UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

Edit: Well I feel slow and like the last person to the party to know this, but when I was putting Food Belly Slimer with the rest of my Ghostbuster mates I noticed although Egon/Peter share a jacket piece Ray and Winston are different sculpts completely.... now I feel even more justified in my decision to just collect minimates instead of the Matty collector figures, since at least these didn't skimp on all identical bases. (and I know the cost differences between making a new minimate jacket and a new 6 in torso is so huge it's insane to fault Mattel for this, but still I give points for the effort)

Yeah there is an excellent reason for this: Winston and Ray didn't have PKE/Radios. So... Yeah.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh but I live in the UK mate, so it's not like I can walk to my local TRU to pick one up :P For two minor changes that I can live without, it doesn't seem worth the hassle of eBay or pesting one of the nice people here.

Oh, I'm sorry... Yeah, you can live without them.

No worries mate. No harm done.

I might pick them up if I see a single figure on eBay for a decent price but otherwise I'm fine with my collection so far.

More minimates for TRU, on diamond site. The picture won't appear for me though, but its gunna be -

GB2 Egon/ Titanic Ghost

Courtroom Egon and Ray

Scholari brothers

"world of the psychic" Peter/ VIGO!!! (though we knew that was coming

If someone could put the pic up on here, that be great!!!

D'oh, beat to the punch

Edited by chaplain

Nobody's checked out the announcement on Diamond's web site yet?

Guess no one's interested in four more exclusive TRU sets...

Diamond Select

We are all sulking about the Angel to be interested :(

Seriously though that's great news :woot: Good shout Boyd!

Ah, man, I love a good sulk. Can I be pouty as well?

Stupid Angel... making me go off-topic in the Ghostbusters thread...

Does anyone know the TRU stock number for the "best of" refresher wave? Has it changed from previous waves? Checking the pegs manually every day is becoming a chore. :)

(On the plus side, I did get to see a child look through of the BSG 'mates... then leave them in disarray without buying any.)

Does anyone know the TRU stock number for the "best of" refresher wave? Has it changed from previous waves? Checking the pegs manually every day is becoming a chore. :)

(On the plus side, I did get to see a child look through of the BSG 'mates... then leave them in disarray without buying any.)

Don't know if it's the same but here are the upc #s

Egon

Ray

Louis

Peter

The pathetic irony of that post is almost overwhelming! :(

I used to have no problems finding Minimates in the store. . .eventually. For recent waves, however, really staring with the Ghostbusters but including the Marvel 'Mates, I've seen nada. Now there are other "hoarders" around here who get the initial stock plus the re-stocked stuff, so I can't help out myself or my pals here as much as I would like to.

I would say there is a 50/50 chance these show up on TRU's website, though.

Edited by karamazov80

Don't know if it's the same but here are the upc #s

Egon

Ray

Louis

Peter

Thanks, I should be able to call and use those. I'm surprised to see they are not the same UPCs as the previous waves. That will help keep me organized. Most of the Marvel and T2 duplicates had the same UPC for specialty and TRU.

As for the new ones, does Vigo look to be a 2.5 incher? It's probably just the way the collage was photoshopped together. But hey, I can hope can't I? :P

Have I said anywhere how much I love Ghostbusters Minimates?

Just look at that Sea-captain guy.....what a bloody cracker.

Last words from Captain Smith on the Titanic (1912)* " Full ahead 'number one' just smash through the f*cker"

* 7.12 p.m. ....... at 2.20 a.m. it sank.

Edited by buttheadsmate

The title is something like "Ghostbusters Minimates Best of".

I saved that number on my phone but forgot to post it earlier.

I feel your pain on checking more than you really should... Only good thing now is that post-X-mas, TRU seems to only get one shipment in per week. Well, that's what they say...

i just found something on my luis tully mate his straps are green unlike the others which are gray and mine has his name tag changed which is the new one right also lovin the new ghostbusters minimates the busters dont get my adrenaline pumping because i never got courtroom peter but the brothers are awsome and VIGO!!!!!!!! woo hoo

Sweet.

Unlike the last wave, I will be going to Toys R Us everyday and getting all of them. (I'm playing hell trying to find the second wave on eBay.)

Not too terribly excited about Titanic Ghost or World of the Psychic Peter, though. The rest look great, especially Vigo and the Scholari Brothers!

Edited by Brad Redfield

DUCK YEAH!!!!

Scoleri bros and Vigo! Well those are going to be the only packs I get as I don't care to have the titanic guy... Who am I kidding? I'm getting him too! Hell now all I need is to find these and the GB1 Ray in the Best Of sets and I'm GOLDEN!!

I have to say, I think this easily tops the third boxset by a LONG shot!

As to be quoted:

"Oh my God, it's the Scolari Brothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :lol:

I am SOOOOOOO HAPPY with this wave!! It has everything i could've have asked for from GB2!! I loved that movie a lot more than the first (i'm weird like that :P), and this cast is fantastic. I was so afraid we wouldn't get my favorite Ghosts, the Scolari Brothers, but this made my day!!! they loo so fantastic and chaply-assembled,as they should!!!! I love you, DST!!!!! :biggrin:

Viggo is so cool, and required too. He'll look very imperial on the shelf. Think he'll get an alternate or "spin-around" face?! One can dream!!! And i freaking adore "Psychic" Peter!! That was such a great scene, and he even gets a cat. He might be my favorite of the wae, just for that. Oh, and Ray better have some Slime in a jar, bubbling over. :P

Now, where's my Judge/Janosz 2-pack?!?!?!?!?! :P

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I picked up the sets today and got all four so I could check the others for differences. My Louis has Spengler on his tag and his shoulder straps are green, Slimer has his food in his tummy, the only other slight difference I can see is that my Egon's shoulder straps are a darker gray than my others. The wave 3 TRU sets look awesome, I can't wait for those ones!