NOW! Thunderbolts: Box Set

Zak Katz

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It won't. Shadowlands Elektra was the weak point, and so is this one. Elektra can be done SO WELL, but DST has yet to pull her off right in a Minimate look. Wave 1 comes the closest.

Pull her off right compared to what reference? Wave 38 was very nice. You honestly think Wave 1 was superior with her blue, mangy hair and "nail clippings" breasts?

Did someone mention before that this Punisher had a reversible chest piece or an extra chest piece with the white skull? I'm down for one set if that's the case.

yep it comes with the white skull too

Is it just me? Or are the prices going up on preorders. BBTS wants $18 for each new box set. Creeping up little by little. I guess if prices go up due to costs, its something we got to live with. Just as long as the quality doesnt drop as prices prices rise (Hasbro).

SRP on Minimate box sets went from 17.99 to 19.99 after New Year's. That's the price our discounts are based on. No plans to drop quality.

It won't. Shadowlands Elektra was the weak point, and so is this one. Elektra can be done SO WELL, but DST has yet to pull her off right in a Minimate look. Wave 1 comes the closest.

I think Minimates will never be fully able to pull off the "woman in swimsuit" look.

Is it just me? Or are the prices going up on preorders. BBTS wants $18 for each new box set. Creeping up little by little. I guess if prices go up due to costs, its something we got to live with. Just as long as the quality doesnt drop as prices prices rise (Hasbro).

SRP on Minimate box sets went from 17.99 to 19.99 after New Year's. That's the price our discounts are based on. No plans to drop quality.

>It won't. Shadowlands Elektra was the weak point, and so is this one. Elektra can be done SO WELL, but DST has yet to pull her off right in a Minimate look. Wave 1 comes the closest.

I think Minimates will never be fully able to pull off the "woman in swimsuit" look.

I did make some hourglass custom figures (elizabeth from bioshock and red harrington) and blocky or not the look doesn't change that much. Wht i'm trying to say is that if the paint apps are good that look can be achieved and from what i'm seeing this elektra looks really cool. DP and Rulk are the stars of the set for me though.

I'll pick up this set because i really like the Red Hulk and the Punisher. My son loved the Deadpool and he doesn't have Elektra yet, so i will probably just give him those. Honestly wish they would have left Elektra out and included Venom instead, that would have made it a must buy for me. I'm sure we will get the Venom with red trim eventually.

http://stuffpoint.com/index.php?r=268517

Love the transforming Ross head. I think Elektra is a great figure, but i was hoping for something a more aggressive in the facial design - or smirky.. or... just something to really set her apart visually from the Shadowlands wave. Deadpool looks great. Looks like a slip-on mask - which not everyone is a fan of, but i really like them. Punisher looks sweet too - That shot-gun is pretty sweet. I always prefer me some new characters, but this set is still pretty solid.

yea Agent Venom shouldn't be too hard since its a repaint

If they do a T-Bolts Venom at some point, it would be great to see not a repaint, but a new sculpt with the more organic, spiney armor he currently has. Especially since this Deadpool appears to be wearing a repaint of his armor from the Venom box set.

yea Agent Venom shouldn't be too hard since its a repaint

If they do a T-Bolts Venom at some point, it would be great to see not a repaint, but a new sculpt with the more organic, spiney armor he currently has. Especially since this Deadpool appears to be wearing a repaint of his armor from the Venom box set.

Your right. They did reuse venom thompsons shin guards. But looks really sweet though. Sucks it doesn't come out till next year.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If Marvel is just announcing it, I doubt a T-Bolts GR would have made it into the line plan for next year. Seems kind of like the addition of Deathlok to Reminder's X-Force that never got made into a mate.

Chuck did say that the 2014 line up wasn't yet filled so even if he doesn't appear with Venom (i'm not so sure who else you could pack him with though, Red-Leader is just a guy with a red-big head in a hoodie,not that exciting)i'm pretty sure he will make it into the line. They culdn't make any GR mates due to the rights issues but now that they're back i think they'll at least consider the big names. Blackheart, a new Johny, a redone Mephisto (i'm happy with my old one bu there is room for improvement),Vengeance, phantom rider,zadkiel, human johny with boomstick,stuff like that.

A halloween wave for next year would be great:

Johny GR/Vengeance

Human Johny/ Mephisto

Phantom Rider/Mindless one or Wendigo

Zarathos/Mindless one or Wendigo

TRU:

Blackheart/Masked Dr Strange

Black Leather blade (the cotm one is really lacking)/TOD Dracula

Man thing/Howard the Duck

Moon Knight/ Deathwatch

Hellstrom/Lucifer or The Hood

And another strange tales-esque boxset:

Living Mummy

Scarecrow

Brother Voodoo

Blackout

Also, they announced a new Ghost Rider ongoing. Hell to the yeah! I'll be definetely picking up GR and Silver Surfer. Maybe, Loki as well. Man, 2014 is looking sweet! Aliens, Pred, GR, SS,Prometheus, AVP, awesome, just awesome!

Edited by Kostisfire