UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

although i'm happy that there will be more gb minimates, i'm not too pleased with the selection of this set. id rather have gb1 janine. walter peck is a meh for me. and i was unable to find gooey ray, so i won't have much use for gooey egon and winston.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3531478

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although i'm happy that there will be more gb minimates, i'm not too pleased with the selection of this set. id rather have gb1 janine. walter peck is a meh for me. and i was unable to find gooey ray, so i won't have much use for gooey egon and winston.

Oh snap, there's only 182 left in stock. I hope there will be some left by next month :<

I hate when I get that "meh" feeling about a boxset. That Walter Peck Minimate is kind of like those Harry Potter earwax-flavored jellybeans. It was a really funny idea, but then when you actually get it in your mouth, it seems kind of dumb.

But, yeah. Janine. Hopefully Vigo will show up in the (theoretical) wave three. After that, I think I could be done with GB mates...

Yeah, I'm conflicted too. I bought six of the TRU packs to get my full team and all of the ghosts I wanted, then traded off Courtroom Peter Venkman and kept Labcoat Egon as a scientist for AIM XD I guess I could get the boxsets for the minor characters and bosses and sell off a complete team of Ghostbusters.

Are we ever going to get the Slimer with the trap?

Edited by Dio

I'm thinking this set is a "we couldn't fit these into a TRU wave" set and the 3rd TRU wave is:

-GB2 Egon

-Food Belly Slimer

-Fat Scolleri

-Skinny Scolleri

-Viggo

with some form of Ghostbuster variant with each (If I had to guess: Slimed Ray with Viggo, GitD Terror Dog with Egon, some form of civilian Winston with a Scolleri, some form of civilian Peter with other Scolleri, and normal plain clothes Louis with Slimer to recreate the scene in GB2 where they see each other in the firehouse.... or maybe Egon will kill two bird with one stone and come with one of the ghost, but I doubt 5 wanted figures will come in 4 packs rather then stretch it out a bit)

ALSO: It'd be nice if the new Box Set came with a Gooey Peter Head, if not just Hair Piece. Since they should assume everyone has an extra Ghost Buster body lying around from the TRU sets (everyone should have AT LEAST Egon) that would let everyone complete the set without needing to waste a space for "peter with tiny white goo blob in hair" in the TRU wave or future box set.

ALRIGHT! DICKLESS! Except Dickless looks like crap... Well as long as they beard him up, he should be fine.

Janine, best looking of this set.

Gooey Winston: I LOVE THIS TOWN! Perfect expression!

Egon: Looks more grossed out than "Holy shit we survived." which is kinda what I wanted out of gooey minis (other than Winston who is perfectly expresioned.)

Wowzers!!! that's fantastic!! Janine AND Walter!!! :lol: I loved Janine in that ridiculous green geddup, and i really wanted Walter Peck in my collection, so this set is just fantastic. The Gooey Variants are welcome too; my Egons and Gooey Ray were getting lonely. :P I just wanna add my name to the "needs a Gooey Peter head + hair" add-in.

Now all we need is the essential "Finale" TRU Wave, and the line can die in peace:

Gooey Egon/Thin Scoleri

Construction Worker Peter/Fat Scoleri

Construction Worker Ray/Fat Scoleri

Dana (with Oscar in carriage)/Vigo

Construction Worker Egon/Statue of Liberty

All the essential. I was thinking maybe including a Slime-pack Egon instead of Gooey rerelease, but the wave needs the essential rerelease (who's WORTH the money) and the slime pack is too costy to make). The Construction scene was funny and memorable enough, and we get other "needed" characters packed with worthwhile variants, so it's a give-and-take.

And if they can make 4 Stay Pufts, they can make a Lady Liberty. :P

Wowzers!!! that's fantastic!! Janine AND Walter!!! :lol: I loved Janine in that ridiculous green geddup, and i really wanted Walter Peck in my collection, so this set is just fantastic. The Gooey Variants are welcome too; my Egons and Gooey Ray were getting lonely. :P I just wanna add my name to the "needs a Gooey Peter head + hair" add-in.

Now all we need is the essential "Finale" TRU Wave, and the line can die in peace:

Gooey Egon/Thin Scoleri

Construction Worker Peter/Fat Scoleri

Construction Worker Ray/Fat Scoleri

Dana (with Oscar in carriage)/Vigo

Construction Worker Egon/Statue of Liberty

All the essential. I was thinking maybe including a Slime-pack Egon instead of Gooey rerelease, but the wave needs the essential rerelease (who's WORTH the money) and the slime pack is too costy to make). The Construction scene was funny and memorable enough, and we get other "needed" characters packed with worthwhile variants, so it's a give-and-take.

And if they can make 4 Stay Pufts, they can make a Lady Liberty. :P

I think it's worth pointing out that all of the TRU exclusives are made almost entirely out of recycled parts, so we're not likely to see any construction workers nor baby carriages out of there any time soon (though they're all very good ideas).

ah, thanks! didn't know they restocked online.

Hey guys, for those that own the washington square ghost, is there a normal yellowish, clear head underneath that the monster head snaps over?

Yup

Thanks. I just placed an ordered at Toys R us for the Library ghost and washington square packs.

It;s been 2 days and my Toys R Us order still shows "located in stock". For such a big chain, they're pretty slow. ugh. I've had problems with them before on supposedly instock items so hopefully this goes through.

Edited by Chronotrigger

It;s been 2 days and my Toys R Us order still shows "located in stock". For such a big chain, they're pretty slow. ugh. I've had problems with them before on supposedly instock items so hopefully this goes through.

Yeah, I've posted this before, but it bears repeating--Toys R Us is unbelievably unorganized as a major retailer operating an online website, IMO. I've had more than one order of "in stock" items get cancelled for no apparent reason, then inexplicably re-appear as "in stock."

The T2 wave 2 Minimates are now available for pre-order once again :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've posted this before, but it bears repeating--Toys R Us is unbelievably unorganized as a major retailer operating an online website, IMO. I've had more than one order of "in stock" items get cancelled for no apparent reason, then inexplicably re-appear as "in stock."

The T2 wave 2 Minimates are now available for pre-order once again :rolleyes:

here was my experience last time: I preordered the marvel legends icons thru them, and when they shipped out they canceled some of them because supposedly they couldn't find any more in stock. So I only got half my order. I complained and said I only ordered a certain amount because it minimizes my shipping costs. I wouldn't have ordered it for 1 or 2 icons. Well they gave me a 10% off for my next order. When I saw them same icons in stock again, I decided to use the 10% off and order those. Went through only to have them canceled again. I figured I would give them one more try with these minimates but if not I'm really thru with online ordering from Toys R us.

Hi guys I'm having trouble removing the big monster piece head from the normal sized head of the washington square ghost. Any suggestions?

Having done it i can say that there isn't really a point to it, but i can tell ya the way i did it:

First, remove anything below the torso (crotch, legs, etc...). You CAN remove the hands, but doesn't matter if you do or don't. Next take the arms off (i found it easier without the hands), and htne, usuing the arm-ball joints on the torso block, push both down at the same time. It may take a few tries. but eventually the glue will loosen and the head will slide with it.

Oh, and this DOESN'T work for either Slimer. Werid...

Hi guys I'm having trouble removing the big monster piece head from the normal sized head of the washington square ghost. Any suggestions?

Having done it i can say that there isn't really a point to it, but i can tell ya the way i did it:

First, remove anything below the torso (crotch, legs, etc...). You CAN remove the hands, but doesn't matter if you do or don't. Next take the arms off (i found it easier without the hands), and htne, usuing the arm-ball joints on the torso block, push both down at the same time. It may take a few tries. but eventually the glue will loosen and the head will slide with it.

Oh, and this DOESN'T work for either Slimer. Werid...

Thanks twisted. It finally worked.

ALSO: It'd be nice if the new Box Set came with a Gooey Peter Head, if not just Hair Piece. Since they should assume everyone has an extra Ghost Buster body lying around from the TRU sets (everyone should have AT LEAST Egon) that would let everyone complete the set without needing to waste a space for "peter with tiny white goo blob in hair" in the TRU wave or future box set.

They answered my question in latest round of Q&A and said Gooey Peter head "COULD" happen.

Could is obvioulsy double speak for "YEAH!!!" or "NOO!!!" so I'm prepared for either crushing defeat or an actual use for that extra "Gooey Ray" I've had lying around.

They answered my question in latest round of Q&A and said Gooey Peter head "COULD" happen.

Could is obvioulsy double speak for "YEAH!!!" or "NOO!!!" so I'm prepared for either crushing defeat or an actual use for that extra "Gooey Ray" I've had lying around.

really all you need for gooey peter is the bottom of gooey ray. if you remember at the end of the movie they all come out from under the goo and peter is barley gooey where as everyone else is covered in the stuff. it is little bits like this that make GB such a great movie