• Dire Wraiths
    • HAMMER Agents
    • Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)
    • Mandroids
    • Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

Fwoosh used to be a very friendly place. And then... I don't know. They've always had a strong Marvel Legends bent, the less like ML something is, the further down their pecking order it falls. But IMO somewhere along the way, when they started getting interviews and access to more professionals, they've gotten a little full of themselves. Which is ironic, I was active there when Jesse Falcon was as much a regular there as Zach is here now, somehow getting Hasbro and Mattel's attention must be a different level "cool". (that and I never would have guessed one of the main mods there now would have let the position go to his head like it has back when I knew him as a simple customizer) Sometimes I feel like unlurking just to remind them "I knew them when".

Anyway we'll see what happens in two weeks when the villain section comes up.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fwoosh used to be a very friendly place. And then... I don't know. They've always had a strong Marvel Legends bent, the less like ML something is, the further down their pecking order it falls. But IMO somewhere along the way, when they started getting interviews and access to more professionals, they've gotten a little full of themselves. Which is ironic, I was active there when Jesse Falcon was as much a regular there as Zach is here now, somehow getting Hasbro and Mattel's attention must be a different level "cool". (that and I never would have guessed one of the main mods there now would have let the position go to his head like it has back when I knew him as a simple customizer) Sometimes I feel like unlurking just to remind them "I knew them when".

I can remember when I first started going there, and there was a stickied thread at the top of the Marvel board entitled "Everybody Chill!" It's a place where people can be so hostile to each other that you can actually deem someone an enemy. Just crazy.

A few of us have had this argument before, but my personal take:

Spidey

Wolverine

Hulk

Iron Man

Cap

Thor (to some extent)

(DC would be the Big 3)

So, basically, household names.

I'd add the X-Men collectively, and I'd put Flash and GL on the same level as Thor (A-?). But, really, that's it.

Yeah i remember the good ol' Jesse Falcon days... I've never been a hyper-active poster, but even as a lurker I have seen somewhat of a tone shift. However there are plenty of folks who post to those boards who I consider to be pretty stand-up individuals. It's like anywhere, there are jerks and cool cats. Not everywhere can boast the coolness ratio that MMM can. :)

Yeah i remember the good ol' Jesse Falcon days... I've never been a hyper-active poster, but even as a lurker I have seen somewhat of a tone shift. However there are plenty of folks who post to those boards who I consider to be pretty stand-up individuals. It's like anywhere, there are jerks and cool cats. Not everywhere can boast the coolness ratio that MMM can. :)

elhonez, is that Mr Fear in your avatar?

I'm not saying a Hydro-armor Iron Man shouldn't be made, but I hope the IM armors don't turn into the variant strategy Kenner used with Batman (and Mattel continues): Arctic Armor Batman, Lava Blast Batman, Jungle Camo Batman, etc.

Though I guess there's Marvel precedent, as Hasbro has done the same thing with Spidey... sigh

I'm pretty sure DST have explicitly said they won't ever do that, only armors/costumes that appeared in the comics.

So Zach is MSWord on Fwoosh? Sorry, I'm a little slow. I'm struggling to understand why Wrecker would be an option on any poll based on this thread.

Speaking of Fwoosh, wasn't there a big split where a bunch of the hateful members started their own forum called Doosh? I visited it once and it felt like the love child of Hitler and Jeffrey Dahmer.

So Zach is MSWord on Fwoosh? Sorry, I'm a little slow. I'm struggling to understand why Wrecker would be an option on any poll based on this thread.

Speaking of Fwoosh, wasn't there a big split where a bunch of the hateful members started their own forum called Doosh? I visited it once and it felt like the love child of Hitler and Jeffrey Dahmer.

"Marvel Select Word" I suppose. Maybe to keep his cover as DST Zach?

Yea...Fwoosh is just....shudder...

I won't lie: I voted for Iron Man 2020 exactly for the fact that he's a bad guy though I do wonder if he's likely to make it in later. There's more Arno Stark merchandise than I'd ever have thought would be made over the years but I think it's time. Other choice was based on the need for parts so I picked extra rocky Thing.

The "need for parts" argument for Thing makes as little sense to me as the "need for shuriken" argument. Who would you be building with said parts, besides Rocky Thing? Krakoa? A crazy Iceman? ...Never mind, I guess that would be cool.

That's because you're not a customizer. Figuring out what you can do with new parts is half the fun of Minimate reveals for us; I can't tell you how excited I was when MAX first debuted and I realized I could use the gasmask to finish my Sandman Mystery Theater Wes Dodds. I almost voted for Ghost Rider so that I could have a new flame head for my Firestorm (and didn't because it's a blue flame head). I don't know what he's planning to make with the Thing, but I can understand the logic behind the vote.

I don't customize as much nowadays, and I never did much Minimate customization, but I made a ton of Mego customs in the Twisted ToyFare days, and several of my childhood G.I. Joes are still painted to look like members of WildC.A.T.s. So I certainly get why someone might need a gas mask or a flame hair piece. I just didn't see how Rocky Thing parts -- granted, I haven't seen the parts yet -- could be used for anyone else. But then I corrected myself. Krakoa, Iceman, an Inhumanoid, a Crystar villain, yadda yadda yadda... Could be cool. I just love that version of Thing, so whatever gets it more votes.

Apologies for not recognizing your customizing background; no offense intended (and I don't think you took offense, mind you... oh, never mind). I should have said "Minimate customizer".

I'm very curious to see your G.I.C.A.T.S. :biggrin:

I'm not much of a customizer either but when I see those spiky parts I think 2 things: Chaos King and the Regenerators/Iron Maidens from RE4. Also, painting him green and making an X-mas ornament.

Now that it was mentioned that Hydro Iron Man could help make the Scorcher... like Shamrock, I regret my vooooooooote!

I've never even heard of Fwoosh! But from my experience here everyone has been very nice and accommodating, so I see no reason to open pandoras box and see what you all are talking about. But I am curious what you mean by hostile.

I've never even heard of Fwoosh! But from my experience here everyone has been very nice and accommodating, so I see no reason to open pandoras box and see what you all are talking about. But I am curious what you mean by hostile.

I would say it's a problem with being a much bigger forum. Here we're all united by Minimates and it's a close-knit family. We have squabbles and mock each other's nuances, but there isn't real hating. Fwoosh, being a big toy forum, has a large member amount and therefore lots of people with different attitudes and tastes, and a lot more clashing as a result.

Fwoosh is a VERY helpful resource and very reliable for information. But the people suck.

I would say it's a problem with being a much bigger forum. Here we're all united by Minimates and it's a close-knit family. We have squabbles and mock each other's nuances, but there isn't real hating. Fwoosh, being a big toy forum, has a large member amount and therefore lots of people with different attitudes and tastes, and a lot more clashing as a result.

Fwoosh is a VERY helpful resource and very reliable for information. But the people suck.

Well said; only thing I'd add is that there's a big sense of entitlement among the collectors there, and they are often hyper-critical and downright insulting of toy company reps (for example, look at their reaction to the recent Masters of the Universe figure designed by Mattel brand manager Scott Neitlich).

Okay, this doesn't need to turn into a Fwoosh sucks campaign. Like elhonez said, there are some stand up guys there, and some jerks. For me, the ratio is such that after about 3 years of heavy personal activity, I left and never really returned. (went by MightyMiryClay there, if anyones' curious) YMMV.

But rather than focus on what happened there, let's be thankful for what we have here. I have not found a place like this online, with such a strong sense of mutual respect (sometimes deeply buried under mounds of sarcastic derision), in a long, long time. We don't need to take that for granted.

I'm confused by all the votes for Ghost Rider. I'm WAY behind in what's going on in the Marvel Universe but is GR a major player in the current Marvel events?

It's just that he's the most appealing. We haven't seen Ketch since the Target exclusive, and it's his modern blue-flame look. He's also the least exposed of all the choices.

Not that i really want him, i like Blaze, just it makes sense.

Let's guess next week's poll options:

Rick Jones

Pepper Potts

Jarvis

Foggy Nelson

Robbie Robertson

Betsy Ross

Franklin Richards

Moira MacTaggert

Jane Foster

Odin

Or how about the greatest ten pack ever for the 10 year anniversary?

I'm confused by all the votes for Ghost Rider. I'm WAY behind in what's going on in the Marvel Universe but is GR a major player in the current Marvel events?

It's just that he's the most appealing. We haven't seen Ketch since the Target exclusive, and it's his modern blue-flame look. He's also the least exposed of all the choices.

Actually the Target GR was called Marvel Knights Ghost Rider. The MK comics series is when Blaze/Zarathos started dressing like the Ketch Rider, only in all black... exactly like that minimate. So technically we haven't had a new Ketch Ghost Rider since wave... 6? And since Johnny stole Dan's look, Marvel came up with a pretty cool alternative look for Ketch now that Dan has become a Ghost Rider again.

Why the votes? I can only speak for me, but it was very much a combination of liking the new look and "if not now, when?" kindda thing.

Let's guess next week's poll options:

Rick Jones

Pepper Potts

Jarvis

Foggy Nelson

Robbie Robertson

Betsy Ross

Franklin Richards

Moira MacTaggert

Jane Foster

Odin

Or how about the greatest ten pack ever for the 10 year anniversary?

I think that could be the best-selling ten-pack we've ever made! I know the Daughters of the American Revolution would be all over it.

The Fwoosh guys are okay. Every now and then you get a guy who's there just to comment on how awful a product is, but mostly they seem all right. The Marvel Select guys are VERY particular, more particular than you guys. Haven't gotten the feel for the Minimates board yet.

And yes, I'm MSWord. "MS" could stand for Marvel Select or Marketing Supervisor, but I probably should have just gone with DSTZach. I was supposed to be that on here, but I got my fields mixed up.

And I have pillowcases with Gideon on them, so I wouldn't use that as an indicator of A-List.