UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

I'm getting one Redacted purely because I must have Maria Hill, but honestly I'm not big on the army building of stuff, so if anyone wants it, let me know.

If no one else takes you up on it, let me know. But you might be better off getting a Maria Hill from someone who's troop building redacted or just getting the variant pack also. I speak as one who has an army of JJJs, White Tigers, Crimson Vipers, Things, etc.

Pm me if u want to sell some of the JJJ's.

I've actually got a plan for them, but if it doesn't pan out I'll let you know.

Oddly, JJJ seems to be the most sought after troop builder throw off figure yet.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small modification to my Avengers Black Widow

Femme Fatales Dawn hair instead. If I had Champions Black Widow for the wrist things, I would be all set.

That's dead sexy. Way better than the hair she comes with, even if it doesn't exactly match her style in the movie. Great mod!

Edited by Lobsterman

This is going to be another one of those statements that make me sound like a rigid old hater. But... I liked it better when Tasha was kicking people and zapping them with the Widow's Bite bracelets than shooting people with guns. It just makes her seem so... common and ordinary. I understand them doing it for the movie and all, just not big on it in comics. QC looks great though, Geo.

This is going to be another one of those statements that make me sound like a rigid old hater. But... I liked it better when Tasha was kicking people and zapping them with the Widow's Bite bracelets than shooting people with guns. It just makes her seem so... common and ordinary. I understand them doing it for the movie and all, just not big on it in comics. QC looks great though, Geo.

I wasn't even born in that era and i still prefer her like that. One of the first times i "drew" Natalia (okay, i prefer that name) i was at my grandparents and so excited to show them this picture of her shooting darts from the Bite Bracelets (pretty sure i'm the only one of my friends who knows what they are, let alone the name) and it was great. They make her so incredibly unique, i wish writers would do more with them. I think she used them in her latest Mini (not the Avengers one) and Widowmaker??

The guns are cool, but a girl with just two bracelets to rely on, and usually wins? That's dangerous. (I miss her circle-belt too)

I wasn't even born in that era and i still prefer her like that. One of the first times i "drew" Natalia (okay, i prefer that name) i was at my grandparents and so excited to show them this picture of her shooting darts from the Bite Bracelets (pretty sure i'm the only one of my friends who knows what they are, let alone the name) and it was great. They make her so incredibly unique, i wish writers would do more with them. I think she used them in her latest Mini (not the Avengers one) and Widowmaker??

The guns are cool, but a girl with just two bracelets to rely on, and usually wins? That's dangerous. (I miss her circle-belt too)

I'm the same way. I grew up with her using the braclets and prefer her that way.

After seeing the "REDACTED" named in the first minute of the movie, with zero fanfare, gasps or fainting women, I have to say the secrecy over the name, and appearance, really seemed 100% pointless. They're redshirts.

In the movie, she actually does both. There are many times that she zaps a foe instead of shooting them. (I'm kind of a fangirl, so I was super excited to see her use the WB bracelets.)

In other related news, anyone else besides me a bit miffed that the Avengers Thor doesn't come with the hair he was previewed to have at ToyFare & on the control art -- instead he comes with civilian Thor hair? I'm actually pretty annoyed. In the movie his hair is longer (& looks exactly how DST previewed the 'mate). In my opinion, it throws the whole 'mate off & makes it look like a quick custom that someone threw together.

I'm the same way. I grew up with her using the braclets and prefer her that way.

Yeah, it bugs me too, but not nearly as much as seeing Captain America (Steve, not Bucky) toting firearms.

In the movie, she actually does both. There are many times that she zaps a foe instead of shooting them. (I'm kind of a fangirl, so I was super excited to see her use the WB bracelets.)

In other related news, anyone else besides me a bit miffed that the Avengers Thor doesn't come with the hair he was previewed to have at ToyFare & on the control art -- instead he comes with civilian Thor hair? I'm actually pretty annoyed. In the movie his hair is longer (& looks exactly how DST previewed the 'mate). In my opinion, it throws the whole 'mate off & makes it look like a quick custom that someone threw together.

You're probably alone in that complaint; most of us really didn't like the way that hairpiece looked. I think it was the ears.

You're probably alone in that complaint; most of us really didn't like the way that hairpiece looked. I think it was the ears.

Yeah, I mentioned that change a couple of months back, and everyone seemed relieved. Everyone said he looked like a member of Whitesnake.

I've been in & out the last couple, so I've missed some stuff apparently. :) Thanks, Zach!

Yeah, I guess he does sort of, but it is how he looks in the movie (& he looked GOOD in the movie).

Hair was a change for the better. The Hot Toys figure made it nice and overly detailed...but in the film it looks feathery and 80s. Not a good transition for the mate; short was the way to go.

Still unsure about Widow's pixie cut. Film looks okay, especially in that clip when she's on the phone with Coulson, but the mate looks a little odd. To me, i like her with flat or slightly wavy hair that cuts off at the shoulders. Still pretty, but not something she needs to, or should, be styling. But i don't like her ridiculous long curls or Russian bangs from the Defenders set, so i'm screwed till Cap 2, it seems. ;)

Geo, that Widow is gorgeous, and I may be stealing that idea.

After seeing the "REDACTED" named in the first minute of the movie, with zero fanfare, gasps or fainting women, I have to say the secrecy over the name, and appearance, really seemed 100% pointless. They're redshirts.

Yeah, it's, like, the 8th word spoken. :lol:

My package arrived today, so that was exciting. Until Widow's wrist peg shredded off the post in seconds after opening. Luckily, after waiting around/harassing in Toys R Us (kidding, they love me there!) they pulled a fresh unopened case of 12 from the back, so i got my set anyway.

Some of the best Minimates i've owned certainly. Loki is such great hand-candy; i can't put him down. MUCH improved over the Thor version (speaking of, rewatched Thor with my dad today, and i really just don't like that "King" look. Avengers nailed it). But Hawkeye is simply perfect, except for a little warping of the harness and nigh-impossibility to pose him shooting. Nitpicking aside, he's great. So is Widow now that she's all well again; need that Dawn hair though, the pixie cut isn't doing it for me. Decided to keep the face, however.

Idea for Hawkeye though: I know he doesn't wear the glasses much in Avengers, but i figure most of us like that look better, so if you have the extra head just sitting there, i'd get out Emil Blonsky's tactical vest, or Ult. Nick Fury's torso and Topher Grace's jacket, with Hunt-mate arms, and the legs of a HYDRA Pilot and make a spare "SHIELD Hawkeye" from the pics and Thor. (get the Thor mention now??)

Still waiting on Maria. I'm more excited for SHIELD merchandise than anything else, really.

(Oh, and a fun little thing: it was a good thing Widow broke. When i was in TRU i was offered a job, and am being interviewed Monday. SCORE!!!)