UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if the other 2 packs besides the slimer packs have any variations from the originals?

The Loius Tully mate has the proper name tag (Spengler) on his GB uniform. The original had Tully printed on it which (moviewise) was inaccurate.

There are more figures for them to make if needed. I would love to get a Ray and Winston with slime cannons, i'm sure they could also release some generic ghosts similar to the Washington Square ghost that looked nothing like it did in the movie.

So maybe wave 4:

Slime Cannon Ray/Janosz

Slime Cannon Winston/GB1 Janine

Pink Slime Covered GB2 Ray/Unpossesed Dana (and Oscar of course)lol

Hard Hat Peter/Generic Ghost

That way we get more of the supporting cast.

However, I do reckon Wave 3 could be the last. Quit while they're ahead may be the thinking.

Hopefully not though :biggrin:

Going off of yours, we don't really need a "generic ghost." The way i see it, there is still one ghost left:

"Mary Poppins" Janosz. :yes: Put him in a two-pack with Unpossesed Dana (wih Oscar to fit in carriage) and you've got one hell of a two-pack.

I went to my TRU today and saw they restocked some Ghostbusters Mates.....Much happiness since I was able to pick up the Happy version Staypuft, been looking for that one for a while.

Saw this set also, and REALLY wasn't impressed with the Slimer so I passed:

IMG_4275.jpg

They should make 'the most boringest 4-pack EVER" to fill out the cast:

-unpossessed Dana

-unpossessed/non-Ghostbuster Louis

-Janosz NOT dressed like Marry Poppins

-Winston in the clothes he wore when he applied for the job. (we've got 5 Egons/Peters, 4 Rays, and 3 Winstons, we need another Winston!)

Slime pack Ray/Peter, Marry Poppins Janosz, random ghostes, (and I wouldn't mind both a GitD Terror Dog and a statue form Terror Dog either)... those can be sold in TRU 2-packs, but where else besides "THE MOST BORINGEST 4-PACK EVER" can 4 vanilla civilian-suits find a home and still maybe sell?

I just realized that etoys (owned by TRU) has the best of series in stock here. I find it real interesting that they had them before tru.com had them since they usually seem to only get leftovers that won't sell.

It looks like they are on the TRU site as well, but just not reachable using their search function. Plugging the item numbers from the etoys site into the TRU URL gives these pages:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3890364

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3890363

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3890353

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3890352

Current stock numbers are 90 for Egon/Librarian and Slimed Pete/Slimer, and 44 for Ray/StayPuft and Luis/Slimer.

The stock counts match for both sites so there's probably no difference in ordering between etoys and TRU. Same warehouse, same crushed boxes in padded envelopes.

I know there's been some handwringing over on the Q&A thread about this line ending. But looking at everything that's been made, cartoon (which is off limits) and next movie (which we pray doesn't super suck) not withstanding, what is really left? The civiliians clothes they ran from the library ghost in at the begining of the first one? Louis with a colinder on his head? The Statue of Liberty? Are there enough characters left to warrent another wave or set?

Louis with a colinder on his head? The Statue of Liberty?

Actually my wife wants the Statue of Liberty, but as a playset with enough room to put the Ghostbusters in her head. And it has to have a sound chip that has Bill Murray singing "Your Love Is Lifting Me Higher".

As a matter of fact, I think scale-wise Minimates would are an even better fit for that Lady Liberty playset than the actual Toybiz figures it came with. IIRC the statue was built big enough that her crown served as a viewing deck.

I think it's the perfect scale also (I never understood the scale of that thing for 6in figures...) I actually broke down and put a bid on one (I'm so compulsive). I think the thing is mostly hollow and that you could easily cut out the windows in the crown. Or I'll be completely wasting my money on it.

One of the Planet of the Apes Kubrick sets comes with a smaller Lady Liberty, if scale isn't a concern and you don't mind the statue looking a bit beat up (as I recall, it was pretty beat up at the end of GB 2, but I haven't seen it in so long that I might be wrong):

http://www.medicomtoystore.com/Resources/spotakbkc1.jpeg

I know there's been some handwringing over on the Q&A thread about this line ending.

Is the line really ending?

I took that line to mean "we finished off the existing sets so if sales don't justify a wave 4/boxset 4 there's no hanging ends" to avoid the same problems Rocky, LotR, Street Fighter, DC, and BSG (?) had rather then "this is it! walk away! dust hands and we're done!"

Like if sales were there they could throw together a wave 4/boxset 4/figure out a variant to go with the Ecto-1 but if there's a massive drop in sales because the videogame's not as hot now keeping the franchise in people's minds, and if Mattel has stolen away all the potential money to be had in GB sales with their less-awesome-but-larger figures so no one wants mates anymore and people just aren't into Pope-mobile-pick-up-truck Time Machines we're not staring at our collections saying "hey wait... we only have 3 of the guys in GB2 uniforms, I guess I can put Lab Egon with them. And None of the headliner ghost from Ghostbusters 2? but we got two very minor ghost from the movie, yay... And what's the deal with this random suited Peter?! But hey, I have 4 different Stay Pufts, 4 different Slimers, 3 different Terror Dogs, and TWO identical versions of each GB1 Ghostbuster, so at least they used every space in the line effectively"

I know there's been some handwringing over on the Q&A thread about this line ending.

Is the line really ending?

I took that line to mean "we finished off the existing sets so if sales don't justify a wave 4/boxset 4 there's no hanging ends" to avoid the same problems Rocky, LotR, Street Fighter, DC, and BSG (?) had rather then "this is it! walk away! dust hands and we're done!"

Like if sales were there they could throw together a wave 4/boxset 4/figure out a variant to go with the Ecto-1 but if there's a massive drop in sales because the videogame's not as hot now keeping the franchise in people's minds, and if Mattel has stolen away all the potential money to be had in GB sales with their less-awesome-but-larger figures so no one wants mates anymore and people just aren't into Pope-mobile-pick-up-truck Time Machines we're not staring at our collections saying "hey wait... we only have 3 of the guys in GB2 uniforms, I guess I can put Lab Egon with them. And None of the headliner ghost from Ghostbusters 2? but we got two very minor ghost from the movie, yay... And what's the deal with this random suited Peter?! But hey, I have 4 different Stay Pufts, 4 different Slimers, 3 different Terror Dogs, and TWO identical versions of each GB1 Ghostbuster, so at least they used every space in the line effectively"

...I'm guessing you missed the posts on the previous pages, Diamond's page, AND the Minimate Headquarters' post about GB TRU Wave 3, which giives us all:

GB2 Egon

Courtroom Egon

Courtroom Ray

Scoleri #1

Scoleri #2

Viggo the Carpathian

"Psychic" Peter

Titanic Captain Ghost

Looks like a lot of your "demands" for the line before it ends are in there... :blink:

Looks like a lot of your "demands" for the line before it ends are in there... :blink:

oh no, I know about TRU wave 3 that little ramble at the end was a hypothetical comment like "What if Viggo, GB2 Egon, and Janine were saved for a 4th Box set" but then Box set 3 (which we'll pretend in this case has slightly gooey Peter in place of Janine) doesn't sell at all so box set 4 gets canceled.

well maybe those 3 could end up in TRU wave 4? But without Viggo and Egon anchoring wave 3 it might not sell! (there'd be no uniformed Ghostbuster or Headliner Ghost, Psychic Peter and Titanic Captain aren't exactly huge draws and could warm pegs once the Scollari sets are gone) So now TRU isn't going to pick up another wave

well maybe one of them could come with the TRU Ecto-1 and the other with the PX Ecto-1a?! ah, but no one wants pope-mobile time machine so there's not gonna be a second wave of Mini-Flyers...

so in summation: I took the comment in Q&A to mean "if the line ends after Wave/Boxset 3 we've essentially finsihed the line" explaining why so many sets are 'wrapped up' not "we're ending the line after wave/boxset 3" meaning there's no chance we'll ever see a 4th wave/boxset.

with louis tully and clear slimer out with the modifications,does that mean that technically the originals would be rarer?

I don't see how that would be the case. There are still the same number out there. I guess if people started destroying their older, "inferior" ones and replaced them with the updates, they would be rarer.