UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates back in TRU - Wave 24 plus two exclusives

Ivan

At this time of year, I wouldn't bother calling them. I was there..last Saturday? looking for a tool bench playset for my youngest. It was on sale 50% off and was something we'd been looking at for a while.

Anyway, since it is a large item, they don't stock them on the floor - you have to take a ticket and go to the register to get it. They were out of the tickets, so we asked an employee to check for us. He was so new, he didn't know how to use the PC to look the item up. I even gave him the item number and he couldn't do it.

A manager we recognized came over (we have 5 kids, so it's always someone's birthday and we're in there all the time) and was able to look the bench up. They didn't have any, but another store across town showed 2 in stock. We asked if she could call and have them hold one. She said TRU policy is to not hold items for guests. (She said 'besides, even when I do call them, they leave me on hold for 30 minutes and then don't know what they're looking for.') We would have to go out there and see if they were still in stock. I asked if they could give us a raincheck - 'no, we aren't giving rainchecks for this item'.

I thanked her for checking and left the store.

Right now, I think the staff at TRU is overworked and underpaid. Be nice if you do go hunting and leave with a smile even if you don't find what you're looking for. Be happy you have a job, a roof over your head and disposable income to spend on minimates. Some folks aren't so lucky this year.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, I think the staff at TRU is overworked and underpaid. Be nice if you do go hunting and leave with a smile even if you don't find what you're looking for. Be happy you have a job, a roof over your head and disposable income to spend on minimates. Some folks aren't so lucky this year.

You are awesome. Thank you for this great message; honestly, I'm taking this to heart. :thumbsup:

No sarcasm here.

Nothing here in western hills Cincinnati ,but this TRU never got any of the other TRU stuff from a couple years back either. (well to my knowledge, maybe someone got to them first)

Question:

Do all the Cosmic Spidey's legs have the off color legs?

and i have been lurking here for far too long, it is good to be back lol

Well, I called mine with the numbers given and the computer said they had six. The numbers would not tell her which ones so she went to check for me. Hulk and shocker sets, three each. My lovely wife forced me to go and I found the two sets I needed, hidden behind all the superhero squads but there was only five there total. Looked up and down the isle and found one ironman set sitting on top of some ironman toys. There was a price tag on the shelf for the minimates by the superhero squads.

Tony

Nothing here in western hills Cincinnati ,but this TRU never got any of the other TRU stuff from a couple years back either. (well to my knowledge, maybe someone got to them first)

Question:

Do all the Cosmic Spidey's legs have the off color legs?

and i have been lurking here for far too long, it is good to be back lol

Wow. My friend went there to check and see, also, but came up with nothing.

I tried a couple of TRU's in the area (SF Bay Area) and nothing here.

However - for those who can't wait - this was bound to happen:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARVEL-MINIMATES-TONY-...A1%7C240%3A1318

Oh boy!! Free Shipping!! ;)

Well, it was. I'm just shocked no one did it sooner. And that they only have the IM set. You think that genius eBay-ers would realize that the Spidey sets were made available maybe 1-2 months in advance and could have labeled them as "preview sets." At least, that's what i would have done. ;)

I picked up the entire set, minus the hulk and abom...just not my thing.

anyways always a pleasure, and while i was out i found an odds and end store and picked up 2 variant archangel / apoc 2 pack and 2 variant vision / hawkeye two packs so these will be hitting the want to sell in the next few days...overall a good minimate day!

My local TRU still didn't have them in, so I made a 30 mile trip and picked up everyone but Hulk/Abom. Probably get them later(the completist in me won't have any other way :D ). When my local store gets them I'll pick up extras for those who don't have them yet. I hope these do well so we get more mates @TRU. Maybe some original(new) exclusives that aren't repaints.

Woohoo! You rock, Ivan!

That silver TRU exclusive stamp on the IM and Hulk packs looks really cool. Since the Wave 24 packs don't have 'em though, I'm guessing that maybe TRU really IS gonna start carrying Minimates mass market (which is obviously good news for the rest of us). I hope they eventually come out with wave 23 too.

This new batch of minimates has GOT to be a sign of bigger things to come. I can't wait for the Secret Invasion and Spirit box sets to come out...

EDIT: Looks like you've changed up the MMDB homepage too... I see a newly-added link to the Minimate Factory. Nice!

Edited by NorthRaider

Ummm...... You say these are TRU exclusives right :ohmy: ? cause if it really is, im gonna cry in my bedroom :( . Please tell me they will release this as they have with the past series'. because normally i don't get the exclusives.

Other than that..... Oh my f*cking god these things are frickin beautiful! thanks for putting the pics up, Ivan! :D

Went to my local TRU this morning and I got both of the IM packs and a Hulk/ Abom pack. Was going to go ahead and get the rest of them but since I had them on preorder I didn't want to buy them unless someone here wante them and didn't live by a TRU or overseas. I have the ability to to leave work and go back and get them if people are interested. When I left TRU there was:

2x Red Spidey

Please send me a PM if you want any of these so I can get to TRU and see if they are still there. (They should be since everyone is at work)

**Edit** So I just got back and bought the 3 Black Spidey/ Kraven, 2 Cosmic Spidey/ Venom, and 1 Classic Spidey/ Shocker, and the other TRU Exclusive Hulk/ Abom so I will be posting these in the want to buy/ sell thread in a few minutes. (at cost )

Edited by Fo Shizzle

My freaking Toys R Us has them in stock, but no one can find them. They aren't in the back room, and they aren't on the sales floor (I checked everywhere, and so did the employee helping me). But the entire case of 12 is somewhere. They told me to check back next week. :|

Edited by luke314pi

sounds like they are either really popular or just have not made it to the east coast yet. either way it sounds like they are going to be/are really popular. i hope this does lead to something!

I don't see any reason to think that these will be overly popular, or at least, no more popular than Minimates released at TRU/Target have been in the past. The problem in getting them might be in their potentially limited distribution, but since this is TRU, I don't think this will be an issue. It seems like TRU often gets only a case or two at a time of certain figures (Joes and DC Classics, anyway), but they seem to order more later, if they need to. I figure, when all is said and done, those of us who want these will be able to find these without resorting to "scalper haven."

One problem I foresee, though, will be reduced sales of wave 24 for DST through typical channels as many of us get what we need through TRU. If this happens, e-tailers might be less inclined to order future shipments of Minimates, which could affect the overall well-being of Minimate-dom. Of course, this might be counter-balanced by the influx of new Minimate fans who run across these at TRU and then want to order wave 23+ from DST, increasing their Diamond distributed sales.

Damn I want Kraven.

Okay, called the 3 near me, gave them the numbers. Nothing yet. I should (in theory) be able to hook a few people up. Again, in theory.

I still can't believe I was actually insane enough to go to TRU on Black Friday. I'm still trying to get the BO smell out of my nose.