UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok guys i checked the entire thread and wnted to ask this question,what ilse are these in?i go to TRU about once a week and i look everywere!are they with the BSG stuff,or did i just mis out?what line up would they usually be with?everytime i look,i feel like there are right in front of my face!just if some one can help me out by telling me what lane there in and if this helps im in san ysidro CA.

delete if you feel its piontless

I have found them in both ilses. With the marvel guys mixed in and next to the bsg. I would look throug the rows in each just to be sure. It also would not hurt to check out another tru. For example of the 2 tru in Tucson one has a much better selection of movie minimates and is a bigger tru BUT the smaller tru that I go to has a better selection ( or at least newer) of marvel but only get one box of the other mates.

• 1 month later...
Having spent most of today researching for the 'price guide' ( historical Target ,TRU,Wal-mart,K-Mart stuff) I began to realise how many Minimates have been re-released . I can't believe considering the success of TRU Ghostbuster Minimates that they won't be re-released in another format/package, it'll hardly be a precedent.

:whistling:

Edited by buttheadsmate

A couple days ago I find out half of my Hot Toys collection is gonna plummet in price with this year's updated releases, now I hear the same about my reasonably valuable Minimates. Glad I'm not one to collect with intention of having rare/valuable things.

Just read yesterday that Medicom is re-releasing a whole slew of previously released Disney figures as Kubrick 2-packs. I guess this is the new trend in the mini-figure world.

The first ones are hitting ebay.

A couple days ago I find out half of my Hot Toys collection is gonna plummet in price with this year's updated releases, now I hear the same about my reasonably valuable Minimates. Glad I'm not one to collect with intention of having rare/valuable things.

Just read yesterday that Medicom is re-releasing a whole slew of previously released Disney figures as Kubrick 2-packs. I guess this is the new trend in the mini-figure world.

There can't be anybody more pissed-off than me about the Medicom kick in the guts but I see the Minimate Ghostbusters relaunch as a level-headed response from TRU & AA/DST .....I just can't blame them & I actually applaud it because so many fans were disappointed not to get these the first time around. The 'tweaks' will also satisfy those dumbass completists as well. ;) I do so hope that the scalpers won't see these as yet another opportunity but like I've said they are already being marked up on ebay <_<

Edited by buttheadsmate

Having spent most of today researching for the 'price guide' ( historical Target ,TRU,Wal-mart,K-Mart stuff) I began to realise how many Minimates have been re-released . I can't believe considering the success of TRU Ghostbuster Minimates that they won't be re-released in another format/package, it'll hardly be a precedent.

:whistling:

Now predict my future oh great prognosticator.

This would have been the perfect opportunity for DST to release a GB2 Egon.

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure he'll show up at some point soon. I can't see us getting a Walter Peck and not a GB2 Egon.

Hes Coming With The Ecto-1 Minimate Vehicle!He Has To!

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure he'll show up at some point soon. I can't see us getting a Walter Peck and not a GB2 Egon.

That makes sense, but I'd rather see the Ecto-1 come with cigarette smoking Ray..

That makes sense, but I'd rather see the Ecto-1 come with cigarette smoking Ray..

While I know there was one with DSS I highly doubt we'll see Ray smoking a cigarette.

I walked into TRU today and they had nothing. Anywhere. They were cleaned out at Christmas and haven't restocked anything yet. No Minimates (other than BSG, of course), no GI Joe, barely any Star Wars, no Marvel figures, nothing. It was mostly a wasted trip, but since I had a gift card and am impulsive I still found something.

Funny thing is... I went to an out of town TRU while my son was participating in a school event. I saw the GB mates and was surprised that Egon & the Library Ghost had survived the holiday blitz, as well as all the other GB mates on the shelves - especially since they were cleaned out of every other type of minimates.

It wasn't until I got home that I found out about the re-release GB wave and the variant Slimer & Louis Tully.

Firtunately, I got another chance to go back yesterday and grab up the Peter/ variant Slimer and variant Louis/Slimer packs. Just got lucky there - none of the TRU's in my area have rec'd those sets yet.

By the way - for those still looking - I got those from the TRU on Winchester Blvd (by the Winchester Mystery House) in San Jose. They were in the Marvel aisle, and they still had quite a few sets when I went back on Saturday.