UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusives Revealed!

Zach - this is THE Emma Frost that i have been waiting for. She looks great. The Cyke update was needed & looks well executed. Colossonaut has been rumoured for a while now. And Hope is a new character (to minimates). I'm generally pretty darn happy with this set.

I am hoping we'll see a complimentary Avengers set, the way we saw complimentary Dark Avengers & Thunderbolts box sets a few years back.

It's reasonably inevitable that Cap and or IronMan will be in it, but if we could get a modern Dr Strange & Falcon (oops - i forgot he's in the poll), i'd be pretty happy :)

Is it just me or does Emma Frost have a (True Blood) Pam De Beaufort thing going on?

Bah ha ha! I totally see it. and it's kind of actually how i read Emma in the X-books. An older (like late 40's), predatory woman who's look are fading and insists on being b!tchy & dry at every turn.

And that's not hair behind Hope's knee -- not a Phoenix base, either. New pics soon.
behind hopes knee...is that a jet pack perhaps?

Oooooh - that's a damn good guess! And it'd be a freaking great piece to have in the collection.

EDIT: No Falcon

Edited by Nessex

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if there's only one Marvel set left, that kills the potential of two Alpha Flight sets, so I'm beginning to think Alpha Flight will be its own wave and Brotherhood will either be the AFX boxed set or the TRU poll...

Though it's entirely possible I'm wrong on all accounts, this is just wild speculation based on what I've seen around the forums, lol...

PS. If Alpha Flight is its own wave, it's entirely possible a Shoe-Horned Wolverine could be included, lolz. Also, as I've said three or four times, *Fingers Crossed* on a White Sasquatch variant.

I am pretty stoke for that AvX set. I've been hoping we'd start seeing the modern Xmen pop up. I really like the look of them and I think these 4 are the best representation of the current x books.

As far as Avengers that are important to AvX, Scarlet Witch should be a shoe in.

Edited by demonpr

so sticking to the stuff that has actually been announced:

i love the walking dead set, its simple, its straight forward and its great to get that version of Rick.

i hope it comes with some cool weapons but just getting some walking dead stuff before the official waves launch will be fun :D

the battle beast pack: ill admit my expectations included more new sculpts for the dragon fly, but i still think the set is awesome. Vorin is one of the most beautiful mates ive ever seen and Zik looks like an interesting character, the use of head sculpt is cool and i like getting more of those awesome insect wings. One question: Will Zik have any sort of weapon to combat Vorin with?

The Spiderman pack: i wont say anything negative since thats not constructive. This will be a nice excuse to buy another lizard/spidey to display in a fight scene since my first will be going into a transformation scene.

The X-men set: WOW....even though 3 of 4 are reboots, this set is an all around buy. Multiple buys if i have enough cash at the con. Hope is beautiful, love her new scarf, belt, gloves and hair (could you give us a pic of her without her scarf? and does she come with any guns?) also her secret accessory looks awesome ;). Cyclops is the one ive been waiting for, that design has become a personal favorite of mine (dont get me wrong, the character has become a douche but his look is amazing) any chance he will have an optic blast piece? it looks as if his visor has room for it. Colossus looks great im hoping the chest gets a tad more detail before release but i can deal if it doesnt. The helmet is beautiful and id love to see what his face looks like without it. Emma Frost, YES, you nailed her cape, and her expression! cannot wait to see accessories :D (please soon!)

Is it just me or does Emma Frost have a (True Blood) Pam De Beaufort thing going on?

Bah ha ha! I totally see it. and it's kind of actually how i read Emma in the X-books. An older (like late 40's), predatory woman who's look are fading and insists on being b!tchy & dry at every turn.

Really?? I'm almost the exact opposite. The cougar thing, i totally agree, i mean. But the rest i would say is the vastly different.

After all the work she put into looking like the most beautiful woman in the world, i would think she takes precautions against aging. I dunno if you read her mini, but she was a total loser. One of those really depressing stories about an unattractive, unpopular girl no one likes. But she had Daddy's money. Rebuilt herself, used her newfound looks and power to build her empire, and fell to Shaw when she needed more. Now it's not so much that she's bitchy, it's that she's come to terms with everything she's done in her life (recent Shaw storyline...), is unhappy, but refuses to let Scott and the others see her at her weakest and most insecure. She fixed the beauty outside, but never evolved from the depressed little girl within.

I tried very hard to hate Emma for taking Scott.....but God damn do i love her psyche. Figure is perfect, too... :biggrin:

@Zach, by garbage i meant "literally," because...sewer. Easy variant that i'm not going to buy because it's worthless to ME, but i was only jesting.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

If it's in the poll, it's not in the works, remember. If we had a modern Luke Cage coming, you wouldn't be voting on him.

Only one more Marvel set for SDCC. Plus the TRU poll should be unveiled soon...

Okay. I was just REALLY holding out hope for a classic Falcon (like the one in my signature).

I'm holding out hope for the last Marvel box set, but I'm definitely disappointed that a comic con set has only one new character, and to the person who thought Alpha Flight would get its own wave, I admire your hope but there's no way that will ever happen. I don't hate the set at all, but the AFX set is going to have to be pretty impressive to live up to the hype.

I guess I just long for the days when we got more than one new character in a box set. The Galactus set was amazing, I wish there were more of that sort, especially when it comes to convention sets.

I'm really hoping the final Marvel set is NOT Avengers. I mean, c'mon, we just got a bazillion and one Avengers minimates in regular waves, exclusives, box sets and movie line. Do we really want even MORE right now? I love Avengers as much as the next guy, but I really could do with a break from Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Wolvie and everyone in between. I just started reading the new Uncanny series, so I'd personally love more from that team. Danger, Namor, Magik... All in their updated looks. But please, not another Captain America with bigger star and new grimacing face, or battle damaged Iron Man with grimacing face... You get the picture...

I'm really hoping the final Marvel set is NOT Avengers. I mean, c'mon, we just got a bazillion and one Avengers minimates in regular waves, exclusives, box sets and movie line. Do we really want even MORE right now? I love Avengers as much as the next guy, but I really could do with a break from Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Wolvie and everyone in between. I just started reading the new Uncanny series, so I'd personally love more from that team. Danger, Namor, Magik... All in their updated looks. But please, not another Captain America with bigger star and new grimacing face, or battle damaged Iron Man with grimacing face... You get the picture...

It's not Avengers.

So that means Winter Soldier hasn't been in the works? Interesting. Follow up question -- were characters reserved for the poll?

No, it was based on what was in the works at the time of creation.

I hope it's NOT Alpha Flight!

Sorry for all of you that want them, but there are so many other's I'd rather see first, like finishing the Inhumans, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Thor's supporting cast (Enchantress, etc), Masters of Evil, Wrecking Crew, Fantastic Four allies and foes, and so on. Alpha Flight is so far down the bottom of my wish list. I just don't care for the characters or the designs.

I guess in a way I'm lucky, because my top three choices for a box set have already been ruled out (Cap set, Wrecking Crew, Masters of Evil) so whatever it is likely won't disappoint as I don't have my hopes up for anything in particular.

There REALLY needs to be more than one new character though....that's become a very frustrating trend.

I love the AvX set - for its newly sculpted parts and a great updated Emma Frost.

I agree with BHM on the dragonfly, but I don't want to argue. Vorin looks great!

Spidey. Yeah. Ehm. Nope.

Walking Dead: I must say that I thought Rick's bandaged arm would look a little different. I don't know. Still he looks great. Other than that: I agree with those who mentioned the zombies could be a little more exciting, especially since sculpted parts are cheaper than tampos - if that is still the case.

I hope it's NOT Alpha Flight!

Sorry for all of you that want them, but there are so many other's I'd rather see first, like finishing the Inhumans, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Thor's supporting cast (Enchantress, etc), Masters of Evil, Wrecking Crew, Fantastic Four allies and foes, and so on. Alpha Flight is so far down the bottom of my wish list. I just don't care for the characters or the designs.

I think that really just shows how many choices there are for a box set. In all honesty, I'd be super stoked for everything except the Inhumans and maybe the FF stuff. I never cared much for the FF by themselves, and I know next to diddly about the Inhumans.

But I do love Alpha Flight and the white-Maple Leaf motif of their costumes. I've always found it super appealing. Were they to be made, I'd be one happy camper. But more villains is always welcome.

The Battle Beasts set intrigues me. I *like* the thin, skinny body on Mr. Dragonfly.

The Walking Dead set look great, too, and I look forward to hopefully getting a couple of those.

I wasn't a big fan of the Spideys and Lizards for any of the movie waves, though, so I'm not surprised that this set doesn't knock me out. I'm not the audience it's aiming for, though, so no big deal. They look good for what they are.

I guess it's the AvX set that has me a little bummed out.

I was really hoping for at least one more classic Avengers set with some new guys... or the Inhumans... or a comic book Spidey set... or Alpha Flight... Wrecking Crew or Masters of Evil. Fantastic Four or something with some new villains.

I guess it's also the inclusion of a modern Falcon on the poll and not the classic version I've been pining for all along that has me a little unenthused. Others seem to be happy with this set, though, so I'm glad that they're getting stuff that they want. :)

Edited by Mystery Man

I was a little crestfallen heraing it was an AvX set but once I actually heard who was in it, and saw them, I felt much better. I've wanted updates on both modern and Claremont era Cylcops for a while and Emma's always welcome since she hasn't had a comic based version in at least 3 years. I don't know how I feel about Colossonaut from a story standpoint but the minimate looks great! I trust in Kieron Gillen that it's at least a decent story (he's been doing some great stuff in Journey into Mystery) so It's cool to see it here, especially since this also works as a set for the current team in Uncanny. I don't know how different Magik is in the current title but take MvC Storm and Magneto then we're only a X-Namor and Danger away from it. Hope looks great and both her and Emma's capes look like standout new pieces. Can't wait for the tray pics!

I'm glad for the Battlebeast pack as it gives a chance to grab Vorin without paying crazy prices for him. Zik looks a little odd but I blame that on the photoshopping of the pic and the fact I'm only seeing this on my iPad. He's definitely unique though and I think he'll probably improve greatly in my mind when I actually have one. I wasn't a huge fan of the Theater Ghost until I had one either.

The ASM pack is ok but it's a good chance to get casual eyes on the line while still having a unique look. Plus, you can have sewer hands and feet for any minimate now! I'm still not sure the movie won't be a hot mess but the minimates for it have been a bonanza of new parts and looks so I've got no problem with it.

I actually like the Walking Dead pack the most next to AvX; Rick looks great and the zombie has a fun look, particuarly the sandals. I don't mind the zombies lacking really extreme looks every time as I'll probably display them as a big horde where most of the lower leg details and such are obscured. I had forgotten Rick had to crossdraw for a while and it's cool this mate reflects. Any idea on if it'll include accessories, even if it's just an extra unmangled arm?

No offense intended, bhm. I just was surprised you don't know our methods by now. Figured you'd be one of the first to spot the parts and question the paint job. And I would definitely argue that Tuesday does not follow Thursday, at least as general rule.

No offense taken :thumbsup:

I couldn't tell if you were serious or not, so I answered it for future reference, in case anyone doesn't know.

By Zemo, do you mean Baron Zemo, or someone else?

I think you'll get to know when I'm serious :thumbsup:

My reference was to Zemo,Baron Zemo ,'your' nemesis Bucky :biggrin: post-638-0-62946100-1338896376_thumb.jpg