NOW! Thunderbolts: Box Set

Zak Katz

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Zach, I think the majority of us (even the non-vocal majority sometimes) are thrilled to see new Minimates. Folks may bash a figure or design, but frankly I think most of us are happy to see new stuff. There are things I just don't get excited about (anything "Ultimate"), but seeing new product is great. I think some of these vocal opponents were not around for the huge Minimate drought of the mid 2000's. We didn't even know if the line was going to continue for nearly a year...

I've been around since almost the beginning so I can appreciate how far we've come. I like seeing new stuff too and I'm not trying to be negative, I just don't get super excited over 4-packs where I already have all four characters (and ones that aren't really in need of updates, imo). I'd be a little more excited if there was a new character or two sprinkled in. I might be a little more excited when I see some pics but as of right now it looks like I'm gonna be dropping $20+ just for Punisher so I can finally piece together a classic Punisher (which will take a grand total of 4 figures to make).

Edited by MisterMiracle

I'm all for whatever keeps the line going, but classic versions are where my heart is at. I'm okay with refreshes as long as classic stuff still gets out there too. I already know I'm buying this set (maybe 2) and I haven't seen the pics or read the comics.

Realistically, most of us will never be as excited about refreshes as we are about crossing new characters off our wishlists like when we got Kang.

But this set sounds like a perfect love letter to the comic stores to get them to carry more minimates, so that's always a plus.

Again, quoting Stan the Man, every comic is someone's first, and it's entirely likely this Thunderbolts NOW team is some people's first experience with the characters.

Zach, I think the majority of us (even the non-vocal majority sometimes) are thrilled to see new Minimates. Folks may bash a figure or design, but frankly I think most of us are happy to see new stuff. There are things I just don't get excited about (anything "Ultimate"), but seeing new product is great. I think some of these vocal opponents were not around for the huge Minimate drought of the mid 2000's. We didn't even know if the line was going to continue for nearly a year...

I've been around since almost the beginning so I can appreciate how far we've come. I like seeing new stuff too and I'm not trying to be negative, I just don't get super excited over 4-packs where I already have all four characters (and ones that aren't really in need of updates, imo). I'd be a little more excited if there was a new character or two sprinkled in. I might be a little more excited when I see some pics but as of right now it looks like I'm gonna be dropping $20+ just for Punisher so I can finally piece together a classic Punisher (which will take a grand total of 4 figures to make).

Well, you need them to make YOUR classic Punisher. To be fair, you're using two classic Punishers to make it.

Maybe someone would charge less than $20 to paint your BO2 Punisher black.

I think the big problem with making toys for modern looks, as a collector, is that they are almost always short term. Look at the costume Olivier Coipel designed for Thor, for example: it's a great costume, that almost everybody loved... and now it's gone. Almost all of these Marvel NOW! outfits have only a short period of time before they become Marvel THEN! The classic costumes, at least, have some history and nostalgia associated with them, even if they aren't being featured any more. And eventually, Captain America is going to go back to having wings on his mask, because the guy they want to draw Cap will want to draw him with wings.

I think the big problem with making toys for modern looks, as a collector, is that they are almost always short term. Look at the costume Olivier Coipel designed for Thor, for example: it's a great costume, that almost everybody loved... and now it's gone. Almost all of these Marvel NOW! outfits have only a short period of time before they become Marvel THEN! The classic costumes, at least, have some history and nostalgia associated with them, even if they aren't being featured any more. And eventually, Captain America is going to go back to having wings on his mask, because the guy they want to draw Cap will want to draw him with wings.

Well, not like the costumes vanish when we move on to a new one, lol. Especially if the Now costume can be associated with a great, amazing run.

I feel, as a collector, you wouldn't care about which looks you get, so long as you eventually get the missing looks you lack. I'm happy to get any looks, so long as that character doesn't get over saturated (Wolverine, since he gets way too many minimates, lol) . Especially, if the current costumes seem so transient, the likely hood of ever getting them in comparison to the classic, nostalgia drenched looks seems bleak at best.

wow!
I'm pretty excited here! Since the new Thunderbolts hasn't been released in Brazil so far (as the entire Marvel NOW! line), I'm still reading their previous run. I'd love to get a Ghost minimate! He's so creepy!!

As for the new line up, I thought the Red She-Hulk was part of it! Anyway, she'd make a really nice addition to anyone's collection! :)

I’m gonna say, I’m not into this set.... yet!

On paper I don’t need another Elektra, Hulk, definitely not another Deadpool and I’m not a big Punisher fan.

However I do like cool looking minimates (and black and red makes a nice contrast) so I could very well be swayed if Elektra and Red Hulk are BETTER (or at least ‘as good but different’) versions of the characters, and if Punisher does have a gloss coat and reversible chest block he’ll probably win me over.

so I guess what I’m saying is: If we’re buying this on blind faith, pass! but since we get to see pictures before we pre-order, I will probably be won over.

It's not classic by any means, but here's my definitive Punisher:

DSCN2885.jpg

Hair, torso & hands from Assault Punisher, head from SM3 Sandman, arms from Final Bout Rocky, and vest (with front cut out), legs & holsters/weapons from PWZ Assault Armor Punisher.

The Punisher TTA set will contain all of the Punishers we've already made. Except one will have a beard.

Speaking of TTAs, the new Wolverine Saga box set has two of the most amazing Wolverines ever. I think even Wolvo burnouts might want them.

The Punisher TTA set will contain all of the Punishers we've already made. Except one will have a beard.

Speaking of TTAs, the new Wolverine Saga box set has two of the most amazing Wolverines ever. I think even Wolvo burnouts might want them.

Ok I'll take three cases

tumblr_m6askwtJLy1r85oj4o7_1280.jpg

NOW Thunderbolts is a pretty fair comic that I'll enjoy since I pay 40% off cover price for. It's a quick bit of entertaining-ish fluff.

And while I know I'll be impressed with the design-stuff of this set, it really is a big pass for me. Sorry!

Edited by Mystery Man

Is there really a punisher tta???

Is there really a punisher tta???

no im pretty sure that was a joke, but I still want bearded/bandaged Punisher

I'd actually be up for a Punisher TTA set. You could have Classic, Frankencastle, Venom possessed, and the Captain America inspired suit.

Yes please. But we'd a set #2 to go with it that included Space Punisher, Jungle Punisher, Noir Punisher, and "Lady Punisher" Rachel Cole-Alves

Don't forget "Crying Punisher" from his origin story.

you guys ever read Punisher: Born from the max series by garth ennis? i'm not crazy about Castle killing people Punisher Style before him losing his family.

isn't that what caused frank castle to become the Punisher? I like garth ennis but that seemed like too much of a stretch. He even kills some of his own soldiers