UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates back in TRU - Wave 24 plus two exclusives

Ivan

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Ivan! :)

Wow! Minimates are back in TRU! Yay! :D

I remember when they were talking about it a while back.

I went to there on Black Friday and man was that place a mess!

But they weren't there. I asked the guy there and said that they where coming sometime this week with some Barack U Gun (spelling?) things.

So it was a good and bad that they weren't there since I really didn't want to wait in line for 3+ hours with crazy Christmas shoppers.

I called them on Sat. or Sun. and gave them the UPC (thanks Ivan!) and they didn't know what I was talking about.

Then I called them today UPC code for the Iron Man one and the lady said they be in Friday.

I cannot wait to get these! :happy:

Edited by A.J.V.

I called one of my many TRUs in my area... I was on hold for about 5 mins then a lady came on and said blah blah blah.... how can i help you, i said i have a number, she said hold on.... came back asked for the number and said they have a few on the floor, she can send someone back to check but it would take a while and then I said no thanks and said goodbye.....

It wasnt a terrible experience....

Then i told santa ([parents] who wont let me buy minimates b/c of Christmas) and santa said youll have to wait.... Well i got high hopes for my b-day/ Christmas :P:D :biggrin: :P

I called one of my many TRUs in my area... I was on hold for about 5 mins then a lady came on and said blah blah blah.... how can i help you, i said i have a number, she said hold on.... came back asked for the number and said they have a few on the floor, she can send someone back to check but it would take a while and then I said no thanks and said goodbye.....

It wasnt a terrible experience....

Then i told santa ([parents] who wont let me buy minimates b/c of Christmas) and santa said youll have to wait.... Well i got high hopes for my b-day/ Christmas :P:D :biggrin: :P

Santa?? Lawlz.

I can't wait until Christmas. I get to pick out my own presents with Mommy's special plastic toy: the credit card. :D

Of course, i always get some bull that, when i go overboard, half of the things i haven't bought i need to write down and they'll be a suprise. If she knows what to buy, is it really a suprise?? But hey, i told her ANY mates are good stocking-stuffers, so i'll be having some fun Chrismas morn with those.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Mommy's special plastic toy

so....

.... nope, I can't do it...

BS

xD I see what you did there.

This year, McDurg gets his PS3(The new upgraded one). :D So other than that, I'm only expecting to get a few shirts, my Boondock Saints jacket, a few DVD's(blueray shall be epic), PS3 games obviously, and since my Dad is awesome and tough, he's pre-ordered me Marvel Mates series 23.

We're going to search for Wave 24 sometime Wednesday or Thursday, since a certain member who is the shit told me that is when they are coming in. Hopefully they still have some left on the pegs other than Hulk(I'll punch a baby in the face if there is no Venom).

Mommy's special plastic toy

so....

.... nope, I can't do it...

BS

xD I see what you did there.

This year, McDurg gets his PS3(The new upgraded one). :D So other than that, I'm only expecting to get a few shirts, my Boondock Saints jacket, a few DVD's(blueray shall be epic), PS3 games obviously, and since my Dad is awesome and tough, he's pre-ordered me Marvel Mates series 23.

We're going to search for Wave 24 sometime Wednesday or Thursday, since a certain member who is the shit told me that is when they are coming in. Hopefully they still have some left on the pegs other than Hulk(I'll punch a baby in the face if there is no Venom).

You hold him down, i'll kick him in the balls. XD

Seriously, if i find out that my TRU has only hulk/Abom left on that peg after being PROMISED they's have all of them there on Friday, there will be an "abomination" happening. ;)

I want Kraven and Cosmic Spidey the most, though. And has anyone noticed that "Cosmis" isn';t hat Spidey's name?? If it was he would be in the red and blue costume. Technically his name is Captain Universe... :blink:

I only know this because i have a DK Spidey Encyclopedia. I went looking on info for Tarantula (never heard of him, so i'll probbly skip his pack) and found the Cosmic Spidey page. It was kinda interesting. :)

WTF, a Toys R Us I called said that their Minimates were sold out on clearance.

Maybe they were referring to Darktide? I believe the Toys R Us in Baltimore still has one or two lingering in the clearance isle.

What Toys r us will you be going to? I live near Baltimore and am desperatly searching for all of these(well MOST of these. don't need hulk.) Will this area be getting them all at the same time?

Every employee I have talked to over the last couple of days at TRU have told me there is no way for them to know when they will be getting these in. Anybody know hoe these other stores are finding out when they will be getting theirs in? It seems logical to me that they should be able to find out and so maybe the people at my location just don't want to take the time to find out for me.

Every employee I have talked to over the last couple of days at TRU have told me there is no way for them to know when they will be getting these in. Anybody know hoe these other stores are finding out when they will be getting theirs in? It seems logical to me that they should be able to find out and so maybe the people at my location just don't want to take the time to find out for me.

Like I posted before, I called one store, they looked on the computer, and told me when it was coming. I called another, crappier store, and got another story. I think that your last sentence is correct. They are probably just too lazy to do it. Not that I blame them. Their jobs suck, especially at this time of year, but. . .they aren't really doing their jobs, nonetheless. I would ask for the manager if you were really annoyed with it, but the manager at my "trouble" TRU is about as useless as the workers there, so I had to take up a former issue with TRU corporate. They told me that they would communicate my concerns to the TRU. Having worked retail before, I know that you can always get people to listen, if you are speaking through the correct channels.

No luck at the TRU near me.

However, they filled an aisle with Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer figures. Didn't this movie come out a couple years ago?!?! Between that and the TMNT Movie figures, my TRU seems to be the dumping ground for misfit toys. The Monday after Black Friday weekend and the shelves are still filled with unpurchased toys. Uh oh.

So for those who are finding these, in what part of the store are they being stocked? I tried my local TRU today (Cary, NC) and found nothing in the Marvel/DC/Dark Knight aisle. Should I be looking elsewhere?

I went to Toysrus today and hadn't read the forums for a while so I was freaking out! I thought I had found something amazing and rushed home and was going to post but found this topic. but My girlfriend (who was thank fully there and had money) was over looking at littlest pet shops and heard me from a few isles over gasp and then call her. It was funny as hell. But I'm so happy. I got the last stealth iron man set and passed on the hulk/ abom one since it was the exact same thing. Kinda annoys me. Iron Man movie gets 13 mates and hulk only gets 7. : (