UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

I couldn't stand Louis not having ear muffs, so I fixed him (and gave him a haircut while I was at it):

Louis.jpg

While I was at it, I also decided to give my GB2 Winston Jim Rhodes' hairpiece to make him a bit more movie accurate with his more '90s-ish hairstyle. I might change it back, but I wanted this Winston to have bigger hair than the other version:

Winston.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't stand Louis not having ear muffs, so I fixed him (and gave him a haircut while I was at it):

Louis.jpg

But the other guy had the ear muffs:

eliteboardshop_brew2.jpg

Seriously though, that's pretty cool. What are they made out of?

Today I got 5 individual packages from TRU.com. Three envelopes & two boxes, each with a single pack of GB mates - even though I ordered them all at the same time. Funny thing is - I've been tracking these since they left the warehouse and the boxes (which were shipped and rec'd at the Distribution center) got a 3-day head start and spent an extra 3-day layover at the post office hub. I guess if it's in a box, the Post Office gets to take their sweet a$$ time. I'm just happy these all showed up

I got a reply back from TRU today on the status of my GB series 2 pre-orders, and was told that "your pre-order has an estimated release date of 10/9/09".

I guess the TRU rep thought I was making stuff up when I mentioned these were already shipping out. These are all listed as "out-of-stock" on the website so either A) they are getting another big shipment in the next month to fill out more orders or B) they are going to wait until October before cancelling my pre-order.

Mine were just cancelled outright, but in asking about a partial shipping refund, I was told that they expected stock later in the month. I asked why they didn't just keep my pre-order until the new stock arrived, and received no response.

One good thing about TRU.com is that its always an adventure. :)

It is odd how these things have shipped for different people. For instance, one person said Ray was one of the first ones they got this go round, whereas he was the last one I received, arriving almost a week later than the rest. If they were breaking down cases into separate piles, then just going from one item to the next, you'd think we all would get them in the same order.

My TRU got wave 2 last thursday morning and I went in and picked mine up first thing and then when I went back in to the store on my lunch break later in the day the whole peg was empty! These things fly right off the shelf, this same thing happened when wave 1 showed up too. If nothing else at least TRU can see how awesome minimates are and will continue to carry new ones.

Well, have never seen wave 1 of Ghostbuster minimates at my TRU in Central IL (B/N area). I did find three of the wave 2 on the shelf the otherday. I got Lewis and Slimer, Peter and energized Terror Dog, Ray and Stay Puft. I did not see Lab Egon or Winston.

I so wish I had the library ghost and the clear Slimer. That is all I wanted from the first wave.

I missed ordering them online.

Thank you.

FYI: For those looking to round out/accessorize the GB mates with the giant Staypuft bank - Urban Outfitters has the smiley version for $24.

I have the "angry" version and can attest to it's greatness. When not in "play-mode", it doubles as a great bin to store your GB 'mates in! ;)

My only gripe is that the arms seem like they should move (since they're separate roto-pieces) but don't due to the shoulders having more of an oval shape.

Hey Washington people, the Bellevue Toys R Us had a full case of Ghostbusters wave 2 on the pegs at about 4:30 this afternoon. I got a full set, so there's still a full set and a couple extras waiting for a home.

And now they're in Everett (WA), too. Didn't check Lynnwood, but odds are good they've received some.

Heres something I found while bumming around on facebook today...it was linked to our pal Nervous and I checked it out as well....time to dig out some card stock a nd get building!

http://www.millionaireplayboy.com/mpb/?p=4562

Jeff of the Miniacs

Those back drops are bloody amazing! Makes me wish those were the real deal. Damn!

Heres something I found while bumming around on facebook today...it was linked to our pal Nervous and I checked it out as well....time to dig out some card stock a nd get building!

http://www.millionaireplayboy.com/mpb/?p=4562

Jeff of the Miniacs

These are great. I have the ST Transporter & the BTTF Billboard from a few months back. I never did sit down and take time to make the DeLorean (but I still have all of the sheets).

I can't wait to get a little cardstock and shoot these through the color laser printer at work.