• Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Well, I'm sure there will be a few Avengers in various waves and sets, but we have some themed waves coming up that may not necessarily accommodate a Widow figure.

You heard it here, first, folks... '90s X-Factor is on its way. A themed wave? Yes. Possibility for some Avengers in the form of an updated Quicksilver and therapist Doc Samson? Yes. Unable to accommodate Black Widow? Yes.

Thanks for the great news, Zach! LOL

Sigh. Yes, it's a 90s X-Factor Wave. Val Cooper and Random are the TRU Exclusives. Yadda yadda yadda. :rolleyes:

Luke, I need you to do me a huge favor. I need you to start selling tiny paper bags with eye holes in your store. You'd be helping me out a great deal. Sending you a bribe to make this happen.

The fact that we don't yet have a Minimate Amazing Bagman makes me feel great pity and loathing toward the human race in general.

Why? As cool as an Amazing Bagman figure would be, there are still a ton of other people that still need to be made first, IMO.

I wasn't going to say anything, but... yeah. There are a dozen Spider-Men or Spider-Man facsimiles, plus another dozen temporary or technical FF members, that appeared in more issues than this outfit, and I think we would literally be making this Minimate for three people.

Yes, I could have put him into the Support Team poll to see how he fared, but I think the eight people in that poll are more legitimately deserving, and I think the majority of this board will agree.

It's semi-serious, Zach. As you've noticed, we occassionally engage in wishlisting every now and again. And a recurring theme is "what looks for character 'A' are left?". And with Spidey, the wonderful ridiculousness of the Bag-Man outfit makes it stand out in many of our minds more than "Spider-Hulk" or "Cyborg Spider-Man". So yes, we want him, and we know he's uber-obscurely unlikely.

I wasn't going to say anything, but... yeah. There are a dozen Spider-Men or Spider-Man facsimiles, plus another dozen temporary or technical FF members, that appeared in more issues than this outfit, and I think we would literally be making this Minimate for three people.

Yes, I could have put him into the Support Team poll to see how he fared, but I think the eight people in that poll are more legitimately deserving, and I think the majority of this board will agree.

I don't know about three people, he comes up surprisingly often around here. I agree the majority would rather see eight new characters included in this poll over a second Spidey costume -- but outside of the poll, if we're just talking future Spidey costumes, or FF temps, it sure seems like he's one of the most mentioned and wanted.

Has anyone tried sculpting a bag shaped head and drilling a hole into the bottom, or just sculpting over a head to make a Bag Man?

If I wanted a chore I’d do the dishes! Official Sculpted Paper Bag Cast In Plastic OR GTFO, DST!!!

eh, if we’re being perfectly honest here... I’d like a Bag-man and will keep up my sig until I get one or ALL the other sigs go away. But if he’s in this poll I wouldn’t vote for him, I have to assume there’s a cooler everything then Bag-man... but c’mon Zach! you guys made TWO versions of white Psylocke for TRU (two versions of Asian Psylocke, sure, but I’ve never seen anything other then old comics with white Psylocke, are kids really clamoring for white Psylocke collectables these days?), you telling me in wave 20 or whatever when you need one filler character you can’t squeeze in Bag-man?

... I probably should do those dishes though...

eh, if we’re being perfectly honest here... I’d like a Bag-man and will keep up my sig until I get one or ALL the other sigs go away. But if he’s in this poll I wouldn’t vote for him, I have to assume there’s a cooler everything then Bag-man... but c’mon Zach! you guys made TWO versions of white Psylocke for TRU (two versions of Asian Psylocke, sure, but I’ve never seen anything other then old comics with white Psylocke, are kids really clamoring for white Psylocke collectables these days?), you telling me in wave 20 or whatever when you need one filler character you can’t squeeze in Bag-man?

Hey, I'm not telling you anything -- just that a one-off costume from 40+ years ago, one that never even appeared on a cover, is a tough sell, even if it is Spider-Man in a Fantastic Four uniform (not that you could tell). I can't imagine how we'd package him, and we'll probably never make him. Sorry, the gloves (and bag) are off; I'd personally rather see Forbush Man.

And Betsy Braddock was caucasian for a long time -- 14 years or so. Considering how excited everyone is about the Outback X-Men series, one of those white Psylockes is probably highly appreciated right now.

I'd personally rather see Forbush Man.

See, always a better option. (but couldn't Forbush Man come with a sculpted plastic paper bag accessory?!?!)

Also:

What’s that about never been on a cover:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/spider-man-the-other-collection (second row) :whistling:

Edited by dr baghead

Hey, I'm not telling you anything -- just that a one-off costume from 40+ years ago, one that never even appeared on a cover, is a tough sell, even if it is Spider-Man in a Fantastic Four uniform (not that you could tell). I can't imagine how we'd package him, and we'll probably never make him. Sorry, the gloves (and bag) are off; I'd personally rather see Forbush Man.

Wow... now I know how all you Kang fans felt pre-Kang release. :(

Note to self: Drop Amazing Bagman hints into every thread... daily!

Hey, I'm not telling you anything -- just that a one-off costume from 40+ years ago, one that never even appeared on a cover, is a tough sell, even if it is Spider-Man in a Fantastic Four uniform (not that you could tell). I can't imagine how we'd package him, and we'll probably never make him.

Hey now, it was at least a two-off costume! :biggrin: Well, maybe not the FF part, but I'm pretty sure he wore the bag at least one other time.

I get what you're saying, but as with some of the Spidey costumes we've already gotten (Armor, Insulated, Cosmic etc) I don't think it's so much the quantity as how memorable those appearances were. Spider-Man's costume is so consistent (at least by Marvel standards) that anything different really stands out, and I just think more comics fans would recognize him than you'd think. Anyway, with Chuck around I'm not gonna bet against any Spidey mate one day showing up.

Val Cooper and Random are the TRU Exclusives. Yadda yadda yadda.

Sweet Zombie Jesus - i would LOVE that set!

And Betsy Braddock was caucasian for a long time -- 14 years or so. Considering how excited everyone is about the Outback X-Men series, one of those white Psylockes is probably highly appreciated right now.

Count me among those who freaking love the Armoured (white) Betsy that was released. She was much needed and much appreciated in this collectors household :thumbsup:

Man spider is my most wanted Spidey. When I was young I would watch the 90s series all the time. There were only two episodes that scared the crap out of me. Venom's transformation at the church and the one with man spider's reveal at that were house with the punisher. Good memories.

From marvel Fanfare #1 (1982)

manspider.jpg

Throughout his career as a super-hero, he has had countless strange adventures. But none were as bizarre as when the evil Brain-Child used an arcane device to de-evolve Spider-Man into a monsterous creature more spider than man. Peter might have been forever trapped as a terrifying monster if Karl Lykos hadn't used his his energy siphoning powers to steal Spider-Man's excess energy. The power draining process inadvertently changed Man-Spider back to Peter Parker, while transfoming Lykos into the villainous half-man, half-pterodactyl known as Sauron.

The Amazing Spider-Man #437

spiderbeast.jpg

Plant-Man sends a plant to spray Synch with some thing that turns him into a hulking, mindless monster. Fighting ensues between Synch and Spidey. Plant-Man lures Spidey into his lair and mutates Spider-Man into Spider-Beast (dant Dant DAAAAHHH!). Spider-Beast fights some big wooden... things... and Synch is all of the sudden just as intelligent as he normally is (but still as ugly) and helps Spidey beat up the things. Spider-Beast catches Plant-Man and acts unusually violent towards him. Before you know it, Pete Parker is okay again.

I also remember i few what if stories that had a mutated Spidey I think