UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Wars Box Set

drgnrbrn316

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we've talked about her on the board before, but I never seriously thought they'd make a mohawk Storm! :)

Also, this may just be my foggy memories of the 1980s, but did the Beyonder ever actually show up in his cheesy disco form in Secret Wars? I remember seeing him on the cover for Secret Wars 2, which I never read, but I don't remember him taking a human form in the original series....?

I know we've talked about her on the board before, but I never seriously thought they'd make a mohawk Storm! :)

Also, this may just be my foggy memories of the 1980s, but did the Beyonder ever actually show up in his cheesy disco form in Secret Wars? I remember seeing him on the cover for Secret Wars 2, which I never read, but I don't remember him taking a human form in the original series....?

No, you're correct. He didn't take human form until SW2. Therefore, all votes for him should be invalidated, or moved to the SW2 box set, which will include, I dunno, Boom-Boom and Circuit Breaker or something....

I voted for energy beyonder, but i really want molecule man, captain marvel in either form (nextwave anyone) and doom. The storm, spidey and ben are likely to end up as the top contenders. Even if they accept our votes they are still going to want the set to sell, so they will probably throw in their own 2 cents.

I suppose it was pretty selfish of me, as we already have a minimate of her, but I had to go with Spiderwoman. The new design looks amazing :)

same here, but I didn't vote for her, i went for the mohawk storm...but i would have chosen her, if they let you choose more!!

It was tough only being able to vote for one, like Dio said, we should've been able to vote for 4! But after alot of consideration I voted for Ben Grimm, as we've had alot of different "Thing" minimates but the odds of actually getting him in his human form are highly unlikely. So I really hope he makes it into the boxset...or as a variant ;)

Mohawk Storm is another cool idea, but I still see her as a variant and would rather have a highly detailed 90's Jim Lee Storm in white.

I hope we get to vote on some more sets in the future :)

Seriously, how is Bond Spider-Man garnering so many votes? I smell a rat.

Thank God I have many, many computers with which to stuff the ballot box. I will not buy this set out of protest if Bond Spider-Man wins a spot in this boxset. I'll take any except another damn Spider-Man.

I have a theory.

If you'll notice, there are conveniently just enough characters for two box sets, with both Beyonder and Captain Marvel having "chase variants." It occurred to me that this may be a ploy to help them determine how to split them up and distribute the characters across each box by relative popularity.

Then when they announce at the end of all of this that there will really be 2 box sets, it'll look like they're doing us a big favor. Great PR. However, it will really suck trying to pin down those variants...

This is just a guess on my part, mind you.

If the voting trends continue, and this pans out, looks like we may see a split like this:

Box 1:

Storm

Beyonder

Molecule Man

Doctor Doom

Box 2:

Captain Marvel

Symbiote Transformation Spidey

Spider-Woman

Ben Grimm

Thoughts? Does this seem like a possibility? Am I crazy?

Am I crazy?

It did seem weird to me that they would take the time to actually design six minimates that won't see production... It'd be one thing to show comic art and vote, but designing them all takes up their employees' valuable time. Or is the DST office like one of those internet boom offices, where everyone plays foosball and pogo-sticks around all day? Then I guess they'd have lots of free time...

So no, it's not that crazy.

Edited by battlecat

In all fairness, there's no telling how many character sheets they have lying around the AA/DST offices. Same goes for lists of box sets that might or might not ever see the light of day. For all we know, there are design sheets and line-up lists for every team in the Marvel universe.

Haven't read this thread at all, but i'll be voting for:

Ben Grimm (looks awsome and i was thinking today that the F4 need updates)

Beyonder (Energy Form) (If we can't get AoA Sunfire than this is damn close enough, and looks effin awsome)

Doctor Doom (It's the Doom i've always wanted, not the TRU/Villains piece o' crap)

Here's where i'm stuck. I dunno wether to vote in Captain Marvel or Julia. I love Julia, but want another new character in the line-up. Help??

And AWSOME idea DST. You need to do this more often...like perhaps wave 30?? hinthintwinkwinknodnod

Some thoughts:

• Nice reuse of parts. I think Storm's mohawk and Monica's cape and hair are the only new pieces. Way to economize.

• If anyone wanted to make a black suit Spidey like the original chase one, without the slip-on mask, that transformation Spidey's head + the original, still-fairly-easy-to-obtain Venom is the ticket.

• I'm curious to see how they will (might) make Monica's cape thing work.

• Energy form Beyonder = easy Sunspot custom...

In case you haven't seen it yet: Secret Wars concept art gallery

A few fun facts:

-The Secret Wars Spider-Woman has a new hair sculpt... a braided one.

-Storm's mohawk looks removable.

-Symbiote Bond Spidey comes with a removable mask... underneath it, another Spidey mask. :blink:

Edited by NorthRaider

A few fun facts:

-Symbiote Bond Spidey comes with a removable mask... underneath it, another Spidey mask. :blink:

You know, Raider, i'm not sure about that Spidey mask theory. If you look closely at the stats, you can see paint colors for Hair AND eyes, not to mention skin tone. I think it's an alternate head. I gotta say, i really didn't wanna like this Spidey. He's as pointless as Trans-Spidey from the Movie wave...but looks damn cool! Never want him voted in, but would still be a nice companion to Back in Black and Heroes Spidey. :blush:

And after seeing Julia's braid, she is officially in my list.

Seriously, how is Bond Spider-Man garnering so many votes? I smell a rat.

Thank God I have many, many computers with which to stuff the ballot box. I will not buy this set out of protest if Bond Spider-Man wins a spot in this boxset. I'll take any except another damn Spider-Man.

Agreed. Something is not right here...

As for me, I went with Monica, regular form. The more Avengers, the better.

2) Molecule Man

3) The Beyonder

4) Ben Grimm

Mohawk Storm looks like she'd make a nice minimate, but I refuse to vote for her based on the fact that there enough people out there that collect nothing but X-Men that will skew these results. Broaden your horizons you mopes ! :D

Edited by sha_ckwave

well I voted for Captain Marvel seriously would not get her otherwise and my Avengers DEMAND IT!!!

but I am heart broken no Kang....

so let me ask this the top 4 make it into the set?

VOTE CAPTAIN MARVEL

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL AVENGERS

oh and ps FUCK BONDING SPIDERMAN

moc847

A few fun facts:

You know, Raider, i'm not sure about that Spidey mask theory. If you look closely at the stats, you can see paint colors for Hair AND eyes, not to mention skin tone. I think it's an alternate head. I gotta say, i really didn't wanna like this Spidey. He's as pointless as Trans-Spidey from the Movie wave...but looks damn cool! Never want him voted in, but would still be a nice companion to Back in Black and Heroes Spidey. :blush:

And after seeing Julia's braid, she is officially in my list.

I don't know. It pretty clearly looks to me like a removable mask with a spidey-mask underneath. There might be colors, but there aren't pieces. Either way, who is voting for this one? Seriously? WHO? STOP!!!!!

Ben Grimm is kind of ugly, imo.

Doom looks even cooler after seeing the control art. Removable chest piece with art underneath? Awesome.

Beyonder and Molecule Man should be in this set.

But I can't decide if I would rather have that sweet Storm or that magnificent Capt. Marvel.

But more importantly: Where is the Wrecking Crew?