UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Wars Box Set

drgnrbrn316

I also wish they'd have added Lizard and Kang to the line-up.

Those are actually my two biggest wants.

And that Spider-Man does look neat but will be completely disappointing if they include that instead of a fourth character we need so much more for new characters in the line.

Edited by Mystery Man

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to go with Molecule Man. My first two picks are, not surprisingly, the front-runners, but that Molecule Man design looks very cool. I actually like the "transformation" Spidey, but new characters trump a variant, even a very cool one.

How can Symbiote Bond Spider-man be beating Molecule Man?

Probably because Molecule Man looks like arse . . .

(Don't worry - i voted for MM anyway. I have no idea who he is - he just looks like a bad guy & i know i'd rather have more new villains than another freaking SpiderMan variation)

It's making me kinda sick how all the votes are see-sawing the frontrunners.

Now Molecule man's got a pretty healthy-ish lead, but the Beyonder needs more votes.

To anyone who hasn't voted yet: PICK THE BEYONDER. Energy, Disco, I don't care! This guy pretty much caused the Secret Wars, for frak's sake! :P

Please, if you choose Beyonder, pick energy version! That way, you split the vote and ensure that Molecule Man beats him :)

I would prefer Beyonder to that wacky Spidey, but c'mon! Molecule Man! Plus, did Beyonder even look like that in Secret Wars I?

As I think about it, Dr. Doom there is the version we got with "Secret Wars" figures in the 80s. And though few will prefer them prior to getting their "regular" counterparts, how cool would the translucent "energy" figures look? I wish we could just get all of these guys! :(

Edited by karamazov80

Please, if you choose Beyonder, pick energy version! That way, you split the vote and ensure that Molecule Man beats him :)

I would prefer Beyonder to that wacky Spidey, but c'mon! Molecule Man! Plus, did Beyonder even look like that in Secret Wars I?

As I think about it, Dr. Doom there is the version we got with "Secret Wars" figures in the 80s. And though few will prefer them prior to getting their "regular" counterparts, how cool would the translucent "energy" figures look? I wish we could just get all of these guys! :(

ypu know I totally agree with you on this...I hope they find a way to get more of these guys out coughAFXcough...I had all the Secret Wars toys as a kid and I want that Doom minimate, the two energy forms are too awesome, that spidey looks very cool, storm is a must, the new hair on spiderwoman looks awesome, molecule man is another new bad guy always need that....even the Ben Grimm would be pretty cool....so there we go I was forced to vote for one(or two or more ;) )but really want the all

Jeff of the Miniacs

Edited by minijeff

You dont have to accept that spidey is popular just that the voting is rigged ;)<_<:lol:

Lol, I was thinking that the whole time! I think some DST and AA employees voted for Spider-Man a couple times. And for what? I think it's less the reason to have a Big 5 in the set, and more to save money, since they are all re-used parts.

Well, I guess I'll campaign for Beyonder.

*Beyonder: Change You Can Believe In*

Plus, did Beyonder even look like that in Secret Wars I?

No!!! Not at all! This is what I've been trying to point out... Beyonder had no human form in Secret Wars, only in its sequel, which is generally seen as awful. In the sequel he comes to earth and apparently bases his clothing/hairstyle on the equally awful Michael Jackson ( :blink: ) in order to blend in. Because he's so inconspicuous! :P

So for everyone saying Beyonder caused Secret Wars and is needed in the set -- you're voting for a bastardized version of him. From a crappy sequel. Who looks like Michael Jackson. Seriously.

Molecule Man basically *was* the human form of the Beyonder in the original series, since that's where all his powers came from. I just don't get why people voting out of nostalgia for Secret Wars (which Beyonder voters must be?) would rather have a mate who didn't appear in the series over one who did... Hell, even Spidey getting his symbiote has more validity in the set, since it was a pretty big moment in the character's history.

Also, I know everyone's joking, but nobody actually believes DST would rig their own fan poll, do you? They can release all the Spideys they want, whenever they want, however they want. They wouldn't bother faking a fan poll, it's just that people like Spideys. We don't, because we all have so many mates we just want new characters, but there are a lot more casual Minimate collectors who'd prefer a cool Spidey over obscure '80s characters -- I was one until a couple years ago. Even in this thread, more than one board member has (bravely :lol: ) admitted to voting for Spidey. I think this is another case of the confusion between what we generally want, and what the larger buying public do (DSS anyone?)...

/rant. ;)

*standing ovation*

Bravo, man. Thanks for putting all of this into perspective for the rest of us.

you're voting for a bastardized version of him. From a crappy sequel. Who looks like Michael Jackson. Seriously.

This made me laugh SO hard. :lol:

I was thinking that people might be voting for "energy" Beyonder as a proxy for his form(lessness) from SWI.

Also, just realizing that if they took a bit of artistic license and gave that Ben Grimm a more "Kirby-esque" face, I might have actually voted for him.

I was thinking that people might be voting for "energy" Beyonder as a proxy for his form(lessness) from SWI.

Well, yeah, that does make a bit more sense (still dressed like Jacko though). :) Still, that version isn't the one with the votes...

Thanks for the support, 'Raider! Good to know I'm not just crazy.

Anyway, apologies for the ranting and/or raving, the idea of a Jackson-inspired Minimate just seems so wrong. So Vote Molecule Man! And yay Storm! And I'll shut up now...

Uggghhh.... I was checking up on the results, and the Spiderman is pulling ahead of Storm. Central to the storyline crap aside, this IS THE chance to get mates they've never made before or at least new versions of old ones(i.e. Storm). All the complaints about ANOTHER Spiderman, and now he's gaining momentum. I'm sad now. :(;)

Anyway, apologies for the ranting and/or raving, the idea of a Jackson-inspired Minimate just seems so wrong. So Vote Molecule Man! And yay Storm! And I'll shut up now...

Man, if they did a "Thriller" box set (Thriller regular Michael, Thriller zombie Michael, Billie Jean Michael, Beat It Michael), I would be ALL over it!

Man, if they did a "Thriller" box set (Thriller regular Michael, Thriller zombie Michael, Billie Jean Michael, Beat It Michael), I would be ALL over it!

'We' Cosbaby fanatics are eagerly awaiting the imminent release of these classics post-638-1240263960_thumb.jpg

......I just can't wait :no:

'We' Cosbaby fanatics are eagerly awaiting the imminent release of these classics

......I just can't wait :no:

For a moment i read that as 'We COSBY fans' . . . and imagined a line of Bill Cosby minimates. The variant could have an X-Mas sweater instead of his regular Dr Huxtable knits. :D

Edited by Nessex

Those Japanese companies tend to do this--they get the great licenses, and we in the U.S. have to buy sub-par figures or do without. I can see those MJ figures being a "gateway drug" to Cosbabies for me, but I really hope not. They look so horrible :D

I voted for Spidey. I like him, and he's the only one I care about on that list. And I object to Julia Carpenter being on there. (can you tell I have a thing against variants being re-released?)

But we already have a transforming symbiote Spidey, don't we? Or was that from the movie waves?

I hope we get that Julia Carpenter somehow if not from this poll.