NOW! Thunderbolts: Box Set

Zak Katz

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry people are disappointed in a set they haven't even seen. Masked Deadpool is overdue, Elektra was ten waves ago, this Punisher is modern with a reversible chest block, and transforming Rulk is the tits. It will sell like gangbusters, making more Minimates possible.

Sorry people are disappointed in a set they haven't even seen. Masked Deadpool is overdue, Elektra was ten waves ago, this Punisher is modern with a reversible chest block, and transforming Rulk is the tits. It will sell like gangbusters, making more Minimates possible.

Oh, so it is reversible? That's awesome then. That was my biggest worry about Punisher, cause I didn't really want a one off red shirt. But now he can match along with a red sharpied Venom from the Venom box set, lol.

I love team cohesion!

I am personally really excited to get a new elektra since I didn't get the last one and didn't want the evil daredevil. Also Marvel just announced a new creative team for the book so this is a very exciting set to go along with an exciting new creative team

I don't think anyone doubts the quality of the 'mates themselves Zach, you guys have been knocking it out of the park. I think it's just that all of these characters have been seen in one form or another fairly recently, and when we heard there was a team box set coming out, everyone had a set in mind they were hoping for.

I'm sure the 'mates themselves are awesome and from a marketing standpoint it makes complete sense, I think everyone was just crossing their fingers for a different team.

Slip on mask for DP, hamburger face. People always say they want that, so...

Elektra is not recently done at all. Three years ago? And Red Hulk was two years ago?

Plus, the last two Punishers were classic looks. This is trench coat Tim Bradstreet stylee.

I can't help but think that this set is going to do very well, and I will likely kick myself a year after its release if I don't pick up more than 2 sets. I'm still not sure what my personal opinion will be, but I suspect seeing it in person will win me over... and for what it's worth, Zach, I think some of the reactions over Elektra is due to the fact that it doesn't feel like 2 whole years since the last one was released (March 2011, according to the database. hail Ivan wink.png ) ... maybe I'm only speaking for myself, but I was surprised to realize that much time has passed since wave 38 ...

I'm still picking the set up, possibly two if the multiple looks info is correct. It's just not as exciting a reveal to me as the Strange Tales set was, that's all. I feel like our reactions are being painted as overly negative, but I don't think anyone is bashing the set, just giving their opinions.

When people say a figure is a waste, and go out of their way to say they won't be getting it, there's clearly a negative reaction from a certain percentage of this forum. And I fully expect everyone to change their tune at one of four moments:

1. When they see them.

2. When they see the accessories/alt looks.

3. When they see the packaging.

4. When they see the in-hand reactions.

Some people here get disappointed when a box set isn't four new characters; I get disappointed when people start from a position of negativity. To each their own.

You mean Caucasian? Yes.

Ha. Ha. You slay me, sir.

Did you mean you hoped she was WEARING white? Sorry, the T-Bolts' new gimmick is they all wear red.

Edited by Zach Oat

I am excited, if not for a new Modern Punisher then for another chance at a general ross/red hulk (I never got any of the ross figures or the capcom red hulk so this is awesome for me)

Elektra will be nice to have an extra of and hopefully will come with something cool

Deadpool is always great to have more of and can someone explain hamburger face?

Hey, I get this set-- it's a chance to put four perennial favorites in one box set. It will probably do just as well as the Uncanny X-Force set did, which is obviously the inspiration for this new Thunderbolts book (let's take four loners, put them on a team in special color-specific costumes they only wear in this book, and watch the sparks fly!). I don't plan to buy it, as of now, because I don't like any of those characters, and never have (save Elektra), but I said the same thing about the UXF set, and I still ended up buying that when it came out.

So my negative reaction is due entirely to a set made up of characters I don't like. I don't really care that you've made all these guys before; at this point, there's simply not enough popular unique characters left in the Marvel Universe for you to mine. And you guys ALWAYS make the figures unique, so I know I'm not just buying what I've bought before.

I will say this: the big risk you run in basing sets off these Marvel NOW! titles is that there's no way to know yet if you've bet on the wrong horse. If this book's a stinker and people hate it, it won't matter (much) if it's got transforming Rulk. I think the character selection is probably strong enough to be bulletproof, but I still would have gone with Uncanny Avengers as the first Marvel NOW! box set. It's the flagship title, after all. New costume Cap, new costume Thor, new costume Havok, new costume Rogue, done (though I'm sure all of us here would be lamenting that you didn't find a way to squeeze in Wasp and Sunfire. Look at that, I'm criticizing my own hypothetical speculation of a set that doesn't exist! Wheee!).

I'm really excited! +1

Red Hulk is my most wanted redo

Elektra is important to me so I can have multiples to display her with DD and my Skrulls (I need a Spider Woman still)

Deadpool from series 28 was one of my first 10 mates, I got him from the Friends vs Adversaries box set before I got addicted. He as you all know besides maybe the argument of not liking slip on masks is an unbelievable mate, will this one be as good? few know, I'm excited to see how he turns out.

Punisher in this particular look is how I picture him in my head, I didn't get the original with Blade but I remember wanting him so bad when I first saw him. I didn't collect back then and I personally didn't think he warranted a purchase now, so I bought Punisher from the Movie Set but he doesn't really work for me so I'm really excited about this one.

Thanks Zach! Now! please show pictures