UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

DARN IT DST! Now you have to take more of my money! Why can't you and Lego give me a few months of "breathing room" to build up disposable income :P

Out of interest, why do Hulk and Hawkeye come with two heads? Why not print the other face on the back of the existing head like you did for Raven (I'm sure there is a valid reason).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the look of the new Mark VII, definitely more than the IM 2 armors that were way too bulky. The only one that doesn't impress me out of that lot is Thor, he looks bored.

Speaking of Avengers, did everyone see that Agent Coulson is officially part of the 616 universe now?

Along with Nick Fury's long lost son who also just happens to have an eyepatch and just happens to look exactly like Samuel L Jackson? House of Ideas indeed... :rolleyes:

Look, I totally understand that this makes sense from a marketing/sales perspective, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

battle-scars-20120424014012612.jpg

Edited by youbastards

I really like the idea that Coulson is now part of the mainstream continuity. But when I saw the pics a few days ago I thought he's part of the Ultimate Universe because of Sam Jackson Fury. Now that's Nick Fury's long lost son? Are you kidding me? He looks bad ass, but...

Yeah, his son's name is Marcus Johnson. Maybe we will get a Marcus Johnson and Agent Coulson Minimate 2-pack, and then we can re-purpose that suit for our own Steve Rogers Super Soldier.

So, any bets until how long it is before 616 Nick Fury is "permanently" killed off, and his son steps in and takes his dad's name to honor his memory? :whistling:

I like the look of the new Mark VII, definitely more than the IM 2 armors that were way too bulky. The only one that doesn't impress me out of that lot is Thor, he looks bored.

Speaking of Avengers, did everyone see that Agent Coulson is officially part of the 616 universe now?

Along with Nick Fury's long lost son who also just happens to have an eyepatch and just happens to look exactly like Samuel L Jackson? House of Ideas indeed... :rolleyes:

Look, I totally understand that this makes sense from a marketing/sales perspective, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

battle-scars-20120424014012612.jpg

the marcus johnson bit was pushed on them from the wonderful world of the powers that be....the house of mouse made that call not the house of ideas

Jeff of the Miniacs

Pretty much what I thought, Jeff, about "Johnson". Not like a guy who's been alive and active in the world since the 40's would not probably have a LOT of long lost children. Nick's propbably got long lost great grandchildren out there.

And I like adding Coulson. He'd make a nice Avengers Government liason. Just darken his hair, looks a little too Gyrich in that picture.

I love the twisted logic Marvel went through to justify a new movie-friendly Nick Fury. And while I'm sure they'll try to kill Fury Sr. and push Fury Jr., I don't see it sticking.

Also, why is he wearing Cap's old uniform? It looks silly, partly because I associate it with Cap, and partly because it make him look like a super-hero, which he's not. Is he? What is Nick Fury Jr.'s purpose?

And it especially looks silly when his partner Coulson is wearing a suit, and everyone else in SHIELD is wearing the standard uniform.

If they'd only gone with Bruce Willis back in Iron Man, this wouldn't be an issue. For those who either don't know or have forgotten, Happy was very torn as to who to cast as Nick for his Iron Man cameo, Willis or Jackson, 616 or 1610 style Nick Fury. Ultimately it came down to SLJ because unlike Willis, Sam was really enthusiastic about the idea. Not surprising since SLJ had always been more of a character actor at heart and most of what Nick's done to this point are glorified cameos that Willis probably thought were beneath him.

Thus we have 616 Nick Junior, agent of SHIELD.

LOL Marvel, you're so crazy!

As I read this, the scenes from the new GIJoe trailer with Willis immediately popped into my head...

GI Joe > Marvel

everybody knows that.

Edited by karamazov80

If they'd only gone with Bruce Willis back in Iron Man, this wouldn't be an issue. For those who either don't know or have forgotten, Happy was very torn as to who to cast as Nick for his Iron Man cameo, Willis or Jackson, 616 or 1610 style Nick Fury. Ultimately it came down to SLJ because unlike Willis, Sam was really enthusiastic about the idea. Not surprising since SLJ had always been more of a character actor at heart and most of what Nick's done to this point are glorified cameos that Willis probably thought were beneath him.

Thus we have 616 Nick Junior, agent of SHIELD.

Bruce Willis would have been a terrible Nick Fury, honestly. I do not see him as Nick in the slightest.

Perfectly fine with Sam Jackson, but Marvel's trying to push the movie into 616 wayyyy too much. Hulk will be an Avenger again before we know it at this point.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face