UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Wars Box Set

drgnrbrn316

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! As of posting this (April 27, 6:22 am) Bonding Spider-Man is at 158 votes while Molecule Man closing in at 157 votes.

Well - now that it's 'old news' and not the Headline, the only people who are still voting are probably the fan-boys, rather than casual visitors to the site who will recognise SpiderMan before any of the other characters.

Hmm...just cjecked that blog again. ya know how it asks you to "vote" first, even if you already had, but had the option to just go to "View Results??" Yeah, i'm not getting that anymore. Is this just me?? I didn't think'd it end this soon, but the "Vote" feature is gone...

If this is true, then we have:

Captain Marvel

Storm

Spidey (BOOOOO!!)

Molecule Man (my vote, btw)

In that order. And Spidey still beat MM. What the hell?!

I will admit to being one of the ones that did cast a vote for Symbiote Bond Spidey. I honestly didn't see a lot mates within the selection that I, personally, have much of a desire to have as part of my collection. Couple that with the fact I do collect the Spidey minimates and it was a no-brainer for me to cast my vote with the old webhead. I also don't necessarily agree that if Spidey wasn't in the top four that there would be any guarantee we would see the same figure later. Mock ups are done up all the time, and the version could change if he wasn't one of the top vote-getters. As a result, I would rather be able to add Spidey to my collection now then wait for a potential release that may never occur.

I will admit to being one of the ones that did cast a vote for Symbiote Bond Spidey. I honestly didn't see a lot mates within the selection that I, personally, have much of a desire to have as part of my collection. Couple that with the fact I do collect the Spidey minimates and it was a no-brainer for me to cast my vote with the old webhead. I also don't necessarily agree that if Spidey wasn't in the top four that there would be any guarantee we would see the same figure later. Mock ups are done up all the time, and the version could change if he wasn't one of the top vote-getters. As a result, I would rather be able to add Spidey to my collection now then wait for a potential release that may never occur.

Yeah - thatsounds reasonable. Look - out of the options avaiable, i really only had any intrest in the females on offer, and more Specifically Storm because i read the X-titles. Since they were doing so well on there i Voted for Moecule man (which looks like he *might* make it in!!!)

At the end of the day, i'm happy to 'suffer' through the inclusion of another Spidey if it means we get Photon, Storm & Molecule Man. I just hope some of the other great designs (like energy form beyonder, Spiderwoman & Doom) still end up being made smoe day.

Yeah - thatsounds reasonable. Look - out of the options avaiable, i really only had any intrest in the females on offer, and more Specifically Storm because i read the X-titles. Since they were doing so well on there i Voted for Moecule man (which looks like he *might* make it in!!!)

At the end of the day, i'm happy to 'suffer' through the inclusion of another Spidey if it means we get Photon, Storm & Molecule Man. I just hope some of the other great designs (like energy form beyonder, Spiderwoman & Doom) still end up being made smoe day.

I still contend that, given the tidy selection of 8 characters with two variants, we're in for a double box set. At least I'm hoping for that, because I want every single one of these.

I seriously had no idea Spidey was so hated. I really thought it was a running gag. "Oh look, another Spidey. Hahaha *buys set*" type thing. I didn't know that yall were really that sick of him.

I mean, for me, Grim is bleh, we just got a good Doom, I'll die before I vote to reissue a variant, I don't have a clue who the rest of the people on the poll are. So it came down to Storm and Spidey for me. I like Spidey, I like the look of this one. (Remember how awesome SM3 TF Eddie was? I love that figure) so I really wanted to vote for him. Storm is okay but, come on, it's Storm Vs Spider-Man. Who do you think I'm gona vote for?

The Spidey hate probably comes in part from the fact that we just had a Spidey wave with 3 different Spideys, and then we got another Spidey in the heroes set. And just a few waves back, we had two movie Spidey waves released at the same time! If you brought up another Spidey in about a year, people might be more favorable toward it, but damn.

I think usually there is a *bit* less of an angry response to getting a new Spidey, but because we view this set as our one chance to actually choose 4 characters ourselves, and because it's entirely possible/probable that the several other cool mates in the poll won't be made otherwise, people here are taking it a bit more personally.

Like when Spidey popped up in his own wave recently, there was a general sense that it was okay, since we've gotten so many other sets and waves with less mainstream characters in the last few years, and it also meant getting a couple new villains alongside him...

But in this case, getting a Spidey means not getting something else -- and something we can specifically see that we want instead.

And by "we", I just mean a good percentage of board members. Personally, I'd be happy to get him. (Didn't vote for him though; don't yell at me!)

While looking at those weird numbers, I checked in on the poll, and it looks like in the last week Spidey has lost his 20 vote lead to both Molecule Man and Beyonder, who are now tied 1 vote below him... Oh and this puts all three in striking distance of Storm, since she's only 5 votes ahead of Spidey. Man I hope this nonsense doesn't knock Storm out of the set.

Edited by battlecat

While looking at those weird numbers, I checked in on the poll, and it looks like in the last week Spidey has lost his 20 vote lead to both Molecule Man and Beyonder, who are now tied 1 vote below him... Oh and this puts all three in striking distance of Storm, since she's only 5 votes ahead of Spidey. Man I hope this nonsense doesn't knock Storm out of the set.

As of this moment, if Beyonder gets two votes and MM gets one, they knock out Pete and give us the best 4-pack we could get at this point. VOTE NOW STRAGLERS!!

As of this moment, if Beyonder gets two votes and MM gets one, they knock out Pete and give us the best 4-pack we could get at this point. VOTE NOW STRAGLERS!!

Or you stragglers could vote Storm, since she's now been knocked out of the top 4 by all the "kick out Spidey" voting...

edit: oops, beat me to it.

Edited by battlecat

This is totally unacceptable. I made my 3 votes for Molecule Man strategically, assuming that Storm was a shoo-in. I'm not sure that I would buy the set at all if we don't get Mohawk Storm.

Well if we don't get Storm, we can blame those who voted multiple times for Molecule Man and Beyonder, forcing the folks at DST to vote multiple times for Spidey. ;)

I guess that's true, except that they started it! :D

Off to the computer lab. . .

I told my wife the other day to vote for the Molecule Man, but I don't think she did so yet. Now I have to tell her to vote for Storm....

EDIT: I just went to check the poll, and I dunno why, but it allowed me to vote again! So I voted for Storm this time, and she's now in a three way tie with the Molecule Man and the Beyonder. Spidey is about seven votes ahead of them.

Edited by hellpop

People, there's still a whole nother month to go on this. it could be any body's game. :)

Although, if we leave it as it with Storm, Beyonder and MM at 178 votes, we force DST's hand into doing a 5 pack. XD

Edited by TM2 Dinobot