• Dire Wraiths
    • HAMMER Agents
    • Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)
    • Mandroids
    • Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

I'd love to see 1602 cap and especially Thor.

Has "Earth X"Cap been mentioned yet?

I mentioned him at the top, but questioned whether or not he'd be too controversial. He isn't recognized as Cap all that easily, either.

I forgot all about AoX Cap. I LOVE that Military design, the shield, and the attitude. Considering they already started AoX, it makes sense. I'll vote for him if he's the choice, then.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man did say barely mentioned... again, hmmm...

That''d be cool... but Isaiah falls into that fuzzy category that hovers between character variation and entirely new character.

The key thing to remember is that any version has to be recognized as Captain America. Zach's made it very clear that DST, or Marvel, or both, doesn't consider the Commander Rogers getup a variation of Captain America, even though I think all of us would disagree. But, hey, it's not our job, so it's not our decision. I would then assume that things like Peter Parker with a bag on his head in an FF uniform wouldn't count as a Spider-Man variant, or Johnny Blaze in his Spirits of Vengeance look. Frog Thor, of course, is a variation of Thor, though. Because he's Thor. As a frog. Frog Thor.:thumbsup:

Hey Zach, I ask this here, because you mentioned flame hair. I think it may be time to retire the same old worn out, somewhat dull/soft looking (compared to the much more hard edged sculpts of the newer mates) original flame head. I hate that thing, and just think its time for an upgrade. Any chance of this ever happening, I just don't think it holds up, and been on my mind for some time now.

Thanks again

Absolutely. That's the primary reason the figure needs an upgrade, because the old Minimate style was all soft curves, and the new stuff has crisper detail. There have been some legal issues with GR lately, otherwise you would have seen more GRs, but I believe it's been cleared up. And, as I've said, he's in the first poll.

... Which is now going up on Tuesday. Apparently, the glitch is more serious than Marvel.com thought.

The key thing to remember is that any version has to be recognized as Captain America. Zach's made it very clear that DST, or Marvel, or both, doesn't consider the Commander Rogers getup a variation of Captain America, even though I think all of us would disagree. But, hey, it's not our job, so it's not our decision. I would then assume that things like Peter Parker with a bag on his head in an FF uniform wouldn't count as a Spider-Man variant, or Johnny Blaze in his Spirits of Vengeance look. Frog Thor, of course, is a variation of Thor, though. Because he's Thor. As a frog. Frog Thor.:thumbsup:

Hellpop gets it. Commander Rogers carries a shield, and wears a blue suit, but without the mask, he's not really Captain America -- from a sales perspective. Notice we never package Captain America maskless.

Hellpop gets it. Commander Rogers carries a shield, and wears a blue suit, but without the mask, he's not really Captain America -- from a sales perspective. Notice we never package Captain America maskless.

It's... its like you've given me a present on your birthday.:biggrin:

EDIT: Yes, that's my sig now. Don't judge me!

Edited by hellpop

Hey Zach, I ask this here, because you mentioned flame hair. I think it may be time to retire the same old worn out, somewhat dull/soft looking (compared to the much more hard edged sculpts of the newer mates) original flame head. I hate that thing, and just think its time for an upgrade. Any chance of this ever happening, I just don't think it holds up, and been on my mind for some time now.

Thanks again

Absolutely. That's the primary reason the figure needs an upgrade, because the old Minimate style was all soft curves, and the new stuff has crisper detail. There have been some legal issues with GR lately, otherwise you would have seen more GRs, but I believe it's been cleared up. And, as I've said, he's in the first poll.

... Which is now going up on Tuesday. Apparently, the glitch is more serious than Marvel.com thought.

Hey Zach, thanks for the reply, you said it better than I did, lol. I'm glad to hear that, and I am really looking forward to the update! There are also so customs that I have put on the backburner because I didn't want to use the existing one.

Based on this , I think I know where my vote may go:-)

Thanks again

So you had plans for more gr mates and you couldn't release them? Hmm If that's the case then does that mean that we will see some more gr mates? Also is this a johny mate or another gr? Johny is in the marvel page so I presume that we are voting for him right? And one last thing: the rest of the polls will go live every Wednesday,correct?

So you had plans for more gr mates and you couldn't release them? Hmm If that's the case then does that mean that we will see some more gr mates? Also is this a johny mate or another gr? Johny is in the marvel page so I presume that we are voting for him right? And one last thing: the rest of the polls will go live every Wednesday,correct?

No, we had NO plans for more GR Minimates because of his status. We've only recently started thinking about them again. The characters listed on that page as being mentioned in the story are just coincidence; I think they were a default, not chosen by me or Marvel. I didn't notice it was Johnny when I said they were in the poll; the poll GR is actually Danny. If Poll #1 goes live on schedule, then the next one should follow on Wednesday the 30th, but we'll see.

Notice we never package Captain America maskless.

pack0741f_lg.jpg

:tongue:

(And, yes, there are three masked Caps around him. I was just trying to be funny/a smart@$$.)

Yeah, this set had a LITTLE bit of wiggle room. So he was displayed as the Avengers fpund him in the ice.