books. I've read nearly every X-book since. Avengers I started with Lionhearted of Avalon (just prior to Disassembled) and have read since, though lately I'm losing steam with them.

Most pubs I go in stock beer,cider,whisky,lager,soda-pop,water,vodka & wine......I like them all but I prefer beer or lager.

If I went into a pub & the 'tender asked what I'd like & which would I'd prefer I wouldn't be thinking "They'll have beer & lager tomorrow so I'll have a 'whisky & water' thanks " .

I want Zemo & Strucker ,they're offered, I'll take them please.....sod this tactical schmactical voting nonsense let's get them on the table whilst the chance is there .

Your analogy is terrible, because they'd have whiskey and water tomorrow, as well.

I used to go this one restaurant with Daily Specials. Friday, they always offered Prime Rib. They also had a great fish and chips. If I went any other day of the week, I'd get Fish and Chips, but if I went on a Friday, I'd get Prime Rib. Why? Because the next time I went it might not be Friday so Prime Rib might not be an option.

The argument people are making is that of a handful of characters they like, they can only choose two, so they're choosing the two they feel they're least likely to get else wise.

I'm just gonna point out... say what you will or won't about whether you do or don't care about Mojo as a character...

But you have to admit he'd make for a hell of an interesting looking minimate. I'm just curious to see how that would be realized, lol.

I presume like MODOK he would have standard minimate arms... but as for the rest of him, I'm really not sure...

Would he even have a head? lol...

I'm imagining a standard head, arms and upper torso on a sculpted base, like the Halo Prophets. Torso has a "fat" chest cap like W:O Blob, hairpiece is heavily sculpted to add some mass on the sides and back (maybe dreadlock-like wires similar to Atlantean Guard's hair), and gangly claw hands like GB Theater Ghost.

Awesome. I seriously hope he makes the cut.

1) sculpted base, yes, but I'm wondering.... Moveable spider legs that clip on like arms maybe?

2) I'd guess he'd have a Kinpin-esque upper body and a Juggernaut-like headpiece with the wires hanging down like hair

3) would he even have the tail? Hope so!

There are three Mojos that I'm aware of. There's this guy, Mojo II, and Ultimate Mojo. If you're talking about a short fat man in a suit, that's Ultimate Mojo. If you're talking about a tall thin yellowskinned dude, that's Mojo II, who usurped Mojo for a while as ruler of the Mojoverse. However, if you want the leader of the spineless ones, the original entrepreneur of reality TV, the master of Spiral and creator of Longshot, and the one true undisputed king of creepy, then THIS is the mate for you.

The Mojo I was referring to was the white guy in the blue and yellow costume. Evidently Marvel recropped the image later in the day to reveal a Mojo with whom I'm more familiar. He'll be getting one of my votes. That's a 'mate I'd like to see DST tackle.

You're confused with Longshot....the guy he is holding, he will be released with Wave 47.

I have no idea who that is... What did he do? Good guy? Bad guy? Powers?

Most pubs I go in stock beer,cider,whisky,lager,soda-pop,water,vodka & wine......I like them all but I prefer beer or lager.

If I went into a pub & the 'tender asked what I'd like & which would I'd prefer I wouldn't be thinking "They'll have beer & lager tomorrow so I'll have a 'whisky & water' thanks " .

I want Zemo & Strucker ,they're offered, I'll take them please.....sod this tactical schmactical voting nonsense let's get them on the table whilst the chance is there .

Your analogy is terrible, because they'd have whiskey and water tomorrow, as well.

I used to go this one restaurant with Daily Specials. Friday, they always offered Prime Rib. They also had a great fish and chips. If I went any other day of the week, I'd get Fish and Chips, but if I went on a Friday, I'd get Prime Rib. Why? Because the next time I went it might not be Friday so Prime Rib might not be an option.

The argument people are making is that of a handful of characters they like, they can only choose two, so they're choosing the two they feel they're least likely to get else wise.

It's not terrible by any means. It makes a lot of sense to actually vote for the ones you want the most. Zach has confirmed that EVERYTHING in these polls is not otherwise on the table. Some of us are voting for the ones we want the most, not the ones we're guessing are otherwise least likely to be made or might bring some others. We're 50 waves and 10 years in, and this poll is letting us know that guys like Zemo, Falcon, and Winter soldier are still not in the plans. Some people are HOPING otherwise, but the presence of a character in this poll suggests otherwise. So please, don't tell someone that picking his top picks is ridiculous or terrible: it's the purpose of the poll.

Mojo ...IMO he's your poor man's Jabba in appearance although he's more humanoid than sluglike ,he has a mechanical means of transportation & is the evil monarch of a universe known as the Mojoverse where everything revolves around TV shows. He rules over the spineless ones.

His real name is Simon Cowell & he appeared with X-Factor many many times.

When's Miry coming back? :unsure:

Yeah but they might not have any beer & lager left.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Evidently Marvel recropped the image later in the day to reveal a Mojo with whom I'm more familiar. He'll be getting one of my votes. That's a 'mate I'd like to see DST tackle.

Ugh, that crop is even worse. It looks like Mojo is getting set to give Longshot the prostate exam of his life.

It's not terrible by any means. It makes a lot of sense to actually vote for the ones you want the most. Zach has confirmed that EVERYTHING in these polls is not otherwise on the table. Some of us are voting for the ones we want the most, not the ones we're guessing are otherwise least likely to be made or might bring some others. We're 50 waves and 10 years in, and this poll is letting us know that guys like Zemo, Falcon, and Winter soldier are still not in the plans. Some people are HOPING otherwise, but the presence of a character in this poll suggests otherwise. So please, don't tell someone that picking his top picks is ridiculous or terrible: it's the purpose of the poll.

That's a really good point. I think these guys will eventually be made... in another 10 or 15 years. Do you really want to wait that long? Will Minimates even still be around? We will we be here? My gut instinct to all three questions says "no."

That's why I vote for who I want. Not who everyone else likes the least.

Ugh, that crop is even worse. It looks like Mojo is getting set to give Longshot the prostate exam of his life.

Really. I find it hard to believe that MARVEL doesn't have a better picture of JUST MOJO. Seeing Longshot in that initial pic and NO Mojo was what led to my confusion.

I don't like the Ketch GR. Blaze will always be the Spirit of Vengeance to me.

Except he wasn't.

The whole "Spirit of Vengeance" shtick started with Ketch as a way to differentiate his Rider from Zarathos. Zarathos was an evil demon barely held in check by Blaze originally, and much of his "heroism" was accidental or motivated of annoyance/pride. "Innocent blood", the multi-purpose chain, the Penance Stare, even the black leather jacket all started with Ketch's Ghost Rider. Zarathos even talks and acts more like "Nobel Kale"(the Ghost that possessed Danny) than himself. Or at least he did.

Now ol' Z has been almost completely submerged by his newest female host. Just goes to show a guy can start out all bad and rebellious, then he mellows a bit as he gets older, but next thing you know some woman is completely bossing him around. Sad.

I'm not sure I'm understanding you. I know Blaze was overcome by Zarathos making him GR. In fact, ridding himself of Zarathos is what originally ended his comic run. However, he was still GR and was a boderline hero (much like Wolverine and Hulk) that plays by his own rules (mostly to stick it to Mephisto). Blaze is the original GR IMO. I know all about the Rex Fury GR and never followed it. Blaze is my GR. (BTW Miry, kudos for your detailed knowledge of a character many consider a B-lister, but I consider an A-lister)

I read the Ketch GR up until about issue 40 something. I got bored with it.

All that said, I just hope (as always) we get some new characters. I already know Spiderman and Wolverine sell (hell, I buy them), but lets keep expanding the universe this line covers.

never EVER ASSUME someone will get made eventually.

we are approaching 10 years. 50 waves. for all we know this line is circling the bowl. if you want someone the fucking vote for them. never assume. -Falcon.

What evidence is there that this line might be "circling the bowl"?? NONE! This line is going STRONG! We will continue to get mates for AT LEAST the next 2 years! Supporting characters have a better than average chance of being made when the main characters movie is being released. The next 2 years will bring us a Thor and Captain America sequel. I'm confident we'll see more of their supporting cast, along with more X-Men, Spiderman and Avengers cast in the meantime.

I don't care what anyone else's "strategy" is: I'm sticking to mine: When I want more than 2 in a poll, I vote for the ones hardest to customize with the most unique parts. These have the hardest chances of getting made due to the tooling involved. I want Mojo, I voted for Mojo, and he fits the criteria I listed. I also vote for what I want, and use *my* strategy for when I can't decide.

Voting for Winter Soldier, Wrecker, etc is like voting for KANG: DST KNOWS we want them, it WILL happen eventually!

That said, I want *everything* from these polls (except that crappy Wolverine, but I would take him if I got everything else).

Modern Falcon? No thanks - I want Classic Falcon.

And for everyone else who wants to whine about DST not knowing that we still want characters like Wrecker *just because* we vote for someone else? GET REAL! They have just as much ability to read these boards as we do! (and they DO).

And if I wanted to wait for Winter Soldier as long as we waited for Kang, I'd agree with you. I'd rather skip the several year interval and get him now. We've been waiting for Songbird for a couple years already, it's been long enough.

we are approaching 10 years. 50 waves. for all we know this line is circling the bowl. if you want someone the fucking vote for them. never assume. -Falcon.

What evidence is there that this line might be "circling the bowl"?? NONE! This line is going STRONG! We will continue to get mates for AT LEAST the next 2 years! Supporting characters have a better than average chance of being made when the main characters movie is being released. The next 2 years will bring us a Thor and Captain America sequel. I'm confident we'll see more of their supporting cast, along with more X-Men, Spiderman and Avengers cast in the meantime.

Voting for Winter Soldier, Wrecker, etc is like voting for KANG: DST KNOWS we want them, it WILL happen eventually!

No. You weren't here in 2006, Monkey Crumb. You didn't live through the dark times like some of us did. I will never assume Minimates are doing so good that they "Can't die." I've watched beloved toy lines be canceled, I've seen my all time favorite shows cut down in their prime. And I've watched my #1 collection be pushed right to the brink, and somehow, perhaps only by divine grace, come back to be what it is today. Marvel could literally pull the plug at any moment and that would be the end. Remember how ToyBiz lost their rights to Hasbro? And no one saw it coming?

You assume whatever you want. But for me, Minimates is always 1 wave away from being finished forever.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

And if I wanted to wait for Winter Soldier as long as we waited for Kang, I'd agree with you. I'd rather skip the several year interval and get him now. We've been waiting for Songbird for a couple years already, it's been long enough.

I voted for Songbird. She's nowhere near as popular or requested as Winter Soldier. I feel this poll MAY be her only chance. I'm not wasting a vote on Winter Soldier - he's coming eventually - count on it!

This line could cease at any time. We all hope a certain character gets made, but to think that they are a definite is to be an inexperienced Minimate collector. Thats really the bottom line.

The only definites in the Marvel Minimates world is that we will get more versions of Wolverine and Spiderman. Anything else is a toss-up.

No. You weren't here in 2006, Monkey Crumb. You didn't live through the dark times like some of us did. I will never assume Minimates are doing so good that they "Can't die." I've watched beloved toy lines be canceled, I've seen my all time favorite shows cut down in their prime. And I've watched my #1 collection be pushed right to the brink, and somehow, perhaps only by divine grace, come back to be what it is today. Marvel could literally pull the plug at any moment and that would be the end. Remember how ToyBiz lost their rights to Hasbro? And no one saw it coming?

You assume whatever you want. But for me, Minimates is always 1 wave away from being finished forever.

Yes, I WAS here during 2006. I was just a lurker. I've been collecting since wave 1. I was there for the "dark times". This AINT IT. But then, you're the expert on everything including me, aren't you? You're such a genius that you pull the words "cant die" from the statement I made that minimates will be around for at least the next 2 years. I never said they "can't die". You can assume whatever you want, but don't attribute quotes to me that I never said. Try comprehending what you read before you post next time. Oh, and Marvel can't just "literally pull the plug at any moment", that's not how contracts work. Toy biz was *bought out* by Hasbro, they didn't lose anything to them. Your post is so full of inaccuracies it boggles the mind! Thank you for demonstrating so clearly that you have no idea what you are talking about!

Yeah, Minimates were bleeding out pretty bad back then. At the time, though, the line didn't seem all that strong to begin with. Around wave 10 on we started seeing lots of parts reuse, TRU stopped carrying them, and (ironically) there was a lack of focus on big selling characters that would get new buyers interested. The Marvel line just seemed to be drifitng, and there wasn't any growth in other properties that would make Minimates anything more than a fleeting novelty rather than a legitimate toy platform.

DST obviously have a much more aggressive growth plan in place now, with new licenses every year, a fairly well-thought-out scheme for milking a given license as long as possible, but not continuing if it's losing money, and, of course, selling through TRU, which is probably the biggest boon to the franchise as anything. We've seen/heard of plans for waves through at the very least early next year – compare that to the "dark times" when we went a whole year without hearing a peep, then that awful Toyfair when all they showed was that punt of an X-men wave. So, it feels like a reasonably safe bet that Minimates are looking good in the near to medium term future. If you're looking at it from the perspective of "they could pull the plug tomorrow," it's silly to even think about voting on a wave we won't see for at least a year.

No doubt, toylines can die at the drop of a hat, but Minimates at this point seem to be as stable as a toyline can be.

You're the expert on everything, aren't you? You're such a genius.

See guys? This is why I love coming here. I'm appreciated for my true talents. :biggrin:

Lobster, I completely agree with your that "Minimates at this point seem to be as stable as a toyline can be." My only point was stability does not equal immortality, and that no figure is ever guaranteed to come "eventually." That's all.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I agree, the line seems very strong and likely is. But that's not the point. The point is that it's not wise not to vote for characters you want because they'll "definitely get made eventually." I have seen in Chuck's Q+A's in the past where he shot down Winter Soldier, Baron Zemo, the Wrecking Crew specifically, assuming they'll certainly be made is to ignore what they have said specifically before. I am astonished Winter Soldier hadn't been made yet because it defies logic to me, but he apparently wasn't even in their plans. So to assume someone will certainly be made is erroneous, because EVERYONE in these polls wasn't in the works.

My interpretation of the "such and such character will get made eventually" is this:

You certainly can't say any character* is a lock – both because of the generally impermanent nature of toylines, and because we can assume with reasonable confidence that anywhere from a third to half of the indeterminate number of future Marvel characters to be made will be some variation of... ahem... you know**, which limits the number of opportunities to make other characters like the ones in this poll.

However, based on such reasonably confident assumptions, we can also posit that certain characters are more likely than others to be associated with those tentpoles we know we will see, and may increase the chances of seeing those characters made: e.g., Falcon is to Cap as Songbird is to... nobody, really. All other factors equal, this would seem to weight Falcon slightly more than Songbird as a likely candidate for production at some point. So, a vote for Songbird is an effort to add a bit more weight (though, for an utterly obscure character like her, I would argue, not nearly as much as Falcon's association with Cap) to her odds, where a vote for Falcon is a more certain statement that, yes, we absolutely, positively want Falcon before, and potentially to the detriment of, Songbird.

It's really just playing the odds rather than playing it safe. But if you don't feel like gambling, then certainly vote as if this wave is your last. :lol:

* Aside from Spidey, Wolvie, IM, Cap, or Thor

** see above