UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

1336771111[/url]' post='225355']
1336765836[/url]' post='225333']
1336765527[/url]' post='225331']

I have just been sent photo confirmation that both boxsets have been secured for me. Disney Store in the Mall of America. Anyone in the bottom half of Minnesota, go now. They have them in the back because of the street date, but apparently they don't seem to care, because if you ask, they'll go get them and sell them to you.

Now I just have to wait until Memorial Day to get them.

I live near in Minnesota, where the Mall of America is, but it's bit of a drive for me and I hate that area driving around. DOn't suppose any Minnesotans could pick me up a set of both maybe?

I live in Minnesota, but I don't live close to MOA, and I'm broke atm. :(

I don't live near the MoA either, but I've got a guy.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPC number for the Grim Reaper set as requested: NB12 699788722961

SDC11150.jpg

SDC11153.jpg

SDC11154.jpg

Not really diggin the "grrr" head of Hawkeye. It doesn't match up with the mask very well. That will need to be switched out. The new bow & arrows are great and Reaper is ridiculously awesome!!

I can confirm that Hawkeye has reached the shelves of New Jersey.

Picked up the other set when i exchanged Kang; must have just put it out this afternoon. Hawkeye is fantastic, you can get some great poses with him. Oh, and his hairpiece DOES have a spacer in it, so it must have been added right after Movie Hawkeye was made. Shame, i tried it on Renner and it looked much better. Grim Reaper is pretty great too; his scythe was a little stuck, so be careful removing it, but it doesn't have an actual wrist peg so all is well. Great pieces.

Kang is simply perfect. Great fun is going to be had now.

Zach, DST, you've outdone yourselves.

Dear Chuck,

Thank you for making Kang. He is everything I always dreamed he would be. I paid $20 for him, and would have paid more. I apologize if at anytime my repeated asking after Kang became awkward or annoying. Please know it was born of deep passion for minimaes in general and Kang in specific, and not any intention of harassment. The Grim Reaper is a wonderful and unexpected bonus.

You have my gratitude, sir.

Clay "MiryMate" Arceneaux

P.S. ... Batroc? :rolleyes:

Oh man I can't wait to get these guys! Now I have to decide if I want to drive an hour to my nearest Disney Store or wait until Luke has them in stock...

Has anyone with the new Hawkeye found a good substitute face yet? Please post a picture if you come up with one!

Oh man I can't wait to get these guys! Now I have to decide if I want to drive an hour to my nearest Disney Store or wait until Luke has them in stock...

Has anyone with the new Hawkeye found a good substitute face yet? Please post a picture if you come up with one!

Movie Hawkeye's face works perfectly. Really looks like a Clint face. Besides that, maybe classic Batman?

Personally, i'll swap between official and Renner. Can't get over how cool this figure is.

But, if that set is a massive success, I think we all reserve the right to yell "I TOLD YOU SO!" at the top of our lungs.

Yup, you guys kept saying, "Make more Avengers product to tie in to the Avengers movie!" But we wouldn't listen. We have learned our lesson.

Picked up the other set when i exchanged Kang; must have just put it out this afternoon. Hawkeye is fantastic, you can get some great poses with him. Oh, and his hairpiece DOES have a spacer in it, so it must have been added right after Movie Hawkeye was made. Shame, i tried it on Renner and it looked much better.

THe movie Hawkeye had a spacer, as well, but it was mysteriously removed right before production. Robert was not too happy about that.

But, if that set is a massive success, I think we all reserve the right to yell "I TOLD YOU SO!" at the top of our lungs.

Yup, you guys kept saying, "Make more Avengers product to tie in to the Avengers movie!" But we wouldn't listen. We have learned our lesson.

Hey now, watch that! Here we are enjoying our little self aggrandizing moment and you go and ruin it with reality. Come on, let us bask in our illusion of grandeur a little while. We asked for Kang for 6 years, Kang gets made, Kang appears to be selling out fast, ergo we told you so. That's our story and we're sticking to it. dry.gif

Hey now, watch that! Here we are enjoying our little self aggrandizing moment and you go and ruin it with reality. Come on, let us bask in our illusion of grandeur a little while. We asked for Kang for 6 years, Kang gets made, Kang appears to be selling out fast, ergo we told you so. That's our story and we're sticking to it. dry.gif

Just 6 years? :whistling:

I'm not sure how you can say Kang is selling out fast when he only showed up this week and has only hit a smattering of Disney Stores. I'll go on record now to say that if Disney ordered both sets as abundantly as the did the FF one that these will be on clearance at some point in some stores.

Its all about numbers as GH just said & I have a sneaky feeling that these won't be as abundant as we might hope . The first

Disney set was bloody beautiful (Classic Heroic) whilst IMO the FF was just so-so (I might be in the minority with that one)& an SDCC product. I know ebay isn't the tell-all but you rarely see either there!

Good luck Jason. Hopefully they don't pull they same 'we can't sell them untio the 14th' story out for you also.

Quite the contrary - while they seemed to have NO idea what I was talking about, they pulled out a little recipe box and wrote my name, number, and the item on an index card, claiming they'd call me when it comes in stock. Super nice, but AS a retail employee, I don't trust the system one lick. I'll be there Monday.

Interesting, wonder whether they'd say the same thing if you were in the store. General consensus is Disney staff, unlike their TrU counterparts, are actually very switched-on and helpful?

Of course, their are exceptions to both rules!

As an employee of one of the two stores you just mentioned, I have to assume it's largely how corporate treats the employees. I LOVE toys, so I'm always happy to go out of my way for someone in search of that special something. That said... if it weren't for my passion, nothing about my company and their policies would prompt me to go above and beyond, really.

Street dates are fairly common in many areas of retail. In my old life managing a record store, we'd get in big trouble if we sold a new release before the street date. I'm a little surprised that we're seeing this now, since the movie's opened already; it would make sense if they were holding back Avengers product until May 4th, but now, not so much. Anyway, be a grownup and wait the week. :biggrin:

At my store, street dates are hard coded into the register. If we try to sell something before its street date, the register flat out will NOT allow it. As a result of inattentive stockers, we've actually had to turn people down at the register before. "But you put it out on the floor"... we understand that, but there's LITERALLY no way to make the register sell an item before street date.

Obviously, it doesn't sound like that's the case at Disney. Congrats to everyone who got their sets already! I hope to join you come Monday!

A lot of folks have been commenting about having positive experiences with Disney Store "cast members". I learned not to long ago that the Disney Store retail folks enjoy all of the same benefits as other domestic Disney employees - full healthcare, Silver Pass, 35% discount, career advancement opportunities, etc. Not trying to come across like a recruiter, just wanted to reinforce Mnemosis idea that companies that treat their employees well deliver better product and services. Go figure.

I think it's a matter of when they ship more than anything else. At our Disney Store, I happened to have an appointment very near that mall Wednesday night and they had no clue what I was talking about, and nothing showed in their computer. And I watched the employee search the system, he was genuinely finding nothing. (Accept oddly, it kept showing him various 'Mater' toys, since that was the closest it could find to 'mate') But they did say that they were getting an extra shipment on Friday (they usually only got truck Mondays and Wednesdays) and gave me the phone number. Lurch checked on Thursday with similar results. Well I called at lunch Friday and bingo they had them. So it may simply be a case of them not getting the "special shipment".

And I feel a little guilty for saying this, but I find myself wishing Eric came with a spinning scythe accessory.

Time will tell out, gh, but we're getting reports of Kang sell outs almost as often as sightings. You may be right. But I am comfortable with my illusion of Kang's runaway success. How's you illusion of Squirrel Girl's relevancy holding up? :tongue:

At my store, street dates are hard coded into the register. If we try to sell something before its street date, the register flat out will NOT allow it. As a result of inattentive stockers, we've actually had to turn people down at the register before. "But you put it out on the floor"... we understand that, but there's LITERALLY no way to make the register sell an item before street date.

Obviously, it doesn't sound like that's the case at Disney. Congrats to everyone who got their sets already! I hope to join you come Monday!

Now that you mention it, I remember going on a toy hunt with a buddy of mine right around the time Transformers Animated were supposed to hit; we found an endcap at a store, and he happily walked up with, I dunno, Megatron, only to be told what you just said. He was not happy.

Picked up the Kang set up here in MA. My store only had what looked like 10-12 of that set out, no sign of the Reaper set. When I asked if they maybe had it out back I got the standard 'everything we have is on the floor' answer, which we've all heard enough times to know that's not necessarily true.

The next closest Disney Store is 40 miles each way... as it stood today, I had a 30 mile round trip to make to get the Kang set. Going to probably end up ordering the Reaper set online... too few Disney stores, too many miles out... the gas will be more than the shipping.

Not sure why even cases weren't made mixed instead of two different solid cases, but oh well.

Now that you mention it, I remember going on a toy hunt with a buddy of mine right around the time Transformers Animated were supposed to hit; we found an endcap at a store, and he happily walked up with, I dunno, Megatron, only to be told what you just said. He was not happy.

This has happened to me twice, both times were with Legos. Once was at Walmart before Star Wars Episode III came out; they had the Turbo Tank on the shelf a week before street date. They told me no, with no explanation.

The second time was with a Lego Star Wars promo at TRU; when they had a sale for 10% off SW Legos. At the check out, I protested when they said it was two weeks before they could sell it. The manager, whom is really nice to me whenever I am in there, filled out a hold slip for me, and put down the 10% off sale price. I was then able to pick up the promo for the discount, just a few weeks later.

My TRU employees are almost all friendly and helpfully.

My wife went to my local Disney store in Orem, UT this morning and asked an employee that she knows 9from buying vinylmations) if they had the sets (since they weren't on the floor) The employee gladly went in the back and came back with the Grim Reaper set. My wife asked if they had the Kang set and she went back to check again and said they didn't. So got the Grim Reaper set. On my wife's way home she got a text message from the employee that she knows that she found the box in the back with the Kang sets and that they will put one aside for me when I can go pick it up on Monday. So very helpful and nice and so glad that I won't have to order these online and pay shipping! Love the Reaper set, Hawkeye's quiver and Thor's whirly hand are great!

Kind of sounds like most stores got the two cases, but don't know that each case has a separate set in it and are putting out one or the other at a time. Someone at DST should send an email to Disney to tell them to inform their stores to put out both cases. $40 sales are better than $20 sales! :thumbsup:

Maybe I'll go back and try again, or just wait to see what Monday brings.

BTW, Kang is badass... easily in my top 10 MMM's already. He looks fantastic in person.

Went into my local DS , CM said they were going to most likely be putting them out Sunday night. Fresh for Monday. I told her I'd be Sunday night before closing to see if they are out. If not go back Monday at 10 am when they open. I live like 10min away from the Mall, so no biggie