UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

not sure if this has been addressed yet, but how many arrows does hawkeye come with? is it just one and the rest are sculpted in the quiver? or is it a bunch of the same arrow that all fit in the quiver?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case it matters to anyone, these should be up for a long time on TRU.com, long enough for everyone to complete the line-up. Hours ago there were only about 30 of each exclusive left, now there's over 100.

Gonna order them later on tonight or tomorrow.

And, Tenime, i'm gonna try to hunt one last time next week, but if not i'd be willing to take that Cap set off your hands. Let me know if that's alright. :highfive2:

So after getting the Avengers 'mates today, I decided to break down and pick up the Lego Quinjet that I have been eyeing for the last month or so.

I think this thing is perfect for Minimates! As you can see in the pix below, I managed to find a spot for all 7 Avengers, and even tweak a few of them using parts from the set. Of all the Avengers, Thor was the one that just didn't sit right with me for some reason. Inspired by Luke's recent foray into cloth capes, I decided to give the Thor Minimate the cape from the Lego Thor. It isn't a perfect scale fit, but it works to add just a little extra detail.

I also gave Iron Man the 'repulsor blast' Lego pieces, and I think those look awesome with the Minimate! Let me know what you guys think.

Avengers3.jpg

Avengers4.jpg

Avengers5.jpg

Avengers6.jpg

Avengers7.jpg

Avengers8.jpg

Avengers9.jpg

Avengers10.jpg

Avengers11.jpg

Avengers12.jpg

Here's are a couple quick comparison pictures.

With TRU raising the cost of the individual blind bagged Lego figures to $3.50 per pack (1 figure per pack), a Lego Minifigure and Minimate are roughly the same price per figure.

You tell me which is the better bargain... :lol:

Avengers-Compare.jpg

Avengers-Compare2.jpg

Edited by youbastards

I LOVE how that Quinjet looks.

One question, the SHIELD logo parts on the wings... will it look too naked with those gone? I'm a comic-version fan, after all, more than movie one.

Or maybe I can just find two of those pieces on the Lego site I can buy seperate or something?

Edited by Mystery Man

Or someone could make comic-based SHIELD stickers if anyone needed. :whistling:

I don't want comic SHIELD logo's, though. I want either Avengers "A"'s or nothin' at all. :biggrin:

But if the one that comes with this set is just a decal, I can simply leave it off and... and... and am I really considering payin $60 bucks for this?

I've gotta repeat my mantra: Must save money for multiple Kangs..."

I picked up a full set and a extras for an international boardie. This is easily the best set of movie figures yet, and each one of these figs are damn near perfect.

The only complaints I have overall, is 1. Hawkeye's hair piece covers up too much forehead (In the pics below I'm using a repainted a T-2 piece) and 2. Loki is just like the movie Red Skull, he's pretty much immobile. BUT he does look super bad-ass standing there.

6980034800_ba66f7be3b_z.jpg

7126219855_2e9f24817b.jpg

7126195667_c13ff643f0.jpg

7126198657_b3ee82dc68.jpg

6979997424_1bb0691646.jpg

6980121950_c46c18e271.jpg

6980114750_fca108c521.jpg

these are looking like beautiful mates, and I think you did a good job with that hairpiece Pun, Renner basically has a fivehead.

Interesting thing with the Loki make, and this isn't a film 'spoiler', but that look is his dressed down outfit... I don't think he wore the helmet once with that costume. When he had the helmet he reverted to his regal look, like when he was king for 5mins in Thor. Y'know... just another reason to lament that missing hairpiece.

these are looking like beautiful mates, and I think you did a good job with that hairpiece Pun, Renner basically has a fivehead.

Interesting thing with the Loki make, and this isn't a film 'spoiler', but that look is his dressed down outfit... I don't think he wore the helmet once with that costume. When he had the helmet he reverted to his regal look, like when he was king for 5mins in Thor. Y'know... just another reason to lament that missing hairpiece.

I dunno, it looks like in all the promotional headshots that he's wearing the helmet in this costume. The ones without the helmet don't have a cape and no gold on the shoulder pads. They are very similar, but i think this is the right Loki costume.

Hawkeye's hair looks like it comes down a little far, but it's not that bad. Maybe i'll change my mind when i have it in person, but it looks alright from the pics. GREAT pics btw, Punisher.

Anyone try a Mandarin hairpiece for Loki yet?

I did (just now, when you suggested it :P). A little too long, and not quite the same style, but close enough.

I'm sure the experts here can think of something better. Sorry we didn't give you the real thing. Pics when you get the chance!

Anyone try a Mandarin hairpiece for Loki yet?

I did (just now, when you suggested it :P). A little too long, and not quite the same style, but close enough.

Ironman's hair from...i think neo Classic is almost perfect, its a tad short but it looks spot on from the front, at least it did for the first movie...though its not as slick