UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-RGB

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to get a happy one or at least pictures for the GBMMA. If someone who got a happy one can take pictures similar to those I've taken for the GBMMA please let me know and I'll give you full credit for them

To prove I am not lying, here's a shot of a translucent Stay-Puft. This one has no face, but don't panic -- it's not another variant, just a prototype.

421503904.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1318370997&Signature=WhiXM0iJjC5WY2PXL1GXyKWLTGw%3D

And have you guys seen this?

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=7080&e=product&pid=45293

Maybe it's just me but your pic's not showing up (broken image).

I'm curious... After the 4-pack of the Ghost versions of the Ghostbusters, are there any more Real Ghostbusters minimates planned? Like maybe the PeopleBusters or something?

Or could Extreme Ghostbusters be made maybe, or are they part of a different license?

It doesn't sound like it, Chuck mentioned in a recent Q&A that they were wrapping up the line, and had no plans to release any more episode-themed boxsets.

To me, RGB seems pretty much covered by the 2 TRU releases and LCS boxsets. Anything else would be milking the license dry.

He did mention that they are keeping tabs on the real possibility of a third movie, so keep your fingers crossed.

It doesn't sound like it, Chuck mentioned in a recent Q&A that they were wrapping up the line, and had no plans to release any more episode-themed boxsets.

To me, RGB seems pretty much covered by the 2 TRU releases and LCS boxsets. Anything else would be milking the license dry.

He did mention that they are keeping tabs on the real possibility of a third movie, so keep your fingers crossed.

Too bad. I think it'd be awesome to see just a few more things, like the Extreme Ghostbusters...

Kylie Griffin/Eduardo Rivera

Roland Jackson/Garrett Miller

Janine Melnitz/Egon Spengler

Slimer/Achira

That would cover their entire cast unless they also did older Peter, Winston, and Ray.

Kylie Griffin/Eduardo Rivera

Roland Jackson/Garrett Miller

Janine Melnitz/Egon Spengler

Slimer/Achira

That would cover their entire cast unless they also did older Peter, Winston, and Ray.

I think a box set of just Kylie, Eduardo, Roland, and Garrett would be best as the returning cast is pretty boring, that would be in my opinion the ideal end of the line since it caps it off nicely (movie->RGB->EGB just like the series!)

I’m sure it’s unlikely, I have no fond memories of the show it was after my time and didn’t seem popular since it went away pretty quick so I’m sure only the most diest hard of die hard fans would give a crap. But dammit, a set of cannon ghostbusters is still a set of cannon ghostbusters! (they’re cannon right? same with “Rookie”? until a new series/movie comes along and displaces them they’re ‘real’ right?) and I would buy them in a heart beat if the RGB waves/box sets sell well enough to justify another set...

but, eh, think I reached a point where I’m good with no more official Ghostbuster minimates I think ever character worth having their own minimate (see chart last page) has gotten a minimate and from here on we’re just getting stuff to be getting stuff... if Marvel ended tomorrow, I’d only see the lack of a new Colossus, Modern Rogue and Mystique, Mr.Fixit, and Maestro (hey, they’re the ones I want most), I only see the lack of Batman villains when I look at my DC minimates... but when I look at my Ghostbusters, I get a sense of “wow! look what I got!” not “ugh, I’m missing...” oh sure I could rattle off a wishlist, but that’s just my human need to want, as really when the dust settles I think they did good enough!

tl;dr: I want EGB, but I’m cool with the line ending.

(that said I’m still trying to figure out how to customize the EGB and how on model to make them when I do... because I get the strong feeling from the designs only Kylie and Eduardo were supposed to be ‘new’ since they have completely different looks and Roland and Garrett were supposed to be Winston and Ray’s redesigns since they’re wearing GB uniforms and at some point the decision was made only Egon would return so Ray got stuck in a wheel chair and they changed Winston’s outfit color. I’m not sure if I want to just capture their essence and make them match Eduardo and Kylie better or make them look like another Ray and Winston)

• 2 weeks later...

To date "Happy" Stay Puft Man is the only mate I have not opened and the longer it goes without another being found, the more likely it is that he will stay that way. Not sure if I'll ever consider getting rid of him, unless of course someone makes me an offer I can't refuse.

Here's a Stay Puft group pic I've been meaning to post.

Edited by Santos L Halper

Although I'm in agreement with just about everything you've all said about ol' Stay Puft........we all have him in our collections.......if you haven't,try finding one on evilbay for reasonable dosh :no:

Smiling Stay Puft is rarer than Angry whilst Glo Puft is off the scale pricewise so I'm surprised that we didn't get another Smiler.

Neither my kidneys or my liver are like they used to be but ........ :biggrin:

I have a one of kind error from BSG, but it's value is pretty much 'meh'. I'm doubiting that'll be the case with Happy Puft.

Is that the "red slipper variant" promo?

Yup. I always appreciated the fact that Chuck didn't know how it happened and how I'll never know where it came from.

• 3 weeks later...