• Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, are we guessing at what we think the final lineup will actually be, or laying out what our own lineups would be based on our votes?

Having now seen the whole slate of candidates, would you go back and change any of your earlier votes based on subsequent reveals?

Edited by Lobsterman

Now that the last poll is up, I think it's safe for me to say that I'd gladly buy any combination of these 'mates offered. These were all good choices, in my opinion, for a variety of reasons. I've certainly got my preferences but, damn, this is a fun-filled group of ballots.

Wait, are we guessing at what we think the final lineup will actually be, or laying out what our own lineups would be based on our votes?

I laid out my guess at the lineup, but I didn't vote for all those characters.

Ghost Rider looks to be a lock, and the only character that makes sense to pair him with is Vengeance.

Falcon and Zemo are a great match up.

Banshee is going to be a lock too, so a variant Siryn makes sense, as does packing her with Madrox.

My REAL guess is that the majority of these 'mates will be made by Wave 60.

Having now seen the whole slate of candidates, would you go back and change any of your earlier votes based on subsequent reveals?

I was asking about who you voted for, not who you think will win. But YouBastards has to go and do his own thing....

Just FYI, the poll here is not representative of the Marvel.com poll. Many of the frontrunners there are different. Haven't looked at MMHQ yet.

First poll has nearly 10,000 votes cast!

Wow, that's impressive. And only 9,500 are Kostisfire!:)

I would expect the general Marvel audience to vote differently then the hardcore Minimate fan. I can't imagine Songbird, for example, is getting that much outside support, since most people have no idea she's needed to complete the original Ellis Thunderbolts. I also think Winter Soldier (whom I'd say is the most high-profile character/look in the entire poll) is a mortal lock. Personally, I'll only really be disappointed if we don't get Zemo out of this.

Yeah, I'd guess Songbird is dead and buried in the the general poll. Based on current visibility, I would think Falcon and Winter Soldier have the best shot from that group, although I'd hardly call it a mortal lock. Banshee could be a surprise, but I doubt he's doing as well as he is here. I also don't think Rogers is doing as poorly there as here.

As far as the villains go, I think Apocalypse is dominating, based on the popularity of X-Force and his prominent role in recent story arcs. Mojo is probably hanging on, too. I think we're going to be shocked at how well Zemo doesn't do based on his support here.

Army builders: who knows. I think that will be a toss-up in both places.

If our poll leaders like Songbird, Banshee, and Zemo go down in flames (as I suspect they will), hopefully DST will sneak them into a TRU wave as a consolation (he said while making big puppy dog eyes at Zach)...

Edited by Lobsterman

I can't imagine Songbird, for example, is getting that much outside support, since most people have no idea she's needed to complete the original Ellis Thunderbolts.

Still don't get this thing where she's supposedly obscure. If the general Marvel audience read comics then they've probably seen her in the last 175 issues of Thunderbolts.

Let's see. Mine would be:

Ghost Rider / Wrecker

Cap-Wolf / Songbird

Baron Zemo / Nova Centurions

Citizen V / Nova Centurion

Yeah, these pairings are really silly. Not at all who I think the wave will actually be, either, just what I would like my votes to do. Unless we only need one a-lister, then I dump Cap-Wolf (apologies) for oh I don't care, anyone in poll #2. Flacon probably.

I can't imagine Songbird, for example, is getting that much outside support, since most people have no idea she's needed to complete the original Ellis Thunderbolts.

Still don't get this thing where she's supposedly obscure. If the general Marvel audience read comics then they've probably seen her in the last 175 issues of Thunderbolts.

The general Marvel audience don't all collect minimates (sadly). They aren't necessarily up on what's out and what isn't, and might not be aware of Songbird being the only unmade Thunderbolt from that particular roster.

Just FYI, the poll here is not representative of the Marvel.com poll. Many of the frontrunners there are different. Haven't looked at MMHQ yet.

First poll has nearly 10,000 votes cast!

Wow, that's impressive. And only 9,500 are Kostisfire!:)

I'm proud to help ghost rider come out on top! And you know,the other less important characters like zemo and winter soldier.

The general Marvel audience don't all collect minimates (sadly). They aren't necessarily up on what's out and what isn't, and might not be aware of Songbird being the only unmade Thunderbolt from that particular roster.

Yes, but my point was that if we're assuming there's this big "general Marvel audience" browsing the Marvel Comics website and voting on Minimate polls even though they don't collect Minimates, then they probably read comics to some degree, and would be aware of Songbird since she's been the only constant Thunderbolt member in what has been a very long-running series. Minimate collectors might vote for her just to finish the Ellis team (though again, I'd argue they might just like the character), but I'm saying general Marvel fans know who she is enough that they're just as likely to click on her as on any other choice in the poll.

I'm calling it. Waves 48 and 49 will be Fantastic Four and Hulk waves. Moloids will be an army builder. FF villain will be Puppet Master.

(coughIronMan3cough)

Im3 comes out in may.

IM3 toy designs will be embargoed until at least Toy Fair 2013. They've probably started design but they won't actually hit until after wave 50. The next three released waves will be comic if my trusty magic eight ball is correct.

Edit: and to expand my prediction, I'm going to say the FF wave is:

Dark FF uniform Johnny / Crystal

Dark FF Mr. Fantastic / Puppet Master

Dark FF Thing / Moloid

Variant Dark FF She-Hulk / Moloid

fantasticfour1961series337.jpg

Edited by Jatta Pake

The next three released waves will be comic if my trusty magic eight ball is correct.

I hope so! More specifically, I hope there are more classic comic designs instead of flavor-of-the-month storyline variants.

Less "Curse of the Mutants" and "Age of X", bring on more Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Masters of Evil, Warriors Three, Inhumans, etc, etc!!

I'm calling it. Waves 48 and 49 will be Fantastic Four and Hulk waves. Moloids will be an army builder. FF villain will be Puppet Master.

(coughIronMan3cough)

Im3 comes out in may.

IM3 toy designs will be embargoed until at least Toy Fair 2013. They've probably started design but they won't actually hit until after wave 50. The next three released waves will be comic if my trusty magic eight ball is correct.

The next four waves, you mean? 47 (X-men comics wave), 48 (?), 49 (?), 50 (Fan choice comics wave). Seems unlikely. Based on previous release schedules, I don't think they would be able to push out those four waves plus a fifth IM3 movie wave between September (when 47 is supposed to hit) and early to mid April (the month-or-so lead time they've been giving movie-based waves).

I'd guess wave 48 is comic-based (we're due for a Spidey wave) in December/January, 49 is IM3 in April, and 50 hits around August of next year.

Edited by Lobsterman