UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Wars Box Set

drgnrbrn316

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant we just vote the lot I would be happy with any of them. There is enough for two boxsets and 2 pack. Wow the mates just keep coming don't they!

My vote was the Non Energy Captain Marvel as I would rather have a new figure then another Spidey/Doom/Thing

We should probably all pool our resources and essentially force the box set we'd all be most happy with.

I'd say off the bat we can rule out the Spider people. After all, we've essentially gotten that Spider-Woman before, and if we don't get that Spider-man now, you can almost guarantee that he'll show up somewhere eventually.

I voted for Molecule Man, who is currently tied for second place with 4 votes with the regular Beyonder and that Spider-Man (seriously?). Regular Captain Marvel and Mohawk Storm are tied for first with 8 votes a piece.

Edited by blizzerd

If you're trying to pick the ones that encompass the Secret Wars series ... you have to go with:

Molecule Man

Beyonder

Doom

Ben Grimm

Also, this could be our only chance to get these figures ... whereas we could get Captain Marvel in an Avengers set and the split-Spidey almost anywhere else.

I'm campaining for Molecule Man. He was such a huge part of Secret Wars and will probably be overlooked.

VOTE MOLECULE MAN!

I'd say that this set would likely be the only chance to get your hands on Ben Grimm, since I just don't see him popping up into a future assortment. Beyonder is pretty much tied strongly into Secret War as well, which makes him a necessity. And Molecule Man probably never had much of an impact on the Marvel Universe outside of this storyline.

As for Spider-Man's current ranking, I wouldn't be surprised if DSTChuck were running around to all the computers in the DST offices and casting votes for the webhead.

If you're trying to pick the ones that encompass the Secret Wars series ... you have to go with:

Molecule Man

Beyonder

Doom

Ben Grimm

Also, this could be our only chance to get these figures ... whereas we could get Captain Marvel in an Avengers set and the split-Spidey almost anywhere else.

I'm campaining for Molecule Man. He was such a huge part of Secret Wars and will probably be overlooked.

VOTE MOLECULE MAN!

I couldn't agree more, and I cast my vote for Molecule Man.

Holy Crap In A Hat! It's too good to be true! Half of these guys were in my fantasy 4-pack picks for AFX next boxed set. Glad to see it'll come true to some degree. Hard choice for just one vote. Molecule Man, Beyonder, mohawk Storm... it's to hard to choose one, but I'll have to go with Captain Marvel II (non-energy). I hope the other three I mentionned make the cut.

I don't know why we need an updated version of Julia Carpenter's Spider-Woman? Titania would have been another ideal choice for this poll. Do you hear me DST?! TITANIA!

This is the third time I've typed this in the last five minutes: WHERE THE !@#$ IS KANG!?!?!?!?!

Not overly thilled with the options. I'd say there are three that I want: Molecule Man, Storm, and Captain Marvel. Spider-Woman is beautiful, but I already have one (and paid a lot for her). The Spidey is very cool but... no thanks. Ben Grimm? Meh. Beyonder? Meh. Doom? We just got a new Doom.

So for me it's basically down to Molecule Man and Storm. I just can't stand Storm, but her punk look is pretty cool. But we never get enough villains, so... Molecule Man it is.

Man, there are just so many cool characters that people really want in that series that they could make. Kang... the Wrecker... the Lizard...

Maybe this will help me make a better decision...

The ones that are most capturing my attention are both Beyonders, both Captain Marvels, skinjob Ben Grimm and mohawk Storm. Julia Carpenter looks pretty in the concept art, but choosing her would probably reopen that whole wave 2/wave 24 Black Spidey can of worms...

Wow, I can't believe I'm actually doing this, but I WANT that Monica Rambeau minimate. I voted Captain Marvel.

I wish DST would somehow shoehorn the other non-boxset characters (except maybe Symbiote Bond Spider-Man :blink:) in a regular wave.

This is the third time I've typed this in the last five minutes: WHERE THE !@#$ IS KANG!?!?!?!?!

We've been spreading Kang love for about a month now over at MMHQ. He even ranked higher than Mac Gargan Spidey and Sentry in our Dark Avengers poll. I'm sure he'll make the transition to Minimate form sooner rather than later.

We've been spreading Kang love for about a month now over at MMHQ. He even ranked higher than Mac Gargan Spidey and Sentry in our Dark Avengers poll. I'm sure he'll make the transition to Minimate form sooner rather than later.

Yeah, I'm actually glad Kang is NOT in this poll. This gives us a chance to get more obscure characters. We will get a Kang in a normal wave eventually, but a Molecule Man? Not a chance.

Art Asylum is having a poll where fans pick the line-up for a Secret Wars box set to be available at Toys R Us.

Check it out!

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/04/poll...wars-minimates/

Shouldn't that read " Art Asylum is having a poll where fans pick the line-up for a Secret Wars box set that will be readily available on ebay although unavailable from many TRUs or TRU.com" ? :rolleyes:

Art Asylum is having a poll where fans pick the line-up for a Secret Wars box set to be available at Toys R Us.

Check it out!

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/04/poll...wars-minimates/

Shouldn't that read " Art Asylum is having a poll where fans pick the line-up for a Secret Wars box set that will be readily available on ebay although unavailable from many TRUs or TRU.com" ? :rolleyes:

Probably, but TRU has been getting a bit better about stocking this stuff. The latest Wolverine crap is on their website now, and my local TRU is starting to stock them again, something they haven't done since probably the TRU 10-pack.

Of course, it still sucks for all you poor international folk who either don't have Toys R Us stores on hand or Minimate availability in general. Maybe I should take another look at kick starting the Minimates Initiative. :ermm:

I’m torn, if I want this set to sell to the masses, I think Spidey and at least one other recognizable character needs to be in this set. Plus the big baddie.

Spidey/Storm/Ben Grimm/Beyonder

A set full of unknowns (to the masses) is risky and if it doesn’t sell, will it be a strike against future waves in TRU? But, will we ever get another chance like this? I don’t know…