UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates back in TRU - Wave 24 plus two exclusives

Ivan

From the DST post:

77631_189103_2.jpg

I mock the spelling ability of DST's editorial department. Mock, I say! Mock! Mock! Mock! I am obliviously the superior person for pointing out their error. Nyah, nyah, nyah! :P

*:P This is the "just teasing" smiley, right?*

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I am going crazy here. I went in to my TRU today and saw the GM of the store and since I have talked GI Joes with him a couple of time I figured he might give me more help then the lazy CS girl. He pulled up the system and said they don't have any coming but he printed me out a stock paper for another store with the item # and description on it so I called that store who only had the Spiderman sets left (and they are 45 miles or so away from me anyway and I have a full set with variant on order already)

It just amazes me that you have a product that is exclusive to TRU and yet some stores aren't getting the product? The manager showed me a list of other stores in his region and only about 1/4 of the stores had gotten any of these. He recommended to me to try elsewhere since it would be doubtful that his store would get these. AAAAHHHH! The guy seemed like he knew what he was talking about but what the frak!

:angry: adding set to wants list

Man I am going crazy here. I went in to my TRU today and saw the GM of the store and since I have talked GI Joes with him a couple of time I figured he might give me more help then the lazy CS girl. He pulled up the system and said they don't have any coming but he printed me out a stock paper for another store with the item # and description on it so I called that store who only had the Spiderman sets left (and they are 45 miles or so away from me anyway and I have a full set with variant on order already)

It just amazes me that you have a product that is exclusive to TRU and yet some stores aren't getting the product? The manager showed me a list of other stores in his region and only about 1/4 of the stores had gotten any of these. He recommended to me to try elsewhere since it would be doubtful that his store would get these. AAAAHHHH! The guy seemed like he knew what he was talking about but what the frak!

:angry: adding set to wants list

FYE did this too. And as there are no more Suncoasts this side of Augusta, Georgia, it was hell trying to get the Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin. But I did find the damn thing finally (ten stores I called. TEN and only one had it!)

Yaaaay, I just went to the TRU in Baltimore, and scored all of them! :D I got the Stealth Iron Man/Gaunlet Stark, and I finally found my Venom(That money was burning a hole in my pocket)! The employee there was extremely helpful, I think her name was April. But she was very kind and actually checked to see what they had(Well that is a first), and held onto the Venom pack for me. I feel fulfilled. :D

Yaaaay, I just went to the TRU in Baltimore, and scored all of them! :D I got the Stealth Iron Man/Gaunlet Stark, and I finally found my Venom(That money was burning a hole in my pocket)! The employee there was extremely helpful, I think her name was April. But she was very kind and actually checked to see what they had(Well that is a first), and held onto the Venom pack for me. I feel fulfilled. :D

I have never met a female named April I didn't like. Ever.

I was born in that month, though, so that may have something to do with it. ;)

Why would these be so difficult to find? Maybe next time DST should go with a more organized, reliable retailer. Someplace where you can actually find what you're looking for--you know, like IKEA or freakin' Costco. :P

...wow. How amazing would that be? Minimates at Costco.

For those of you who don't know, that means Minimates in BULK. :woot:

Edited by Alpheon

...wow. How amazing would that be? Minimates at Costco.

For those of you who don't know, that means Minimates in BULK. :woot:

Sadly, as far as I know, all Costco stores here in Maryland have been turned into BJ's, which is only good for getting food and delicious pie.

Where in TRU are you guys finding these? I haven't been able to find then anywhere.

The one I went to had them on one peg. It was under some Super Hero Squad pegs. To the right was Hulk action figure and stuff. To the left was Spider-Man and Iron Man action figures.

Note: This aisle arrangement is based on my not so always accurate memory and your store arrangement may differ.

Sure why not have them at a place that has annual membership to make getting em even more tricky!!! B)

T.

That just means more for me!! Then I could scalp the rest to all you poor so-and-sos without memberships to my club! Mwahaha!

As an aside, I pay off my annual Sam's Club fee with one month's worth of bottled water. Plus, no wait for tire work like you get at Wal-Mart, you can buy mayo by the gallon, etc. That place is awesome.

If you don't own these yet then you guys seriously need to find these, they're damn amazing. I'm not big Spidey fan, but this is seriosuly one of the best minimate waves ever! The Venom is amazing(I love all the different pieces he has, it's seriously one of, if not the best Venom mate), and the Shocker and Kraven(I love his shotgun and slicked back hairpiece, the only thing I dislike are his jaguar pj's) are really cool!

I have mixed feelings about Classic Spidey, since his eye slots were so low on the mask, but the other two Spidermen were great. It may be hard to tell at first, but the Cosmic and Classic spidey use different hairpieces. I'm not 100% sure as to who the tan hands are supposed to go to, Venom or Cosmic Spidey. The good news is if you don't find them now, they'll be back before Christmas. And when I was talking to the really cool TRU employee, she said that most TRU stores will begin to get new items in much faster because of the holiday rush. She said to call back once or twice a week to see if they're in yet.

I have nothing to say about the exclusives, since I will never open them or my hands might melt(And I plan to get rid of the Hulk one later).

Edited by McDurg

I just set up my iron man pack. Good set overall, but my Tony's hairpiece had a big white streak like that section wasnt painted or had the paint scrapped off, luckily its the part no one can see since its inside the piece where the minis head goes. And on my stealth iron man right under the one shoulder same thing a white streak. Whats the deal on the paint used for these?

One thing I did with the extra stealth parts was swap em out to wife beater tony and kinda made the "yeah I can fly" scene lol

oh and here is a Higher Res quick edit scan I did of the poster! Makes a nice wallpaper and/or checklist

post-31-1228371974_thumb.jpg

One thing I did with the extra stealth parts was swap em out to wife beater tony and kinda made the "yeah I can fly" scene lol

oh and here is a Higher Res quick edit scan I did of the poster! Makes a nice wallpaper and/or checklist

post-31-1228371974_thumb.jpg

Nicely done, Jason. Thanks. :)

..."wife beater" Tony? :lol:

From the DST post:

77631_189103_2.jpg

I mock the spelling ability of DST's editorial department. Mock, I say! Mock! Mock! Mock! I am obliviously the superior person for pointing out their error. Nyah, nyah, nyah! :P

*:P This is the "just teasing" smiley, right?*

Check back through this thread & you'll find more than one post with the word guantlet in it whilst on the 'Verse in general 'peice' seems to be the norm lateley. I thought Guano Stark was probably more apt.

Still nada. they said try tomorrow.

Ironically, the guy on the phone ACTUALLY knew what minimates were! that got my hopes up. Until he said nope, try tom,orrow or FYE/Suncoast. I told him about the TRU/DST deal, and he said the same thing again. :blink:

Well, i hope they have them; they should regarding the holiday rush factoid. ;)

BTW, i got my IMTTA and Invaders sets today at my LCS!!

:offtopic:

been going to TRU in TimesSquare and one in Ridgewood Queens but nothing. Anyone from the NYC got their hands on them yet? Or better yet, if anyone who has the Stealth Iron Man with Tony Stark Gauntlet Mint In Box willing to sell it? PM me!!!