UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

cant wait to get these, they look gorgeous. Its just a shame not being able to get the TRU wave in the UK without resorting to ebay.

Slightly off topic, Zach has DST ever thought about doing mimimates in British TRU's?

I believe that TRU UK sold Minimates years ago....I'm pretty sure that C3 sets were . The reason for the absence of Minimates (officially) in the EU generally is that they would now need to meet a required safety standard....I'm sure that they would but this costs money & each new Minimate would have to be tested. I believe that these safety requirements can be relaxed if the 'toy' can be re-classified as 'adult collectible' ......it's a minefield that would be difficult to negotiate a path through.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant wait to get these, they look gorgeous. Its just a shame not being able to get the TRU wave in the UK without resorting to ebay.

Slightly off topic, Zach has DST ever thought about doing mimimates in British TRU's?

I believe that TRU UK sold Minimates years ago....I'm pretty sure that C3 sets were . The reason for the absence of Minimates (officially) in the EU generally is that they would now need to meet a required safety standard....I'm sure that they would but this costs money & each new Minimate would have to be tested. I believe that these safety requirements can be relaxed if the 'toy' can be re-classified as 'adult collectible' ......it's a minefield that would be difficult to negotiate a path through.

that actually makes a lot of sense, its a shame though

dj- I'll be right by a TRU tonight, I'll stop in and see if they still have one

YB- He looks so much better with different hair. That hairpiece was my first choice, but Renner's hair is pretty flat across his forehead so I found one that was spiked but didn't make a point.

I haven't bought series 43-45 yet, but I did pick up the 2 exclusive packs at TRU today. I knew I would regret passing on them if I left them on the pegs. They look really cool, I can't believe they made Hawkeye and Black Widow exclusives.

It was the only way to really get them. The Big 4 had to be shared for obvious reasons, for all we know the General might be important or there's only one needed, and Maria Hill would pegwarm worse than Col. Rhodes. Not to mention we can army build her.

At least they're 3 to a case, same as the normal LCS sets.

Not sure why they haven't been picked up by UK TRUs, but if they were, we would have to have additional testing done, yes. It may be a matter of quantities. How many are there?

And we had to send Hawkeye and Widow to TRU because of the Loki's Army embargo. We needed to control that release. And as much as collectors don't need more of the Big Four, they are the obvious heavies at mass.

Zach, out of curiosity I know the Avengers army-builder set that would have included Bruce Banner got cancelled, but can you tell us what would have been in it? Obviously lots of the Chitauri, but would they have just been the same as the wave 45 'mate or was there some variety?

Not sure why they haven't been picked up by UK TRUs, but if they were, we would have to have additional testing done, yes. It may be a matter of quantities. How many are there?

I've just been on their 'store finder' & counted 85 stores in the UK & Northern Ireland .....needless to say there are many others in Europe although I have no idea how many . If tested & approved for the UK they would then be certificated throughout Europe & (strangely enough) Australia as well. I was told years ago that each new Minimate would have to be tested but that seems like nonsense when nigh on every Minimate shares a common platform.

If we're looking at international TRU's maybe you could look into why TRU Canada carries almost nothing when it comes to Minimates. The only things I've seen at TRU in the last few years are the Heralds boxset and Spider-Man Friends and Foes...

Zach, out of curiosity I know the Avengers army-builder set that would have included Bruce Banner got cancelled, but can you tell us what would have been in it? Obviously lots of the Chitauri, but would they have just been the same as the wave 45 'mate or was there some variety?

No Loki's Army, it was a SHIELD assortment. Anyone seen the movie yet? Do you remember a bunch of different SHIELD Agent looks? Haven't seen it yet (Saturday!), curious to see what we would have made, whether the looks are terribly distinctive.

If we're looking at international TRU's maybe you could look into why TRU Canada carries almost nothing when it comes to Minimates. The only things I've seen at TRU in the last few years are the Heralds boxset and Spider-Man Friends and Foes...

...What? That's just your TRU, right? Since I've been here, I've seen numerous reports for upcoming TRU shipments to Canada, and I thought people were buying them. Minijeff? Anyone? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Is there still time to put an army dump case together?

Maybe have Banner, 3 male SHIELD agents, 3 LCS alien troops, 2 BD aliens, 2 BD SHIELD agents and the mystery Big bad?

I would buy 2 cases for sure! ;)

EDIT: I had to make it clear what I was talking about

Edited by Onyx_6

I was able to pick up the Hawkeye/Widow and the Loki/Fury. Now I just need to be patient for Luke to ship the rest to me. I think I messed up and pre-ordered it with a set of the Capcom series 3 so I might have to wait a while. But at least I can enjoy the pics.

Mine had a big surge out of nowhere, it was all at once and quite a while back, with the Heralds set, the Cap/Thor wave, MvC wave 1 and some Universal Monsters and video game stuff I think. I can't get over there very often, but I haven't seen anything new in my few visits since then.

Is there still time to put an army dump case together?

Maybe have Banner, 3 male SHIELD agents, 3 LCS alien troops, 2 BD aliens, 2 BD SHIELD agents and the mystery Big bad?

I would buy 2 cases for sure! ;)

Hahahahaha, no. The development was not done. Killed in concept stage. Not sure art exists. We may not even have gotten reference. It would take months just to get them made.

Sorry, shouldn't have been so specific. Buy a lot of Maria Hill/Army sets and Wave 43 SHIELD agents. We discussed Bruce Banner recipes earlier in the thread, and the Big Bad has already been made in Minimate form, if I understand correctly.

On a related note, can you say if there have been any other discussions with Chuck about potential non-movie army dumps?

There have not, at least not with me. We've been talking about army-builders lately, but not in that context. I should bring it up soon.

yes, yes you should.