UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Jason. Hopefully they don't pull they same 'we can't sell them untio the 14th' story out for you also.

Interesting, wonder whether they'd say the same thing if you were in the store. General consensus is Disney staff, unlike their TrU counterparts, are actually very switched-on and helpful?

Of course, their are exceptions to both rules!

Good luck Jason. Hopefully they don't pull they same 'we can't sell them untio the 14th' story out for you also.

Interesting, wonder whether they'd say the same thing if you were in the store. General consensus is Disney staff, unlike their TrU counterparts, are actually very switched-on and helpful?

Of course, their are exceptions to both rules!

I called my local Disney Store (brand new in Salt Lake City) and they were over-the-top helpful. She took the chordless phone (different than a Power Chord, Favorite Chord or Chord-a-roy pants) with her into the stockroom to look for the box. They did have some Avengers product in but apparently no minimates yet. She did say they would be getting more product in and by 1:00 Thursday they would know exactly what was in stock. I've never had a TRU person ever be that helpful. :)

Edited by The Vox

I have yet to talk to a Disney 'cast member' that didn't seem to have flowers growing out their rears. However, all the politeness int he world doesn't help the fact that they won't sell product they have before a certain date when other stores seem to not care. Again, please take my money now while I'm willing to spend it at your store.

I have yet to talk to a Disney 'cast member' that didn't seem to have flowers growing out their rears. However, all the politeness int he world doesn't help the fact that they won't sell product they have before a certain date when other stores seem to not care. Again, please take my money now while I'm willing to spend it at your store.

Street dates are fairly common in many areas of retail. In my old life managing a record store, we'd get in big trouble if we sold a new release before the street date. I'm a little surprised that we're seeing this now, since the movie's opened already; it would make sense if they were holding back Avengers product until May 4th, but now, not so much. Anyway, be a grownup and wait the week. :biggrin:

I'm nervous about these ....I'm hoping they'll be plentiful.

If they are shipped and stocked anything like the previous DS exclusives, it shouldn't be a problem. I believe box sets are a dozen to a case, and they usually put them all out, and restock without a problem. My only concern is that, if one set is indeed coming out before the other, they might not recognize they have a whole 'nother set and not more of the same. But, as we talked about earlier in this thread, I'm betting that the difference in packaging will be enough to make sure that doesn't happen.

My Disney Store here in the Austin area had a full load out of both sets, so I don't think it's going to be a problem. I did have to call twice, but the second time I remembered that the clerks don't know minimates like we do, so I asked if they had the Avengers figures that were like Lego people. They knew exactly what I was talking about, once I used that description.

Rex!

1336668420[/url]' post='224990']
1336667798[/url]' post='224986']Anyway, be a grownup and wait the week. :biggrin:

But I want it now! And if I don't get it now, I'm going to throw a fit on the Disney Store floor until I get my way.

I'm not saying you should do this, but if you do, bring a video camera or something so we can all watch later. Quality entertainment is so tough to come by sometimes.

Here's the message I got from them when I emailed 'em about getting them offa the website:

A launch date for the exclusive box sets of Marvel Minimates by Diamond

Select Toys is not available at this time. Please continue

to visit MarvelStore.com periodically to check for availability.

Still no dice here.. but the store said if these are available on their website and they still don't have them in-store then they would order a set for me with free shipping or give me a free shipping voucher to order my own online. I'm pretty sure they'll have some out next week, but I must say:

The Salt Lake City Disney Store has just earned my allegiance.

Still no dice here.. but the store said if these are available on their website and they still don't have them in-store then they would order a set for me with free shipping or give me a free shipping voucher to order my own online.

I know TRU does this but is this common practice for all Disney Stores? The store here doesn't have them yet, but they said they're on their way.

This is still tripping my head a little... on April 17th Zach posted the teaser image here, 9 days later there was the official announcement. Now here we are less than a month from the first teaser image, and some of us have Kang in hand. I've gotten quite used to there being months between annoucements and release, so this just too much almost. The mind boggles.:wacko:

Everyone, INSPECT your Kangs.

Just picked up a wonderful set from my Disney store, as they had many on the pegs, and i didn't notice till i got home. One of the elbow pegs doesn't even stay on, and the left upper-arm is actually a right arm, so the elbow won't bend. Exchanging mine tomorrow, but seeing as how Kang is the real draw of the set, it'd be nice to have an actual "perfect" one.