UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates back in TRU - Wave 24 plus two exclusives

Ivan

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the box pics Ivan! Funny, I figured that the new IM pack would at least feature Gauntlet Tony and the Stealth armor on the pack too... must be DST's strategy to get newbies interested in more mates. I know that fully-loaded Minimate poster would be cruel and unusual punishment for 'em: "Wow! There's a Minimate Dr. Fate?!"

http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2008/11/28/wa...g-at-toys-r-us/

must have been after the Stealth Iron Man.....

but all joking aside...... not good news :(

Holy gosh... that's just awful. Kinda makes you think about how far society's gone, doesn't it?...

Edited by NorthRaider

Perhaps not 'Dr.Fate'.... but I guess anybody starting to collect Marvel mates would be more crushed than encouraged by that mass display. Contrary to what I may be portraying about my feelings towards these TRU exclusives I am actually salivating at the 'chase' for these buggers. :biggrin:

Edited by buttheadsmate

Perhaps not 'Dr.Fate'.... but I guess anybody starting to collect Marvel mates would be more crushed than encouraged by that mass display. Contrary to what I may be portraying about my feelings towards these TRU exclusives I am actually salivating at the 'chase' for these buggers. :biggrin:

I'm not. I'd rather just find the damn things and play with them.

aah... couldn't have said it better myself.

I think I spot another error in the poster though: Battle-Damaged Daredevil also appears twice.

I always feel that I hate the chase, but somehow, that is the point when I'm most excited about these things. Then, once I get them, there is a short feeling of elation, followed by a feeling of emptiness. . .as if, "this is what excites me in life? Go climb a mountain or something, you a$$hole!"

Edited by karamazov80

I always feel that I hate the chase, but somehow, that is the point when I'm most excited about these things. Then, once I get them, there is a short feeling of elation, followed by a feeling of emptiness. . .as if, "this is what excites me in life? Go climb a mountain or something, you a$$hole!"

seriously best quote of the day...my feelings exactly.

not that it is going to stop me from looking for a shocker but....

aah... couldn't have said it better myself.

I think I spot another error in the poster though: Battle-Damaged Daredevil also appears twice.

That is actually the Battle-Damaged Waldo-Mart Murdoch version post-638-1227971217_thumb.jpg.

Man, that poster is hella confusing to look at. Why isn't Cloak next to Dagger? Who's that character on the right next to Rhino? And why is DST torturing us newbies with a tantalizing array of early-wave minis they'll probably never release again?!?!!

*sigh* Yet another bitter reminder of the Minimates I'll only ever get to own in my dreams. I wish they'd rerelease all the old characters again, or at least make new versions of 'em. (I SO want a Rogue to go with my future wave 26 Gambit.)

Rhino seems to be standing next to the Chameleon and the Invisible Woman variant. As for getting these things, I think I posted this before, but if Kubricks are really easy to come by in the Philippines, then you may find some folks here who will be more than eager to trade Minimates for them. . .

here's one....sicko :lol:

post-1982-1227974460_thumb.png

**Update**

Just got off the phone with my local TRU and she said they are getting them in on Sunday and they should be out Monday morning. She also said when asking to use Item # 113214 (this is the one for the IM set) when asking for them. So try calling your store and they should be able to tell you when they are in!!

Edited by Fo Shizzle

Rhino seems to be standing next to the Chameleon and the Invisible Woman variant. As for getting these things, I think I posted this before, but if Kubricks are really easy to come by in the Philippines, then you may find some folks here who will be more than eager to trade Minimates for them. . .

Yeah... thing is, Kubricks are actually pretty hard to come by here, too. (This is actually the land of all those notorious bootleg Bearbricks.) I don't really collect Kubricks, and barring a few Bearbricks at urban vinyl stores the only other "legit" Kubricks I think I've ever seen here were the Spiderman 3 movie wave (I accidentally got myself the Kubrick SM3 red Spidey to go with my Minimate one) and a single Halo 3 Master Chief box set at a nearby comic collectibles specialty shop here, and maybe a stray Star Wars Ewok kubrick in a battered-up box. Is anybody here looking for the Halo 3 set?

Oh, Invisible Woman! I didn't think of that. For a minute there I thought that was the X3 Colossus.

Edited by NorthRaider

Ugh! I just went to my TRU with the item # (thanks fo shizzle) and the number brought up the product but they don't have them in and the lady was very rude explaining in essence that they will get here when they get here and that it shouldn't be a big deal. Well lady you need a different job if you don't understand that toys are important to the people who keep you employed. Looks like I will be calling some other TRUs.

i went to my TRU at 9 am to find........the minimates in the marvel section there was only 1 iron man and a hulk so i picked them up and the venom and kraven sets :biggrin: . if anybody in l.a. wants to know which one they are in it's in rosecrans and ocean gate.

Edited by kastillo310

here's one....sicko :lol:

post-1982-1227974460_thumb.png

**Update**

Just got off the phone with my local TRU and she said they are getting them in on Sunday and they should be out Monday morning. She also said when asking to use Item # 113214 (this is the one for the IM set) when asking for them. So try calling your store and they should be able to tell you when they are in!!

Fo Shizzle, you are officially the greatest and most helpful person on this board. Now to call and find out if the TRU employees are the same way here.

You folks are lucky, I checked after work and they didn't have any on the shelves......so I asked and no luck, they had absolutely none in......

Once again, my TRU sucks hardcore........no wonder I rarely shop there anymore.

It's like my FYE, they never got any of the exclusive mates sets either. This town is horrible for this type of stuff.

I hear you.... the robinson mall gets crap!!!! :verymad:

Ugh! I just went to my TRU with the item # (thanks fo shizzle) and the number brought up the product but they don't have them in and the lady was very rude explaining in essence that they will get here when they get here and that it shouldn't be a big deal. Well lady you need a different job if you don't understand that toys are important to the people who keep you employed. Looks like I will be calling some other TRUs.

Not only does that suck but it is not true. Try calling your local TRU directly and speak to a CS rep, that's how I got such detailed info. Maybe you just got a disgruntled employee that was still reeling from the Black Friday bloodbath... :biggrin:

*thanks Trekker, just spreading the toy love around.........wait, that came out kinda weird :blink:*

Edited by Fo Shizzle

Ok.... so i gave the im/gst number (thank you) to my brother.... and he says that they dont exsist in the system!!!! I think TRU is having some technical difficulties with this!!! :confused:

Edited by S7EVIN