UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NOW! Thunderbolts: Box Set

Zak Katz

Does Deadpool

still have Hamburger Face? I read not long ago that his face was restored and he was relatively normal (possibly even good) looking

?

Also - hot damn, we need a 90's Siryn minimate wink.png

Edited by Nessex

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still don't understand how Venom can have red and not white...

Duh, he joined the "Wolfpack"

uitTz7z.jpg

lol that's the same thing I thought of when I picked up issue #1 of the thunderbolt. This set is a definite must have for me. I just picked up an mvc rulk and I was planning on putting together the rest of the team once I was done with my last two projects for school.

Does Deadpool

still have Hamburger Face? I read not long ago that his face was restored and he was relatively normal (possibly even good) looking

?

Also - hot damn, we need a 90's Siryn minimate wink.png

He got his healing factor (and hamburger face) back at the start of the NOW! relaunch. How is a mystery. He just showed up in the first page slaying a dragon with thor in new york and having his stomach cut open.

And yes, we really need a siryn! Actually we need a deadpool wave!

I just want to point this out for the sake of pointing it out, because I don't think it's been pointed out, or if it has, I missed it...

Anyone who didn't see the pics and is expecting to get a normal Thunderbolt Ross minimate under Red Hulk, expect to be disappointed.

The Ross underneath Red Hulk is more akin to the "Transformation Venom" Topher Grace minimate, from the Spider-Man 3 movie line. He's mid-transformation.

His chest is red, and I believe (going from memory) his arms were half red, half caucasian. I'm honestly not sure if he was supposed to be turning red, or if he had a red shirt tearing off. But in either case, he also has the >:O Mid-Hulking out facial expression... and his eyes may have been yellow, I don't quite remember. But you couldn't even pop the head onto another body really. (Unless it has a second face that wasn't shown?)

So yeah, don't expect him to like... be a standard General Ross in a military uniform or anything.

It's a cool effect, but I personally will be keeping him Red Hulk, and continuing to use the movie Ross for a Ross. We are by no means getting a standard comic book Ross.

I just want to point this out for the sake of pointing it out, because I don't think it's been pointed out, or if it has, I missed it...

Anyone who didn't see the pics and is expecting to get a normal Thunderbolt Ross minimate under Red Hulk, expect to be disappointed.

The Ross underneath Red Hulk is more akin to the "Transformation Venom" Topher Grace minimate, from the Spider-Man 3 movie line. He's mid-transformation.

His chest is red, and I believe (going from memory) his arms were half red, half caucasian. I'm honestly not sure if he was supposed to be turning red, or if he had a red shirt tearing off. But in either case, he also has the >:O Mid-Hulking out facial expression... and his eyes may have been yellow, I don't quite remember. But you couldn't even pop the head onto another body really. (Unless it has a second face that wasn't shown?)

So yeah, don't expect him to like... be a standard General Ross in a military uniform or anything.

It's a cool effect, but I personally will be keeping him Red Hulk, and continuing to use the movie Ross for a Ross. We are by no means getting a standard comic book Ross.

thanks for clearing this up. I imagined he was going to have a lot of red in him, similar to how transforming thing's Ben Grimm was very orange, and the best of Bruce Banner had the green shirt/purple pants.

Slip on mask for DP, hamburger face. People always say they want that, so...

Zach gets it! tongue.png

Besides all necessary serious discussion wheather this set is hot or not based on scientific facts - I wouldn't bluntly call it disappointment - a lot of people will love and buy it for sure, because of people's boundless love for 'mates. I'll buy one for DP and a new slip on mask alone. Deadppol is and always will be - you may quote me here - the tits of every set.

What I really, really hope for is - and I'm wearing my serious face right now - that it's slip over mask and costume match the color of his old wave 28 costume. That would be fantastic!

That makes sense. I couldn't see how the transformation thing would work if he had an army uniform since the colors don't match at all

Gillbob, were you at the panel? Did you say hello? I don't remember meeting you. If I did, I apologize, things were crazy.

Yes, Ross is mid-transformation underneath. Doesn't change my tits comment.

Bob, I don't know why we would match it to the old figure, we were likely given Pantone colors by Marvel.

No plans for a two pack, but we are behind in our planning. Ask DST about an Agent Venom/Red Leader follow-up.

Bob, I don't know why we would match it to the old figure, we were likely given Pantone colors by Marvel.

I'm not sure if you're ironic/sarcastic here (English. Not my native tongue. Sometimes that plays tricks on me.)

As far as I see it, DP is the only one in the Thunderbolts team basicly wearing the usual costume, since it's already red/black. So getting a new DP with the same W28 DP colors would allow to swap parts. None of the post W28 Pools had the same red, so no parts swaps with those. Adding a new mask / facial expression to what might be one of the best 'mates you ever made, would be just great. And vice versa: putting the two old masks on the new one will give us at least three different expressions. And I'd just love this!

____

Edit: Here's a pic of the new Thunderbolts, just in case someone doesn't know what everybody's talking about. Like me, before I googled them.

Edited by Bob Harris

When people say a figure is a waste, and go out of their way to say they won't be getting it, there's clearly a negative reaction from a certain percentage of this forum. And I fully expect everyone to change their tune at one of four moments:

1. When they see them.

2. When they see the accessories/alt looks.

3. When they see the packaging.

4. When they see the in-hand reactions.

Some people here get disappointed when a box set isn't four new characters; I get disappointed when people start from a position of negativity. To each their own.

You mean Caucasian? Yes.

Ha. Ha. You slay me, sir.

Did you mean you hoped she was WEARING white? Sorry, the T-Bolts' new gimmick is they all wear red.
I know that this is your job. And in that you differ from the rest of us. Because we all share the same passion for minimates. But we DID just get a red Elektra in the Shadowlands set. Amazing wave, but arguably the weakest figure. Yes, that was 3 years ago, but I still see that pack bumming around in some stores today. I was disappointed then that she wasn't in her Fall From Grace garb, and I'm disappointed now. There isn't that much that can change on her between Shadowlands and 51. I have faith, I'm excited, but I am also sad. We get another Elektra and she's going to be essentially the same, passing on her white costume once again. :/

When people say a figure is a waste, and go out of their way to say they won't be getting it, there's clearly a negative reaction from a certain percentage of this forum. And I fully expect everyone to change their tune at one of four moments:

1. When they see them.

2. When they see the accessories/alt looks.

3. When they see the packaging.

4. When they see the in-hand reactions.

Some people here get disappointed when a box set isn't four new characters; I get disappointed when people start from a position of negativity. To each their own.

I'll be completely honest with you Zach and everyone here for that matter: I'd rope myself into this category to a certain extent BUT...I'm trying to be optimistic about the situation. For as much as I complain that we still don't have a brotherhood set- DST has really impressed me over the years with the sheer number of waves with consistent figures, uniquely sculpted pieces, and the involvement on the forums and creating fan choice polls on TRU. I don’t have a Blob yet? No biggie. I’ll just make my own with the pieces I have in my collection. Problem solved. (And for those of you who to know how to make your own Blob I'll be posting that soon on Minimate Cookbook, my new DIY blog)

If you don’t like something,don’t look at it/buy it/etc. Move on. Life’s too short to be negative. Worrying is a misuse of the imagination anyway.

Edited by Jeff

If you don’t like something,don’t look at it/buy it/etc. Move on. Life’s too short to be negative. Worrying is a misuse of the imagination anyway.

So basically, you are calling for the internet to cease to exist? huh.pngtongue.png

Bob, I know he's your avatar, but we can't keep adding parts to a figure we made a few years ago. :) Everyone loves that one because it's already tricked out.

The new costume is different than the old one, so it may not be compatible anyway, and I'm not remembering a particularly distinctive expression on his mask. His hamburger head, however, is adorable.

TM2, you're right, Elektra's costume isn't that different. But that's what she wears on the team. I don't know what made her last figure weak, but this one will have an alternate hairpiece, so maybe that will do something for you. I know she's still available in places, but we made Agent Venom only a few months ago, and doing a second Flash in another box set so quickly just seems unfair. And I don't know when she last wore her white look, but Ask DST for a white Elektra and see what Chuck says. ...We haven't made one, right? If Chuck says no, I will paint my Elektra white and mail her to you.