• Dire Wraiths
    • HAMMER Agents
    • Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)
    • Mandroids
    • Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

Had no idea blue Ghost Rider was so popular, I have no interest in him but any of the rest would be great. Capwolf would be awesome/hilarious (and I called it!), we need that Iron Man before 2020 stops sounding futuristic, and any Spidey is a good Spidey -- fun choices Zach!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious.....

"The top 1 or 2 vote-getters in each category will be produced" per the rules listed.

Total of 4 polls. So, total of 4 to 8 total figures to be made from these polls.

SO, my questions are:

1) will there be more than 1 army-builder figure?

2) will every character in wave 50 be from the polls? Because if so, the math doesn't work out as stated. Any chance we can get possibly 3 figures from one category, since army-builders generally come one-per-wave?

I'm anticipating a blood-bath the next two weeks. Today's poll was tough enough to only pick 2! I feel a lot of us are going to have a hard time choosing the next few weeks.

I voted for Cap Wolf today because I love monsters and it's such a unique design that, as mentioned, is our only chance to get. Add to that a cool newly sculpted head piece with good re-use potential makes me want one even more. I also voted for Ghost Rider since it's been awhile since the last one. I want the others from this list, but I feel like Gray Hulk & others have a great chance at getting made eventually. I do like that Cyborg Spidey! I could do without that Wolverine though. I'd prefer Fang Wolverine.

Hydro Iron Man and Savage Hulk. I loved the new bulked Hulks & have a soft spot for IMs crazy Armors, plus if it gets made I don't have to attempt a custom. Trust me, it was tough my love of Cap almost got me voting for Cap-Wolf. But I'd be happy with any of these! Although I would like to see a Deathlock mate to go with Cyborg Spidey!

Yeah the Cyborg Spidey is cool, I have that issue with him and Deathlok on the cover. The Ghost Rider is the coolest I'd say. Maybe a little underwhelmed from these characters.Deathlok would've been badass, I know he's not as well known as Spidey, but Cyborg Spidey makes a Deathlok release a little more hopeful. Ghost Rider/Deathlok seems like a killer pack idea. or even GR plus a cycle.

Winkerbean, with that Wolvie you can make a Maverick from the parts I'm sure, or the rest of the Weapon X team.

Edited by WookieFodder

Just curious.....

"The top 1 or 2 vote-getters in each category will be produced" per the rules listed.

Total of 4 polls. So, total of 4 to 8 total figures to be made from these polls.

SO, my questions are:

1) will there be more than 1 army-builder figure?

2) will every character in wave 50 be from the polls? Because if so, the math doesn't work out as stated. Any chance we can get possibly 3 figures from one category, since army-builders generally come one-per-wave?

I could be wrong, but I took that to mean we'd get the two highest from the A-lister vote. Two from the Obscure vote. One Villain. One army-builder. And then they'd make a variant of one of the characters chosen (which they can't necessarily do at the beginning because they dunno who'll get chosen). Just my thoughts.

I love the choices, mostly. It's so 90's that I'm having a joy-attack. I have an unhealthy love for everything robotic, spiky, and covered in unnecessary pouches. I ended up choosing Ketch Ghost Rider (I love my Champions GR, but I think we need a more up-to-date figure, and I never got the first two), and Werewolf Cap. You know that the rest will get made eventually (except maybe Thing), so yeah, I went ahead and chose the ones we're least likely to see later on.

Ghost Rider and Grey Hulk.

I've never even seen Cap-Wolf and Mutated Thing before.

Didn't expect so much love for Ghost Rider and Cap-Wolf although I theorized we'd eventually get that Ghost Rider. My problem with Wolf-Cap is that he seems like a simple custom thus being unworthy of the sculpting cornucopia that would stem from Spikey Thing and Water Man. My reasoning was "maximize new parts".

If I remember correctly, mutated Thing was an 80s creation that gave him strength and power equal to Hulk. Miry?

BTW: Anyone else think this is DSTs basic formula for most waves? Two A-Listers, Two Support, One Villain, One Army Builder plus a Variant?

Wave 43:

A-List: Sipder-Man, Daredevil

Support: J J J, Dewolf

Villain: Sin-Eater

Army: Shield

Variant: aunt May

Wave 44:

A-list: Thor, Cap, Iron Man, Hulk

Support: Antman/Giant Man

Army: Kree Sentry

Variant: Antman 2

Wave 47:

A-list: Wolverine, Collosus

Support: Dazzler, Longshot, Rogue

Army: Brood

Variant: infected Wolverine

The formula has variations but we almost always get two A-list per wave.

Zach,

Thank you for such a well thought out poll. I was thoroughly suprised by many of your choices both great in my opinion (Cap Wolf! Cyborg Spidey! 2020!) and "just ok" in my opinion (Thing, Ghost Rider). It was just plain FUN to click that link and see what you had finally decided upon. Awesome. Can't wait for the next one.

I voted for Cap-Wolf and IM 2020.

Cyborg Spider-Man and Ghost Rider for me., Danny Ketch is a huge win for me, more Ghost rider the better!!

Edited by eclipse

If I remember correctly, mutated Thing was an 80s creation that gave him strength and power equal to Hulk. Miry?

Short version- Ben and the Sharon Carter Ms. Marvel had a space adventure, and had to return to earth in an escape pod. The litely shielded pod passed through a cosmic ray storm very similar to the one that originally gave the 4 their powers. Sharon became the She-Thing, (though still called Ms. Marvel) and Ben mutated into that spikey form. And yeah, his strength was increased to well into "Class 100" strength and his durability similarly increased, with no loss of dexterity. But while it was a really neat idea and a cool look, it was a total pain in the pencil to draw, so it didn't last long.

It should be noted that while Ben got his upgrade, Hulk was in Joe Fixit mode. So when they fought, Thing was the stronger of the two. Marvel handeled it well, Thing solidly won the round that happened in the FF's book, but Hulk took round two in his own title. So a grey Hulk, spikey Thing 2 pack would be appropriate.

Even though I didn't vote for him, I kind of want Cap-Wolf to see production. Perfect starting place for a Wolfsbane custom. :)

If grey Hulk makes it into the wave and he's the same grey as Ultimate Hulk, I will happily buy two. Just an idea.

TEAM X WOLVERINE!!!!

::ahem::

It would be rad if Deathlok shows up in the support staff poll... Maverick could be a nice round-out for team X Wolvie (although as another mutant-power-to-inexplicably-make-things-go-your-way-while-shooting-guns-at-people character, I wasn't crazy about him).

I would buy both Deathlok AND Maverick in a heartbeat. But you're wrong about Mav's powers. Kinetic energy absorption redirected as blasts. Imagine Sebastian Shaw and Bishop combined. He couldn't absorb lasers like Bishop, and he wasn't strong like Shaw, but hitting him meant he could zap you.

Spidey & wolverine....... Hopefully next week the supporting ones will be deathlok & maverick!

YES YES YES a thousand times yes! Except, I voted for Danny with Logan.

I would buy both Deathlok AND Maverick in a heartbeat. But you're wrong about Mav's powers. Kinetic energy absorption redirected as blasts. Imagine Sebastian Shaw and Bishop combined. He couldn't absorb lasers like Bishop, and he wasn't strong like Shaw, but hitting him meant he could zap you.

Wasn't that a later, reconned power? I thought in his first few appearances it was just a generic "luck-based" power similar to Longshot.

Nope. In fact, when Team X leaps out of the compound running from Omega Red (in what would be chronologically his first documented mission), Logan and Creed survive the fall thanks to their healing factors and Mav makes it based on absorbing the impact of the fall.

His retconned power was... acid touch? I think... as Agent Zero

And while there will be two A-listers and one army-builder, which of the other categories gets two depends on which make the most sense as two-packs and which inspires the best variant. So you may get two villains. or a villain and a variant.

I've got too many Wolverine variants as it is and not enough teammates to go with him.

No interest in a hairy Cap, extra rocky Thing, or a bulked up Grey Goliath. (Sounds like a combination of early morning infomercials.)

Ghost Rider would have been a second choice until I remembered he wouldn't get a bike.

And everyone knows that Cyborg Spidey will get made whether he wins this poll or not.

I'm partial to Iron Man so they got my vote.

I like Iron Man but I'd really hate if we ended up getting two! I thought the picture of Danny was cool so I voted for him, the Hulk I assumed weed get eventually so I chose Spiky Thing, mainly because he'd be so hard to make, but if he were made weed finally have minimate weapons think shuriken or caltrops

I like Iron Man but I'd really hate if we ended up getting two! I thought the picture of Danny was cool so I voted for him, the Hulk I assumed weed get eventually so I chose Spiky Thing, mainly because he'd be so hard to make, but if he were made weed finally have minimate weapons think shuriken or caltrops

Wait, how does that guarantee weaponry? :mellow: