• Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides, having Madrox would really solidify chances of Guido & X-Factor. :)

Actually, I'd think the fact that they used this costume (as opposed to his 90's trenchcoat costume) would imply they're not planning to do X-Factor... :unsure:

I think it shows they could do x-factor, since these are all picks NOT on their radar, a trecnhcoated 90's Madrox fits the 90's X-factor that many of us are longing for and since it is not the look in the poll gives me hope!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Yeah, that would be some fast turn around on designs.

Actually, I'd think the fact that they used this costume (as opposed to his 90's trenchcoat costume) would imply they're not planning to do X-Factor... :unsure:

No, no, no. The fact that they've gone with classic Madrox here instead of 90's X-Factor Madrox means they clearly are planning a 90's X-Factor wave and thus 90's X-Factor Madrox was excluded from the poll. Or so I'll be telling myself every night before bed.

SWEET ENOLA GAY!

I had to go Madrox and Cuckoos, because they are the only two I'd personally army build and display. War wolves would make it into my shelf, and maybe so would Mandroids (there COULD be a female SHIELD body underneath) but Mindless Ones, Dire Wraiths, HAMMER Agents, and Nova Centurions would all be naught but parts fodder for me.

Moloids would be great, though I'd say they're one of the few high profile army builders left to make so I don't know if they really need the poll, I'd expect them to show up anyway whenever we get another FF wave, or sooner. Now give me some Warwolves to vote for and I'll get excited.

You excited?

No-Brainer for me. Cuckoos and Multiple Man. Been my top two army-builder wants for a while. In that order.

My only dilemma is that I'd rather have the Cuckoos... but I think Multiple Man will sway more votes... so I worry that I might be hurting my own vote here. BUT... they were the two I wanted. And the reasons to pick the two I want have already been pointed out to death in this thread... so I picked them. lol...

Also...

In B4 some folks complain that it's Classic Green Multiple Man and not 90s Blue Multiple Man.

I'm cool either way, I just want a non-modern version w/ the cowl on his head. lol...

Solidarity brother!

Well, several of those I'm not familiar with. I'm old school... So I went with Madrox and Warwolves. My Excalibur team really needs Warwolves to harass them.

Dire Wraiths without ROM - no thanks.

THIS Madrox would have no impact on X-Factor getting made, however Jeff makes a great point... They specifically DIDN'T go with the most clamored after design for the character, which implies to me they could be holding him aside for a planned or considered future wave where the team uniform would make a great deal of sense.

Classic Maddrox and Mandroids for me. What happened to the Moloids? Hmmm....

And another question: If there's only one army builder issued per wave (I'm assuming the same holds true for wave 50), why would Marvel.com ask us for 2 choices in the army builder category?

Didn't think to ask them to change it. Specified one will be chosen, but forgot to say "pick one." BUT this will more accurately reflect the top two or three vote-getters.

That version of Madrox represents the costume he used to control his powers for many years, and technically he could be considered a supplement to Wave 47 as this was what he wore on Muir Island while the X-Men were in Australia. The Madrox we got, while very cool, wasn't a costumed version.

oh man, Oh Man, OH MAN!

Really? Come ON! This might actually be the hardest choice yet.

I'm really torn between WarWovles, Cuckoos, Madroxs or Mandroids.

WarWolves & Cuckoos are two that i really want to help flesh out the X supporting cast, but i'm a huge fan of Madrox as a character. But i think i have to vote for Mandroids - they would be an astounding figure. But to whom should my second vote go?

I figure the Cuckoos are probably the easiest QC. And i'd rather see a new character than a re-issue... so Mandroids & WarWolves it is.

Whoa, this ended up being a more difficult choice than I was originally anticipating. The Nova Corps came out of nowhere and got one of my votes right off the bat. The other choice, I spent some time considering, even though there's obviously only going to be one of these choices in the wave.

I was really torn between the Stepford Cuckoos and the Mindless Ones as the former seems like it should have already happened and the latter isn't likely to register again anytime soon. Zach, you also put in the one version of Multiple Man that would give me pause in considering it, as it sort of ends up being all by its lonesome as far as theming is concerned; it doesn't hurt that I just like the Madrox character in general. I'd love the Dire Wraiths too but the lack of Rom in any form, from TPB reprints to a ML, makes them a little less alluring on top of how a Cosmic choice was already in play. HAMMER Agents are a fun and unexpected choice too while the Warwolves are so surprising it's hard not to vote for them.

Excellent choices all around as I was expecting to just pick the Mandroids and whatever struck my fancy first. Instead, I skipped the Mandroids entirely and ended up picking the Mindless Ones since Dr. Strange stuff is a little underrepresented. Besides, maybe some of their parts can be used for the Mad Thinker's Awesome Android (with accessories to make Awesome Andy)!

Is there really a 5th week? Maybe it's a poll between the top 2 of each category and we pick from 1 from 4 categories or something.

Edited by lemonfreshviper22

Is there really a 5th week? Maybe it's a poll between the top 2 of each category and we pick from 1 from 4 categories or something.

Poll #5 will probably be the TRU box set poll.

Edit: Wow - i can't believe how many people are voting for old-school Madrox. Aesome :)

I'm not, really. His name comes up pretty often, even with the other version of him already released. Not sure if he'll win a poll of the larger Marvel audience, but I'd expect him to win among our crowd.

Mandroids and Maddroxes for me.

Don't know what a Stepford Cuckoo is, don't care to know. Do know I'd never vote for whatever the frick it is though, based solely on the stupidity of the name.

You need to go read Grant Morrison's X-Men run, like, right now.