• Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this too. I'm fine with rereleases/reissues. I just dont' think a figure should be remade just cause people don't want to pay high ebay prices. DST should do whatever they feel is needed and can make them money.

Cause then minimates continue for another 10 years and becomes the Simpsons of toy lines.

Right. DST knows what they're doing. They're out to make money, and ultimately I'm okay with that. But I do think DST keeps an eye on the market. When waves 22 and 24 are selling for large money and in high demand, they do pay attention. That's one of the reasons we got the Heroes/Villains set. Not because DST felt a need to help out the poor collectors who missed out on some (amazing) mates, but because they saw an opportunity to make money and jumped on it.

But if, again for example, Spiderwoman is selling for pennies on the dollar, DST might be less inclined to reissue her, because there's little profit margin in there for them. These guys all understand supply and demand better than a lot of us ever will. And as long as they keep making Minimates, even reissues, I'm alright. But I'm still gona make unhappy noises like a sleeping baby.

That's twice this week someone mentioned Ms Marvel. Can someone explain to me, aside from the hair, what's wrong with the old one? She's detailed out the wazoo.

<soapbox>

ALL characters, regardless of when they were released as Minimates, are open for revisiting at some point.

To summarize, buy what you want, but be happy with what you are offered, because it may not be what you WANT, but it means the line is thriving.

</soapbox>

seriously, we need a ‘clapping’ emoticon because that’s the response this needed.

On topic: newest poll was a tough one!

I might just have to actually use that “I’m with DST” banner with the Armory I made for this or the TRU box set thread because there’s no way this line up won’t ultimately kick ass.

1338992784[/url]' post='230449']
1338992701[/url]' post='230448']

Not really the best picture of Mojo, though.

No, it would be nice if Marvel had chosen a picture that actually, y'know, showed Mojo.

Yep. Also, I agree with your votes. Zemo will win and then the only fair and just option for the variant will be Citizen V and then I will die happy.

Mojo/Onslaught

1) Onslaught's days as a viable character are numbered

2) Mojo will tie in nicely with Longshot and get us some great new pieces

3) BOTH will display nicely alongside my 90s X-Villains

4) I don't need a new Apocalypse, I don't want Abomination or Vengeance, the Barons have a good shot at getting made anyhow, and Wrecker? Not without the rest of the Crew.

At the risk of shooting myself in the foot, I'm glad at the characters chosen for the villain poll, I think we actually have a good shot at getting some much requested villains out of this, it's not nearly as tough a decision as last week.

Just please DST, give us two villains. Frankly I'd rather they just leave out the Army-Builder for this wave and give us two from each category since we already know they're not going to give us just one A-Lister.

1338993451[/url]' post='230458']

In my estimation, Zemo has three possible variations - Citizen V, hero Zemo, and papa Zemo.

Agreed, but you could easily do a Heinrich by putting his silly burlap sack head piece as a sculpted slip on bit with normal Zemo, and come on, Citizen V is so badass.

I disagree entirely. Between bulked up bodies and new tooling, I'm betting Onslaught would be AMAZING, I'm also hoping - perhaps foolishly 1 he'd come with interchangeable parts to make Monster Onslaught from the end of the event

Which isn't to say that's not an amazing custom. I just DO believe it could be unseated.

I made a great Ghost custom that looks good alongside my T-Bolts. Could DST make a better figure? Absolutely.

Edited by Mnemosis

Dammit, Zach, why do you do this to us? :lol:

This one was a lot tougher than I expected. Again, I'd be satisfied with any of them, but I ended up going with Mojo and Zemo. Mojo was a no-brainer for me, because after seeing how awesome MODOK came out and how gracefully the basic Minimate design has expanded to include alternative body styles, I think they could knock him out of the park. As for the others, I'd love to see a bulked-up Apoc or Abom, but I figure they have a decent shot at getting made otherwise (yeah, I'm one of those guys). Strucker would be awesome, Vengeance and Onslaught would be alright. Really, it came down to Zemo vs Wrecker. And I'm still not sure I can completely justify going with Zemo. I'd just be gutted if they made Wrecker and didn't do the rest of the Crew, I guess, so I wasn't sure if it was better to:

(1) vote for Wrecker in the hope that he's a foot in the door to make the other guys in subsequent waves, or

(2) not vote for Wrecker under the assumption that the whole Crew has a better shot at getting made all at once, but if they just made him, the rest would be indefinitely delayed because "at least they gave us Wrecker."

Siiigh. I can't wait for this wave. Gonna be a long wait.

Edited by Lobsterman

I think Wrecker may end up being the big loser from this wave because people don't want him without the rest of the Wrecking Crew.

Apocalypse, Abomination and Onslaught are all characters that would benefit from all the breakthroughs made in "bulked up" Minimate technology.

MODOK and the Prophets from Halo have proven Diamond can do non-human Minimates, so Mojo should be no problem. And he'd look so nice with Longshot.

Vengeance fills the "90's cool character" quote, and would help complete the pool of Ghost Rider Minimates.

And Baron Strucker is a classic villain who, considering we got the HYDRA army builder years ago, is way overdue.

My votes go with Stucker and Zemo, because the opportunity to vote "Baron & Baron" is too unique to pass up.

Edited by boyd

No Blob, Toad, or Pyro almost certainly means we are getting a Brotherhood box set at some point, right Zach? :)

I was rather surprised none of those guys were on there, as well as a few other characters (like the Enchantress :sad:). I don't feel like there's been a whole lot of clamoring for Onslaught, or an Apocalypse update, or even Vengence or Von Stucker. But I could be wrong about all that.

Zemo and Mojo for me. Again, nice choices. Strucker... Apocalypse... Abomination... really wish I could vote for them all.

Dino, I brought Ms. Marvel exclusively in the context of a potential AvX set. We've seen plenty of Cap, we're about to get a new modern Thor, we recently got modern IM and Thing, Luke Cage being in the poll means he's not going to be in any sets this summer, and I don't really want X-characters in any potential Avengers slots (Beast, Wolverine). So... I mentioned modern Doctor Strange and Ms Marvel as potential choices. The current Ms Marvel is fine. She could use a new hair-piece and maybe a less smirky face, but by no means is she necessary. She is one of those crossover 'mates that fits in fine with older and newer stuff, but she is a heavy hitter and I wouldn't complain if she were revisited.