UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

i also found a case of these, i got louis and slimmer pack and completed the wave! looks like they are restocking these, which is really cool. if anyone is still looking for them drop me a line. they still had zombie taxi driver, egon and runner, i guess that is it? but if you let me know i might be able to stop on my way home from work.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya'know, I geeked out a bit reading hte bios on the back of the packages for Stay-Puft and Slimer since they make refrence to the RGB cartoon in Stay-Puft (him later aiding the Ghostbuster) and Hi-C Ecto Cooler in Slimers :lol: /

that sounds funny. i am glad i still have the package, that will be some good bathroom reading.

Gb2minimateposter.jpg

Awesome, the local TRU finally stocked the second wave! Since I'm in sort of a lockdown with spending money, I only picked up the Ray and Winston sets...and man, it is so utterly satisfying to finally have a complete, consistent GB team after all these years! (I had the Kenner Screamers for Ray, Peter and Egon while I had Winston in some sort of space suit. :lol: )

I only have one problem: I can't seem to get the Ecto-Goggles to stay on Ray's huge hair. Anyone else having trouble with this?

Edited by Brad Redfield

I only have one problem: I can't seem to get the Ecto-Goggles to stay on Ray's huge hair. Anyone else having trouble with this?

It took a bit of effort but I got them on eventually. Try fitting the indentation in the goggles onto the front of his hair and then push the strap over the back.

Ya know, i am seriously considering spending some cash on one of those banks for the sake of GB minimates alone...i'll have nothing to put IN the bank afterwards, but still...:blush:

Any really good words about them?? Worth it?? Or is it worth waiting to find at Big Apple Con??

Well, you can always use it to store your GB 'mates in; that's what I've been doing until I can designate a display place for these. I've got the "angry version", but they're both equally wonderful (though I wish the arms were movable) and look great as a center-piece to the line. Despite it's lack of articulation (and "official Minimate" moniker), it's every bit an essential part of the line (more-so than the multitude of 'lil-Pufts...they just don't do it for me personally) IMHO. Get one while you can, you won't regret it! ;)

Ya know, i am seriously considering spending some cash on one of those banks for the sake of GB minimates alone...i'll have nothing to put IN the bank afterwards, but still...:blush:

Any really good words about them?? Worth it?? Or is it worth waiting to find at Big Apple Con??

Well, you can always use it to store your GB 'mates in; that's what I've been doing until I can designate a display place for these. I've got the "angry version", but they're both equally wonderful (though I wish the arms were movable) and look great as a center-piece to the line. Despite it's lack of articulation (and "official Minimate" moniker), it's every bit an essential part of the line (more-so than the multitude of 'lil-Pufts...they just don't do it for me personally) IMHO. Get one while you can, you won't regret it! ;)

If anyone is looking for the SDCC 2-pack, I have some extras that I'm trying to sell/trade. The only set I'm missing is Egon/Library Ghost... does anyone have an extra one that they could trade to a desperate GB fan? PLEASE?!

Not sure I understand, Dio. Why were they disgruntled? And they paid $40 for a single figure?

I was just guessing how they were feeling, but I know that that auction sold a few minutes after the single Library Ghost ended, and I'm sure that the person bought the two pack after losing the auction that sold for $17:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ghosbusters-minimates-...id=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/DR-EGON-SPENGLER-LIBRA...id=p3286.c0.m14

• 2 weeks later...

They must have found quite a few more cases squirreled away in the back of the warehouse. The numbers don't seem high enough to attribute this to DST producing a second run. As of this post they've got:

396 Slimer/Slimed Venkman

451 Winston/Terror Dog

317 Egon/Librarian

268 Gooey Ray/Exploding Stay Puft

214 Courtoom Venkman/Library Square Ghost

So that's at least 100 full cases and over 150 partial.

If you're going to buy two sets (plus 1) there are a couple coupon codes that will help.

931082 is $10 off $75 purchase

931085 is $10 off $75 purchase

931081 is $15 off $150 purchase (buy some Terminator too. :D)

This looks really great on its surface. Just curious how many orders will be actually be fulfilled. Even before they carried these Minimates, TRU would cancel about half the orders that I would place. The item would remain "in stock" after this indefinitely. Wacky website, fitting for such a crappy company.