• Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Am I the only one who thinks Marcus' middle name is probably Leroy? LEEEEROOOOY JOHNSTON!!!! :teehee: )

His middle name is Rich, and every order he gives is actually something he heard one of his subordinates say a week prior.

I doubt everyone gets that, but I do, and it make me laugh.:biggrin:

(Am I the only one who thinks Marcus' middle name is probably Leroy? LEEEEROOOOY JOHNSTON!!!! :teehee: )

His middle name is Rich, and every order he gives is actually something he heard one of his subordinates say a week prior.

I doubt everyone gets that, but I do, and it make me laugh.:biggrin:

Yeah, it definitely operates on the "Dennis Miller principle"

You know, if we can't get an Amazing Bag Man as a stand alone due to not being recognized as Spidey by the general public, what if a future FF set came with a molded bag head and flesh colored feet so we can turn Reed (or better yet, a non-powered up Johnny) into Bag Man?

You know, if we can't get an Amazing Bag Man as a stand alone due to not being recognized as Spidey by the general public, what if a future FF set came with a molded bag head and flesh colored feet so we can turn Reed (or better yet, a non-powered up Johnny) into Bag Man?

I was having exactly the same thoughts on a none flame on Johnny with Bag Man extras

'Great minds think alike, and fools seldom differ.' :highfive2:

Possible thought: is Black Widow high-profile now? I mean, i wouldn't say she's A-list, but certainly B at this point and fits the supporting character description. Could we see Yelena Belova as a possibility?

I mean, she's still Black Widow, but she's "blonde, slutty Black Widow" so i guess it's a toss up?

I was having exactly the same thoughts on a none flame on Johnny with Bag Man extras

Zach, are you listening ;)

1337453710[/url]' post='226848']

Possible thought: is Black Widow high-profile now? I mean, i wouldn't say she's A-list, but certainly B at this point and fits the supporting character description. Could we see Yelena Belova as a possibility?

I mean, she's still Black Widow, but she's "blonde, slutty Black Widow" so i guess it's a toss up?

I think you and I might be too alike. I really do hope for more Widows of all kinds. Yelena, the grey bodysuit and short hair, Fear itself, a new modern 616 Widow, Ultimate Widow, Natasha pretending to be Yelena, really all of it, ever.

Zach, are you listening ;)

+1

Great idea for Bag-Man! Not sure when we'll make an original-costume Reed or Johnny next, but I will try to remember to have them add a bag. I will also keep an eye out for tiny 1" by .5" brown paper bags for all of you.

And I think Widow is VERY high profile now, but I think we're scaling back on the Avengers for the time being, so it may need to wait. But I want all of those.

It amazes me how many toy lines are focusing on the 5 male Avengers and are avoiding BW. Kudos to you guys for making some in Minimate form to complete the team. I'll take a TRU exclusive over Hasbro's 'put one BW figure in every case of the 3rd wave of Avengers movie product' mentality (especially when they cut her from the IM2 line).

I am very happy that any Black Widows have been made. Now, we need more. She's not just an avenger, you know. She's also a ballerina. OH! Ballerina Natasha. Yes. Minimate in a tutu. Excellent idea.

Man, Tuesday and then every subsequent Wednesday can not get here fast enough.

but I think we're scaling back on the Avengers for the time being, so it may need to wait.

Not funny. We are not amused, are we, Kang? No we are not.

...but I think we're scaling back on the Avengers for the time being, so it may need to wait.

I don't like the sound of that.

:lol: Well, I'm sure there will be a few Avengers in various waves and sets, but we have some themed waves coming up that may not necessarily accommodate a Widow figure.

Dethklok! To be fair, we have two full series of Avengers (three if you count TRU and Specialty Movie separately, four if you count the more recently distributed cases of TRU 12) and two box sets out at retail right now. We don't want people to get Avengers fatigue. I know, I know, you all want more supporting Avengers -- we're working on them. Vote for them.

Great idea for Bag-Man! Not sure when we'll make an original-costume Reed or Johnny next, but I will try to remember to have them add a bag. I will also keep an eye out for tiny 1" by .5" brown paper bags for all of you.

Might I suggest this:

Remember when we got a hair piece for Peter in the 3rd Ghostbusters box set despite he himself not being in that set because the understand was we’d already have a second Peter from the TRU waves?

Why not, instead of waiting for the next excuse to make Reed or Johnny, to release a sculpted plastic bag, just make an un-battle damaged one of these:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=890&n=Spider-Man+(Symbiote+Bond)

here’s one I prepared earlier:

spidermantrain.jpg

Hasbro released a movie version of this concept and it was pretty cool looking

It’s something for everyone! It’s Spider-man in TWO of his iconic costumes, kids love the play value inherent in pretending Spider-man is being taken over by his suit, parents, grandparents, and casual collectors will still know he’s Spider-man since both costumes have been in the movies... and hardcore collectors will complain anyway, but might enjoy it having the cool ‘Composite Hulk’ look without it being an actual cannon 3rd personality of Spider-man’s!

Then just write up in the bio how Spider-man felt the symbiot was taking over (hence the mate itself becomes a symbolic form of such!) and had Reed Richards help him remove it, and then lend him a suit to become THE AMAZING BAG-MAN! All tied up in neat little package!!

Then it’s up to the collector at home to find a spare TRU Reed (some TRUs still have a couple hanging around, he’s not hard to find) to display the bagged head on, and a future Reed doesn’t need to waste tooling budget on the bagged head and that money can go towards giving him MvC Super Skrull’s arm in his colors and unflamed Johnny’s head.

Basically what I’m saying is: STOP DENYING ME AN IN SCALE PAPER BAG MASK!!! It’s bad enough Hasbro has a sculpted 6inch Bag-Man they haven’t slotted for release yet, but you guys already released a zombie surgeon! Why won’t you give me the missing part to make a minimate of my forum name for an avatar!

Dethklok! To be fair, we have two full series of Avengers (three if you count TRU and Specialty Movie separately, four if you count the more recently distributed cases of TRU 12) and two box sets out at retail right now. We don't want people to get Avengers fatigue. I know, I know, you all want more supporting Avengers -- we're working on them. Vote for them.

I was just messin' with ya, Zach. :P

That's understandable, of course. I'm just crossing my fingers that someday we'll have Mockingbird, Tigra, and Falcon.

Might I suggest this:

Remember when we got a hair piece for Peter in the 3rd Ghostbusters box set despite he himself not being in that set because the understand was we’d already have a second Peter from the TRU waves?

Why not, instead of waiting for the next excuse to make Reed or Johnny, to release a sculpted plastic bag, just make an un-battle damaged one of these:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=890&n=Spider-Man+(Symbiote+Bond)

here’s one I prepared earlier:

spidermantrain.jpg

Hasbro released a movie version of this concept and it was pretty cool looking

It’s something for everyone! It’s Spider-man in TWO of his iconic costumes, kids love the play value inherent in pretending Spider-man is being taken over by his suit, parents, grandparents, and casual collectors will still know he’s Spider-man since both costumes have been in the movies... and hardcore collectors will complain anyway, but might enjoy it having the cool ‘Composite Hulk’ look without it being an actual cannon 3rd personality of Spider-man’s!

Then just write up in the bio how Spider-man felt the symbiot was taking over (hence the mate itself becomes a symbolic form of such!) and had Reed Richards help him remove it, and then lend him a suit to become THE AMAZING BAG-MAN! All tied up in neat little package!!

Then it’s up to the collector at home to find a spare TRU Reed (some TRUs still have a couple hanging around, he’s not hard to find) to display the bagged head on, and a future Reed doesn’t need to waste tooling budget on the bagged head and that money can go towards giving him MvC Super Skrull’s arm in his colors and unflamed Johnny’s head.

Basically what I’m saying is: STOP DENYING ME AN IN SCALE PAPER BAG MASK!!! It’s bad enough Hasbro has a sculpted 6inch Bag-Man they haven’t slotted for release yet, but you guys already released a zombie surgeon! Why won’t you give me the missing part to make a minimate of my forum name for an avatar!

But doesn't the Amazing Bag-Man need bare feet?

well yes, but doesn’t everyone have spare bare feet? If not and I’m a weirdo for having a pile of 20 bare feet in my parts bin, and also 7 pairs of flesh colored minimate feet next to them :teehee: toss a pair in with half-n-half Spider-man so you have all the pieces needed when you combine with Reed.

Granted he’d have the black boot rim on his shins, but that’s going to be there regardless, even if the bag came with a new Reed or Johnny or unless it’s a shoeless Reed or Johnny which if that’s the case why not just make it a dedicated Bag-Man instead of pretending we’re slipping him in under the guise of a more recognizable character?

well yes, but doesn’t everyone have spare bare feet? If not and I’m a weirdo for having a pile of 20 bare feet in my parts bin, and also 7 pairs of flesh colored minimate feet next to them :teehee: toss a pair in with half-n-half Spider-man so you have all the pieces needed when you combine with Reed.

Granted he’d have the black boot rim on his shins, but that’s going to be there regardless, even if the bag came with a new Reed or Johnny or unless it’s a shoeless Reed or Johnny which if that’s the case why not just make it a dedicated Bag-Man instead of pretending we’re slipping him in under the guise of a more recognizable character?

I don't have any spare feet...

As for the boot cuffs, why not have the Reed/Johnny use the Star Trek style boots with the removable cuff, and have a spare set of feet inside the pack?

fig0378flg.jpg

You guys are forgetting an even more important part of the Bag-Man look... he MUST have a kick-me sign on his back.

Easily made!

post-1597-0-20040200-1337542307_thumb.jp

I made this custom a long, long time ago, would have made a updated version but i felt sure this variant would definatley have been released before too long.

Hmmm... how did i forget the flesh feet?

post-1597-0-30121800-1337542287_thumb.jp post-1597-0-44738700-1337542297_thumb.jp