UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Wars Box Set

drgnrbrn316

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But more importantly: Where is the Wrecking Crew?

The Wrecking Crew need to be released as a boxset of their own at some point. Getting any of the crew on their own basically kills any chance of us ever getting the full foursome

Edited by blizzerd

Beyonder and Molecule Man should be in this set.

Since the Beyonder is 3rd place in the poll, a lot of people obviously think he should be there too, but I still don't get it. In Secret Wars he's like this living universe/god thing with no physical form. Not some random disco dork.

Out of curiosity I looked up the Wiki page for Secret Wars II, where he does appear that way, and it says he chose the white suit and hairstyle to mimic Michael Jackson's look in 'Captain EO'.......... I mean seriously, 50+ plus people have chosen this mate over several great alternatives?

Anyway, I'm with you on Ben Grimm. About as exciting as a powered down Colossus or She-Hulk, still in the spandex. He looks like a wrestler.

Edited by battlecat

I voted for Beyonder. Man I wish I could pick the whole set, though, because then I would of voted for Beyonder, Energy Beyonder, Captain Marvel, and Molecule Man.

Wouldn't it be great if DST caved to our wishes and said "Screw the whole vote thing! These fans obviously want all 10 Secret Wars minimates. Let's make another TRU exclusive 10-pack like we did a few years back. That'll make em' all happy and us very rich."

post-85-1240056905_thumb.jpg

A boy can dream. :rolleyes:

How can Symbiote Bond Spider-man be beating Molecule Man?

It looks as if Captain Marvel, Storm, and Beyonder will get made, so come on people lets get some votes in for Molecule Man so they make another villian instead of Symbiote Bond Spider-man!

I went with Kirby Dots Beyonder, just because of how awesome and really befitting of the character I think it is (although that isn't to say that the disco look isn't totally rad). I would've gone with Monica, but I'm still holding out for a Nextwave boxed set to get her.

Edited by Andimus Prime

How can Symbiote Bond Spider-man be beating Molecule Man?

It looks as if Captain Marvel, Storm, and Beyonder will get made

Looks like infinite Spidey variations is what the people want after all -- DSTChuck had it right all along :P. I actually like this version a lot, but I wouldn't want him over Spider-woman, Doom etc...

Also, I wouldn't count your mates before they're hatched -- it's only been a day, and it says this poll is open for another month and a half. Things could still change a lot. Michael Jackson's already been knocked down to 4th (just), in the time since you posted...

Also, I need to stop checking this poll like an obsessive compulsive. It's just that it's so cool to see a direct impact from fans... Between this and the AFX suggestion box, and the Deadpool wave, it's a great time to be one!

This one is tough . . . I'd like to see more females and more villains. Cap Marvel looks great, but it'd also be awesome to finally see a 616 Storm get a mainstream release. I'm also a bit bummed about having never gotten myself a Julie Carpenter.

At the moment it's between Molecule Man, Storm & Capt Marvel. I'm thinking i'll vote MM just to give him a better chance of getting into the set, because Storm & Cap M both look pretty strong on their own.

Tough choice between Molecule Man and Captain Marvel (or Photon or Pulsar or whatever). But I think Monica would probably still be made down the line. Molecule Man and the Beyonder would never see the light of day unless there was a Secret Wars II set.

Klaw would have also been a good choice for the boxset. I doubt we'll see him otherwise.

I think it's too bad they can't make 'em all.

With exceptions of the Spidey, Spider-Woman, Ben Grimm, and the energy versions of the Beyonder and Cap. Marvel, they all really need to be made.

Except that within the context of the original Secret Wars comic storyline, the energy version of Beyonder is actually more accurate than the human (a.k.a. the "Disco") version.

Poor energy Cap Marvel. No love.

And yes, I am constantly checking the poll like a maniac as well. Who are the wackos who keep voting for Spider-Man?!??!! I'm hoping these are Minimate newbs who in fact have no idea how much Spidey is flooding the Marvel Minimate line.

EDIT: Check out Captain Marvel's concept art:

Secret-Wars-CaptainMarvel_NEW.jpg

Look at her cape. The ends attach to her hands. VERY handy reuse for when DST ever plans to release Jim Lee Storm (the white costume).

Edited by NorthRaider

At this point I have accepted that Spidey is just that popular. And let's face it, if he somehow didn't end up in the top 4, DST would surely decide to release a 5 mate set instead. Let's just be thankful there was no Wolverine option to vote for.

This guy, on the other hand...

post-1800-1240126756_thumb.jpg

........ seriously? Molecule Man, Spider-Woman or Doom need to make a surge and kick this guy to the curb! :)

At this point I have accepted that Spidey is just that popular. And let's face it, if he somehow didn't end up in the top 4, DST would surely decide to release a 5 mate set instead. Let's just be thankful there was no Wolverine option to vote for.

This guy, on the other hand...

post-1800-1240126756_thumb.jpg

........ seriously? Molecule Man, Spider-Woman or Doom need to make a surge and kick this guy to the curb! :)

You dont have to accept that spidey is popular just that the voting is rigged ;)<_<:lol:

I think on this forum we are the top tier of minimate collecters in essence if you have access here you can find out anything you need to know. We know there is around 30 different spideys to choose from depending on when you started collecting and your bank balance (Thank You Minimate Database.) So We in the know about these figures might not really want another spidey taking a slot for a figure that at another time may never see producton.

I would be very surprised Not to see spidey in this TRU boxset just along the linesof that TRU may have said we want a recognisable name that the casual buyer will recognise Spidey/Hulk/CapAm/IronMan the other 3 can be chosen but we want a big name.

All that passed I can still see these figures showing up in two packs at a later date. The only figures I can see being hard to pair up for a non themed boxset if they dont get picked are. Energy Beyonder and Ben Grimm.

I was going to vote on Cpt. Marvel or Storm but check the current results first: Both look like they will certainly be in that box set. Being third might be that Spidey and on forth place there are Beyonder and Molecule Man. So, if you like to get Spidey out of that box set (with all given respect and Spidey-love), you should vote on Beyonder (which I did) or Molecule Man right now, they seem to be the only ones to be able to outdistance him at the moment. :geek:

Looks like the Molecule Man is doing some campaining.

post-85-1240145852_thumb.jpg

Freaking sweet!!!Ivoted molecule although i have no idea about secret wars.

p.s. my computer made me choose twice (dont know why?) so i voted spiderman as i dont know many of the others besides storm ben grimm and spider woman and i am a big spidey fan.

also looking for wave 24 cheap in the uk

Edited by Monkey Lord 5000

Quick. anyone that hasn't voted: vote for Beyonder and/or Molecule Man. If were lucly they'll end in a tie, and we'll get a five-pack. :P

Seriously, i like the look of that Spidey, but get him the f**k out of there!! Not only can you release him regularly because it's Spidey, but he's taking key characters out of the running. Chuck and Matt, if you two are responsible for this so help me.