UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 19

Lobsterman

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...............& ol' SA has wings ....wings sell Minimates

I don't do much (or enough) customising but I've had more than one reasonable attempt at making him....they weren't that bad either if I say so myself but I never painted them . I mention that last point because the greens are extremely important ....get 'em wrong & it'll kill the concept .

Let's get this made thumbsup.gif

• 1 month later...

I'm seeing a Series 19 on the schedule, but we'll see.

Is this still on the schedule?

I wonder if this the longest we've gone without knowing about the wave after the current release. We had pics of wave 18 in July of last year.

The next two waves of Marvel Minimates have been announced for TRU, if not officially: ASM2 and GotG. Rarely if ever does a comic assortment ship alongside a movie assortment, in spite of TRU's preferred separation classification system, so you really have to count the movie assortments as part of the sequence. So Series 19 is technically three assortments out.<br /><br />In related news, three new waves of specialty-exclusive Marvel Minimates get solicited on Wednesday. None will be at TRU, but that's still a lot of product.

So, I wonder how this plays into wave 59 (if at all)?

The pattern we've seen in the past is TRU waves either roughly corresponding with the theme of, or more recently sharing characters with a contemporaneous LCS wave. As the two other TRU waves we've been told about for this year, ASM2 and GOTG, are companion waves for those LCS waves, and we've been told 19 is "next in the sequence," one might assume it has some connection to the O5 X-men wave.

Would they put some of the O5 in a TRU wave and not others? If so, what unique characters could fit with the theme – Shadowcat and X-23? Or, would the wave be a straight pick-up of the LCS wave, with TRU backing off of any investment in unique sculpts?

Or, with all bets seeming to be off on what we can "expect" from TRU, I suppose this wave could just as easily be slated for next year some time and be an Avengers tie-in wave.

Hmm...

I'm actually hoping for a mixed X-Now wave with a completion of wave 59.

Skittle/Ranger X-23 & Prof. Pryde

X-Face Cyclops & Now Magneto

Now Storm & Rachel Grey

UA Havoc & Sunfire

Havoc could of course be switched out for Banshee, but I'd rather see him in a LCS wave with an alternate of either Syrin or in his blue blue suit.

im personally hoping it ties directly into wave 59 and is some Trial of Jean Grey stuff!

Gladiator/Corsair

X-23/powered up Jean

Kitty Pryde/ Shiar Soldier

etc

or just modern Guardians :D

TRU 19 will not be a repeat of 59. Not sure if it will be related even tangentially.

The SRP for two-packs has been 9.99 for a year or more. TRU charges less for some assortments, and some LCS's seen to charge more, but that is what all of Diamond's wholesale discounts are based on.

Edited by DSTZach