UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strike two for me on the Grim Reaper set. Stopped at a Disney Store on the way to see Mom today and they had the same thing out as my local store... full case of 12 Kang sets, no sign of the other set.

I brought a picture with me this time to try and get them to check the back, but they were short-staffed, it was crowded and I didn't have the time to wait.

Maybe the third time will be a charm... or I'll just order it online and be done with it.

I'm sorry. Camping out for an iphone makes as much sense as camping out for a Spider-Man minimate: You know another one will be coming out in a few months, so what's the point?

A lot of folks have been commenting about having positive experiences with Disney Store "cast members". I learned not to long ago that the Disney Store retail folks enjoy all of the same benefits as other domestic Disney employees - full healthcare, Silver Pass, 35% discount, career advancement opportunities, etc. Not trying to come across like a recruiter, just wanted to reinforce Mnemosis idea that companies that treat their employees well deliver better product and services. Go figure.

Thanks Jatta. Also, this just gave me an idea - apply at the Disney Store when I'm there tomorrow =)

I love the photos DIsney Story took!

-Hulk standing on the rocks!

-Alternate Head Thor wearing his arm guard on his shoulder and HOLDING HIS OWN HAND to spin his hammer

-Kang with modernist bean bag chair form the O’Keeffe collection.

-Group Shot Iron Man listing forward (his solo shot provides context, but on the group shot it looks like Tony’s back on the sauce)

I’m honestly not pointing out these pictures to be mean, I LOVE catalog shots like this where the store photographer has no idea what they’re looking at and makes their best guess as to what it is. It makes the pictures seem more ‘real’

And they won't ship them internationally :angry:

What he said ........ I'm not bothered & ,as usual, I will remain calm & Spocklike.

Move to next post please.

What a bunch of smiley-faced twats ....why f*cking let someone set up a bloody account with everything in sh*tt*ng place just to dump them.... just to be b*stards.... at the end of the transaction when they are getting their hopes up ??? Donald & Mickey suck & Walt's a w&nker. Whadya expect from a company that gave the world that b$tch Poppins & that nob, Suck Van Dike . Tossers.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Ordered from Disney Store as soon as I saw the mentioning of them being up. If I don't jump on things right as they appear they tend to disappear quite quickly. (ANy TRU Minimates show that)

I love the photos DIsney Story took!

-Hulk standing on the rocks!

-Alternate Head Thor wearing his arm guard on his shoulder and HOLDING HIS OWN HAND to spin his hammer

-Kang with modernist bean bag chair form the O'Keeffe collection.

-Group Shot Iron Man listing forward (his solo shot provides context, but on the group shot it looks like Tony's back on the sauce)

I'm honestly not pointing out these pictures to be mean, I LOVE catalog shots like this where the store photographer has no idea what they're looking at and makes their best guess as to what it is. It makes the pictures seem more 'real'

I didn't notice at first that Thor was holding his hand by the wrist peg.:lol: Also, while Thor's wrist bands are all the way around his deltoid, both sets of Hawkeye's bands are around his forearms. Oh well, the figures look spectacular. Off to the Disney Store!

thanks for the links Lurch

if you order from the DisneyStore.com, use promo code L211101E6MKZH05 to get 20% off your order. it knocked $7.80 off the 2 sets ($15.60 each) which ends up covering the standard shipping cost of $7.50. if you live somewhere with no tax, the total ends up being $38.70 shipped :biggrin:

Edited by tones

Sets have been turning up in Disney Stores since last week, and should be available in all today. I'm going to give mine a few hours to get open and set up before I barrel over there.

I just hope that these don't sell out from DS or Marvel.com before Mystery Man has a chance to order them; I don't think any of us want to see the consequences of that.:ermm:

I went to my local (IE - two hours away) Disney Store last Saturday and came up empty. They had FF sets on clearance but said the Avengers wouldn't show up 'til maybe Wednesday. (They must be busy making billions at the box office.)

Sets have been turning up in Disney Stores since last week, and should be available in all today. I'm going to give mine a few hours to get open and set up before I barrel over there.

I just hope that these don't sell out from DS or Marvel.com before Mystery Man has a chance to order them; I don't think any of us want to see the consequences of that.:ermm:

I appreciate you worrying about me! :highfive2:

I actually got in really late this morning, set an alarm and STILL slept through it! Luckily somebody sent me a text message and it just jolted me awake. Got on here in a hurry, went to Disneystore in a rush and bought my sets! YAY!

Also, thanks to youbastards and tones for the discount awesomeness!

Man oh man oh man, I can't wait to get these! :D