UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

1336261253[/url]' post='224316']

I've been in & out the last couple, so I've missed some stuff apparently. :) Thanks, Zach!

Yeah, I guess he does sort of, but it is how he looks in the movie (& he looked GOOD in the movie).

If you want longer hair for Thor, Menace's works pretty well, in a Point Break kinda way. :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to TRU after work this evening and there they were on the peg! Finally hit Norhbay Cali! Hawkeye /Blackwidow look awesome!

Where in “northbay Cali” are you TigerT? I went to the TRU near me and found diddly-poop. (Concord and Pittsburg)

Just want to know if I should plan a road trip or they’re too far away I should wait until Tuesday and hope they hit here.

Went to TRU after work this evening and there they were on the peg! Finally hit Norhbay Cali! Hawkeye /Blackwidow look awesome!

Where in “northbay Cali” are you TigerT? I went to the TRU near me and found diddly-poop. (Concord and Pittsburg)

Not too far off, I found them in Reno on Friday. We have that big new TRU warehouse here in town so maybe that helps a bit.

Of course I ordered mine online last weekend, so I left them there. Saw today TRU has a 10% off all Avengers sale going on this week.

Santa Rosa TRU .I didn't get a chance to check out the San Rafael TRU that's about 45min south from me

Traffic is a pain in the rear. Concord is about maybe 2 hrs away , can't listen to mapquest on time,lol .

Santa Rosa TRU .I didn't get a chance to check out the San Rafael TRU that's about 45min south from me

Traffic is a pain in the rear. Concord is about maybe 2 hrs away , can't listen to mapquest on time,lol .

Thanks for the info, I’ll just wait until Tuesday then... they must be due here soon then.

Thanks, on the review on central it looked like Cap/Thor came with 2, one for Cap one for Thor

I borrowed one of the stands from the other packs to help with poses. The stands are the same size as the ones from the second wave of Marvel vs Capcom 3. The discs are smaller and the pegs are slightly smaller than those stands from the first MvC wave. But it is helpful for using with older figures where their peg holes are smaller/tighter. (I know, that just sounds dirty :rolleyes: )

Well, after stopping into four different TRU's over the last few weeks, I finally found Hawkeye/ Black Widow, the only set that I really want (though I suppose that might change after I see the movie this week). Superb. I LOOOOOOVE the new holsters that come with the Widow, and I hope we see these a lot more (I certainly have many, many figures that could use a holster upgrade).

*SPOILERS*

I have a bone to pick with DST over this assortment, namely the variant. The Chitauri General is supposed to represent the 'arm-cannon' Chitauri, something which could have easily been represented with a seperate arm. The entire variant was pointless, and I find it shocking that we didn't get Coulson w/Destroyer cannon. Plus, where the heck is the initially promised army-dump, which was "Our exclusive place to get Dr. Bruce Banner"? If anything, put the Chitauri in the army dump and give us S.H.I.E.L.D Agents in W45

*SPOILERS*

I have a bone to pick with DST over this assortment, namely the variant. The Chitauri General is supposed to represent the 'arm-cannon' Chitauri, something which could have easily been represented with a seperate arm. The entire variant was pointless, and I find it shocking that we didn't get Coulson w/Destroyer cannon. Plus, where the heck is the initially promised army-dump, which was "Our exclusive place to get Dr. Bruce Banner"? If anything, put the Chitauri in the army dump and give us S.H.I.E.L.D Agents in W45

Nice first post. Welcome to the MMV...

Not only welcome to the board, welcome to the board months ago when dumps were said to be canceled and everyone got over it.

Excellent pics, YB. I only have the Widow pack so far, so I really like seeing all these guys while I wait for mine to show up. Didn't know Cap's shield had a handle. That's actually really cool.

Edited by The Geohound

*SPOILERS*

Well way to be a jerk about it. Nice first post.

IF you bothered to check first, the Army Dump was cancelled. It was never even officially announced. There were NO Chitauri to be in the dump anyway, so they would not have been able to.

And there is a Coulson in the Thor wave. Making another would be pointless. The General is a one-of-a-kind character, and less important than Maria Hill, and is therefore the variant.

I don't care if this sounds snarky, that was a stupid post. Don't pick fights if you're going to use wrong information.

To FDOI:

DST doesn't get a chance to preview the movie way back when they have to start the design and dev process which takes about 9 months. DST has to make the best guess, and Banner not making the cut made sense as 1) fans early on expressed strong disfavor with casting Mark Rufalo as Banner.

Last years Thor movie failed to move the army dumps at a satisfactory rate for retailers who were weary of another army dump warming shelves. Given the success of the movie, it's easy to say in hindsight this or that should have been done.

IF DST offers a Previews boxset of Avengers movie figures for sale March 2013, I'm not sure if it would do well. It would be a gamble but I'd try it with the following:

Bruce Banner

Shield Agent with Galaga Screen, Coulson head

Chitari Leader

Iron Man (freefall, battle damaged, etc)

A safer bet would be to capitalize on interest in the Avengers with comic waves

Welcome to the boards, FDOI. Sorry you weren't happy with Wave 45. The General is actually a completely different sculpt from the regular Chitauri -- yes, he came with an arm cannon, but I didn't notice that arm cannon users wore different armor in the film. More likely, he reflected an actual General character who was cut from the movie, although I haven't asked specifically. We never saw footage, we were only sent designs and told who everybody was. I'm sure if we'd gotten reference in time, we would have made the leader Loki dealt with.

And while the army dump was cancelled, I didn't see any distinct variations in the SHIELD uniform OR the Chitauri. So it would have been a tough set to create, even if we got reference. I'm certainly sad we didn't get Bruce, but who knew he'd be the breakout character in the movie? We discussed "quick custom" recipes earlier in the thread-- I just may have to make one now.

I'm sure if we'd gotten reference in time, we would have made the leader Loki dealt with.

I've been calling him the Negotiator (does he have an official name?), and he would rock to have in minimate form. An unexpectedly creepy, subtle character there. I've got to say, having seen the movie, I'm not at all bothered about the cancelled army builders, not like I thought I would be. I don't even think I'll make an effort to get more than the three chitauri. The lack of Banner is far more disappointing, but also far more understandable. A qc body hasn't been that hard to cobble together, but I still haven't come up with a head/hair combo I like. My fingers are crossed that someone with more talent will reverse engineer a Banner face based on the calm Hulk face.

Edited by Turtle

I'm sure if we'd gotten reference in time, we would have made the leader Loki dealt with.

I've been calling him the Negotiator (does he have an official name?), and he would rock to have in minimate form. An unexpectedly creepy, subtle character there.

The character is called "The Other," and is played by Alexis Denisoff, who played Wesley on Buffy and Angel.

Rex

So... the question is now... how do we makes minimate scale schwarma?

Ten bucks says we get a movie Bruce Banner with the next Hulk movie. And given that "The Other" is still around, I'm sure he will have a starring role in the next installment. He is freaky looking.

I like the movie figures, but I enjoy the comic versions so much more. I'd rather have more obscure Avengers and villains rather than more movie figures. I feel like the comic mates have a more timeless quality while movie mates are cool right when they come out, but begin to look dated in a display after five years. Of course, after year 15 the nostalgia factor kicks in and they start to become cool again. Get ready for 2021 X-men 3 Minimates!