UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

I still prefer Ultimate Wasp. A lot of nice, sad characterization there, and the costume was very nice. Not as nice as the black and yellow from above, but nice.

That, and i just want my Ultimates finished...

So long as we don't get an 'Ultimatum' Wasp with Blob 2-pack....those who have read that comic know what I am talking about...

That was . . . . upsetting. Really upsetting. i have never read the Ultimate universe, but since Loeb was on board with this and i liked Long Halloween, i thought i'd read Ultimatum.

I ultimately ended up regretting it.

It treated a lot of it's characters pretty poorly, Janet's treatment particularly so..

Edited by Nessex

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say that the X-men/Spidey confrontation always felt weirder to me than the whole Wasp characterization but I've read less late 70's and early 80's Avengers than I'd like, while the Essential X-men volumes were being published right around when I read Secret Wars. I love Spidey but for the longest time I really wondered if Shooter was secretly giving the X characters a beatdown because he resented them being neck-and-neck in sales with Legion for a long time or something.

Truthfully that scene still doesn't bother me. His speed and Spider-sense make him ridiculously hard to hit, and add their general unfamiliarity with him and it made sense that Spider-Man could elude and escape the X-Men like he did. Now do I think he could have really taken them down in a straight fight? No. I think they would have stopped him in one more "round" if he had not already gotten away. But do I think it's an exageration to think Spidey could have done what he did to the X-Men in that issue? No.

And yeah, the Secret Wars marked the begining of the end of Jim Shooter's days as EiC at Marvel, at Marvel in general, and his being a respected creator.

finally back on topic! Can't wait to get that hawkeye, updated Hulk, and Heroes Reborn IM. I"ll probably toss kang in the garbage.

And the hunt is back on! Maybe.

(pay shipping or fight Crab Tree parking... what to do what to do)

Long time lurker, but I figured this is worth a post.

kang_minimate.jpg

I found him at the Disney Store in Orland Park, IL. They didn't have the other set out, but I wasn't passing on this.

Sunuvabeech, that's local. Really wish the closer Disney Stores were still open... <_<

Called a few of the stores in Michigan, none have them in stock, but I was told to check back next week as there is an Avengers display reset that is planned.

Isn't there only two in Michigan? Just Auburn and Sterling Heights i think. I live about 10 minutes from the Sterling one so i'll keep checking there.

Mini Ant-Man (Hank) and Wasp, that attach to a proper minimate much like Skeets w/ Booster Gold...

Skeets! Yes, just like that. That's what I'd like to see.

I'd prefer a mini-Wasp like mini-Silver Surfer, though, attached to a waist piece to be slid over the crotch peg, instead of pegged onto the back like with Galactus.

;)

I'm hoping they do a mini Wasp and Ant-Man slightly different and have them attach around the neck or arm peg of a full sized mate. think of a clear Capt Picard collar with the mini-mini-mate attached. or maybe a "clip on" style, more of a C than an O to attach to a peg.

I have a hard time keeping the Surfer attached to Galactus, and would like a little more space between them.

Edited by tones

GENTLEMEN. IT IS TIME.

Can't believe the insane turn-around on these. Definitely feels good to get a surprise reveal and not wait 6 months for hype to die. Not that Kang hype would ever die, but it still feels amazing.

Gonna have to go to a Disney store this afternoon and scope out the shelves. Quite frankly, IF these arrive in different shipments, it might be better for selling them; they're so similar that selling them at the same time might not be the best idea.

It IS insane how quick the turnaround is on these. What's also insane is how fast I've dropped into the "I already need these!" mindset of frantic searching, hoping that the marvelstore or disneystore websites will have them soon since I don't have a Disney store near me.

I NEED THEM NOW.

Heck, I'm still kind of wondering why Rogue and Ultron were there myself; if memory serves neither did very much, though Ultron was reprogrammed by Doom pretty early on. I remember Rogue having a line about wondering if she should join Doom's forces but otherwise I'm drawing a blank. I can't even remember if she's there when Spidey makes the X-men look like chumps before Xavier mindwipes him. As for Wasp, her interacting with Magneto always felt kind of funny to me until I realized that she was the only female there that wasn't an X-character and therefore was the only one who would logically confront Magneto alone about an alliance or whatever.

Yeah, she was there when Spidey thrashed the X-Men. He caught her in a web, and she wasn't able to break free.

And I hate to break it to ya, but She-Hulk and Captain Marvel were also there.

Right, but I was referring to Spider-Man's battle with the X-Men.

Btw, they're still not available online. I checked both MarvelStore.com and DisneyStore.com. <_<

Heck, I'm still kind of wondering why Rogue and Ultron were there myself; if memory serves neither did very much, though Ultron was reprogrammed by Doom pretty early on. I remember Rogue having a line about wondering if she should join Doom's forces but otherwise I'm drawing a blank. I can't even remember if she's there when Spidey makes the X-men look like chumps before Xavier mindwipes him. As for Wasp, her interacting with Magneto always felt kind of funny to me until I realized that she was the only female there that wasn't an X-character and therefore was the only one who would logically confront Magneto alone about an alliance or whatever.

Yeah, she was there when Spidey thrashed the X-Men. He caught her in a web, and she wasn't able to break free.

And I hate to break it to ya, but She-Hulk and Captain Marvel were also there.

Right, but I was referring to Spider-Man's battle with the X-Men.

Btw, they're still not available online. I checked both MarvelStore.com and DisneyStore.com. <_<

"Still?" It's been less than one day and we only have one found report, jeez. :rolleyes:

These shouldn't be hard to find. I don't think anyone has had issues with a single Disney set, even picking them up for international fans.

Found the Kang set in NJ today. They just got them in so be sure to ask, they might not be on the pegs yet. Employees said they only got the Kang set, no sign of the Reaper set.

$19.50 per set.

I guess I'm used to the indifferent and unhelpful employees at Walmart/Target because I found the Disney store employees to be insanely cheerful and helpful. It was definitely a nice change of pace.

I guess I'm used to the indifferent and unhelpful employees at Walmart/Target because I found the Disney store employees to be insanely cheerful and helpful. It was definitely a nice change of pace.

They put a special little something in the water that the staff drink!