UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates back in TRU - Wave 24 plus two exclusives

Ivan

I went to Toysrus today and hadn't read the forums for a while so I was freaking out! I thought I had found something amazing and rushed home and was going to post but found this topic. but My girlfriend (who was thank fully there and had money) was over looking at littlest pet shops and heard me from a few isles over gasp and then call her. It was funny as hell. But I'm so happy. I got the last stealth iron man set and passed on the hulk/ abom one since it was the exact same thing. Kinda annoys me. Iron Man movie gets 13 mates and hulk only gets 7. : (

That's because Iron Man had a lot more to it. Three types of armor, a villain, Tony Stark in many suits testing it, terrorist leaders, the girl, The sidekick, Little Muslim guys who die to keep Stark Alive (and he hasn't even been made yet) not to mention Nick Fury. And that's just major to somewhat minor characters.

Hulk has two large guys beating the holy snot out of each other, the other form of the two guys, a general, his daughter, and two normal guys who are scientists (Sterns and Samson). If you don't do grunts, that's what you got. Not exactly 13 minimates, no?

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to another TRU today, and they also could not find the minimates anywhere in their store. After much searching, I found them in with the Matchbox cars! I got one of everything except I found two of the Shocker sets. Let me know if anyone wants this extra set.

No luck at the TRU near me.

However, they filled an aisle with Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer figures. Didn't this movie come out a couple years ago?!?! Between that and the TMNT Movie figures, my TRU seems to be the dumping ground for misfit toys. The Monday after Black Friday weekend and the shelves are still filled with unpurchased toys. Uh oh.

My local TRU got a huge bunch of those Fantastic Four figures. On Black Friday they were having a special "Buy 1 Get 2 Free" sale on them. I don't think they actually sold any...

I wonder whether the success of the marketing exercise of selling through TRU will be measured correctly? From what I've read in this thread TRU haven't got these because they never did or never will , or they've been cleared out of stock by current Minimate collectors satisfying their own addiction & those of their fellow MMMV plastic-crackheads . Apparently this Wave may also be hidden away in the TRU store-room or 'squirreled away' by 'returning hoarders' in hidey-holes behind less conspicuous lines. If each store actually gets a case or two I wonder if anybody 'new' will actually have the opportunity of seeing them ....let alone buying them!

SURPRISE!

Glad you guys are happy with the new sets!

Will it be ongoing ? -- the short answer is DST and TRU really hope so. We're building a real program with TRU. this is just the beginning of the plan, we're spent the last year getting everything in line for just this launch! The buyers at TRU are very excited as well so..

If this goes well.....

SURPRISE!

Will it be ongoing ? -- the short answer is DST and TRU really hope so. We're building a real program with TRU. this is just the beginning of the plan, we're spent the last year getting everything in line for just this launch! The buyers at TRU are very excited as well so..

If this goes well.....

Well, if you were looking for my opinion on this, things like the IM pack are the best possible options, as they're REALLY cool, simple repaints, and not ESSENTIAL to a collection, as the Stealth Armor was never in the movie. I think that things like that, Blue Prof. X, and Blue Iceman work really well as store-exclusives. New characters, not so much. (not like you've done that)

SURPRISE!

If this goes well.....

I'm very happy with the surprise, and I hope this does go well. I know I've already done my part to support you at TRU. Now if I could convince my wife that I need to buy more Minimates support you more...

SURPRISE!

If this goes well.....

Great news for DST,TRU & collectors alike ....thankyou. On-line sales would be nice however , not everybody seems to enjoy the wonders of actually going to TRU & slugging it out in the aisles .

SURPRISE!

If this goes well.....

I can't remember a Minimate secret ever kept this well!! Props to you Chuck and your team!! Absolutely awesome news. I can tell you that out of the 4 Toys R Us locations in the Salt Lake City area they are all just about sold out (I think there are a couple left in West Valley) So at least that is good news in the Rocky Mountain area. I hope the rest of the country is gobbling these up just as fast. :)

p.s. I love the new rocket launcher hands with the Iron Man set.. just brilliant!! Now I just need to explain to my wife why I need a 3rd set of everything.. :P

Also to add to the list of "Where are they being stocked in the store".

Found them in stock at two locations in Northern Utah.

One TRU had them with the Hulk Action Figures up at the very top peg surrounded by green hulk stuff. I walked past it twice before spotting them (with a Hulk 2-Pack out front they were hidden like camo!)

Second TRU had them in the action figure isle in between Spiderman and Ben 10 (or whatever that is called).

Good luck and happy hunting!!

Tis' the season to be mini, fa la la la la, la la la la. (yep its official, the excitement over the TRU Surprise has actually made me a nutter)

-Vox

It would be so awesome if tru started stocking all mates. In order to kick my comic book habit I have stopped going to my LCS so this would be really good for me.

I was a $100 to $200 a week comic book addict at my LCS and that was with a big discount. Now I pretty much just read stuff in trades and buy recent issues at comic shows locally for a buck. If I can't find them, oh well. My money is reserved for minimates these days!!

Nothing here in Chi-Town, checked a few TRUs. Nothing at all, not even the $6.99 price and minimate/mini-figure name on any pegs. Seems they are still in the process of being rolled out to mid west/east coast TRUs.

Whereabouts are you? I found two packs in St. Charles yesterday morning... :huh:

YAY!!! Got mine today. They are fantastic. Bought all of them except for the Hulk mates. Didn't see anything special about them. Awwww, what the hell, I'll get them by Friday. Damn addiction. :P Loved the Stealth Iron Man. Now The only one I'm missing is the Battle Damaged version from the exclusive set coming up. I like the two sided face to Eddy Brock. Weird "Venom Jacket" though.