UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The heads that comes with Movie Hawkeye and this Boxset Hawkeye both have really light blue eyes, but if that doesn't matter to anyone, I think that Kirk probably would be pretty good. I have none of the Star Trek mates, but someone should throw this together so we can see how it looks.

EDIT: other possibilities I've found could be Mini-Javelin Flash, Booster Gold or DC Series 1 Batman (or more correctly the face under the batman Mask.

Edited by The Geohound

Um... what about the old Hawkeye's head? The face on him was the part that worked.

And if I have one complaint... well kinda complaint, one of those small little niggles that you feel bad mentioning... with the new Hawkeye is the little arrow holder on his bow is on the wrong side. The Quiver is mounted to be best reached with right hand, bow in the left hand, in which case the arrow would be place on the "outside" edge of the bow, not the "inside" where the arrow clip is now. I only noticed because every time I try to pose him with arrow drawn, it looks "off". Tiny, tiny little thing all in all. Glad Zach hinted he was coming out, though it probably cost him a few "Worthy" boxed set pre-orders.

I didn't manage to check old Hawkeye yet, but the thought had occurred to me. But from the database pics, his eyes look a bit farther apart than the new mask will allow for. I check. Hang on.

EDIT: I was wrong. The eyes are fine, but the mouth is a bit higher on the face, at least on mine, so the mask kind of overlaps it a bit.

Edited by The Geohound

And if I have one complaint... well kinda complaint, one of those small little niggles that you feel bad mentioning... with the new Hawkeye is the little arrow holder on his bow is on the wrong side. The Quiver is mounted to be best reached with right hand, bow in the left hand, in which case the arrow would be place on the "outside" edge of the bow, not the "inside" where the arrow clip is now. I only noticed because every time I try to pose him with arrow drawn, it looks "off". Tiny, tiny little thing all in all.

Oh you are just the worst kind of person.

:lol:

I must say, Kang turned out nice. Don't have any interest in him, but he still is nice.

Speaking of which, if anyone has any extras from buying too many Kangs/Grim Reapers, talk to me. I still need to start up my collection, and the other parts of this set would help.

well it took three phone calls, and one cross town drive but i got them! they only had the kang boxset out, but on me 3rd call i asked them to look in the back. while she was not able to do it then she said would check in the back later. i figured "yeah right, she would forget." but sure enough upon arriving at the store they had both sets waiting for me. the lady said that i was right that they had them in the back. so nice and pleasant, if not for the drive, and the price, i would say let ditch tru and get disney.

Futuristic flex metal face mask on his armor. Some depictions show Kang as wearing form fitting blue flexible metal armor under the green tunic, with the outer helmet, collar piece and belt being placed over it all. How does rigide metal flex? And if it's flexing, how the heck does it provide and protection? Ask Stark, his armors used it for decades before Grell redesigned everything. Actually that one I do know: micro chain mail "stiffened" with magnetic force fields. Kang's armor goes a step further, and provides an animated face plate. Without the face place, Kang looks like Rama Tut and Immortus, unsurprisingly.

Futuristic flex metal face mask on his armor. Some depictions show Kang as wearing form fitting blue flexible metal armor under the green tunic, with the outer helmet, collar piece and belt being placed over it all. How does rigide metal flex? And if it's flexing, how the heck does it provide and protection? Ask Stark, his armors used it for decades before Grell redesigned everything. Actually that one I do know: micro chain mail "stiffened" with magnetic force fields. Kang's armor goes a step further, and provides an animated face plate. Without the face place, Kang looks like Rama Tut and Immortus, unsurprisingly.

Thanks for the cool Kang armor lesson Professor Miry.

professor7110.gif

You sir are better than the internet. :thumbsup:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

What exactly is wrong with the hawkeye face? I think it's great. I'm way behind in comics but hasn't he been mre serious since he came back from the dead?

Yes, just pop him in the freezer for 10 - 15 minutes and it should come off with a little effort. If not, just leave him in a little longer. I have been doing this with all my new Minimates and it works like a charm.

Ok..maybe i'm not doing this right..but i've had this arm in the freezer for like 405 minutes and this scythe ain't moving. Any other advice?

What exactly is wrong with the hawkeye face? I think it's great. I'm way behind in comics but hasn't he been mre serious since he came back from the dead?

Nothings "wrong", just prefrence thing. Angry Hawkeye is perfectly valid as expressions go, some of us just preffer to see his smirky displayed. So we're looking for a QC that'll work for that.

Nothings "wrong", just prefrence thing. Angry Hawkeye is perfectly valid as expressions go, some of us just preffer to see his smirky displayed. So we're looking for a QC that'll work for that.

Gotcha. I just remembering someone posting about how the face has to go but not providing a reason why. then folks just talking about substitute heads. Now I know...and knowing is half the battle!

Gotcha. I just remembering someone posting about how the face has to go but not providing a reason why. then folks just talking about substitute heads. Now I know...and knowing is half the battle!

Yea it's all personal preference. Angry is what i think of Secret Avengers Hawkeye, but my preferred is confident Hawkeye, so Renner's head is perfect for me.

As far as the Hawkeye smirk, has anyone tried Guy Gardner yet. That smirking bastard is my template for a Starfox custom :P

Not sure if anyone saw, but BBTS has the sets on their site too. At the low,low price of $28.99 ea. :biggrin:

Edited by bilbofett

The man always has the answers.

Had it not been explained earlier this month that it's actually not pronounced 'Mi-rhee', i'd have suggested we redub you SiriMate :P